Sign in to follow this  
Guest farmer

Need help learning how to fly the Cub

Guest Nathan Palmer

Boy these new a/c are very hard to learn how to fly like an Ace. I really want to start flying the Piper Cub but during take-off and landing it weather veins or yaws to the left and flips. I think I figured out how to prevent it during roll out by appling the brakes giving full throttle and then letting off the brakes. However during landing I gett the same deal and have yet been able to have a complete flight. How did those guys ever do it back in the day huh?NP

Guest Enzoblue

Mmmmm actually this happened to me too and it had to do with a bug of some kind. Mine would shoot straight up right after takeoff until it flipped. After a few tries I was looking at the controls before takeoff, and I noticed the pitch trim wheel spinning away all by it's lonesome without me touching anything.

Guest Nathan Palmer

Well at first I thought it might be torque but feel that the piper engine wouldnt have that much power. I have both CH yoke and pedals and give full right rudder and dip the wing into the wind but still cant get her to not weathervein left.NP