Sign in to follow this  
Guest wathomas777

New To Civilian Flight Simulators

I just picked up FS9 last week, and I must say that I am very impressed with it. I have been into combat flight sims for a long time, and always thought I would be bored with a civilian flight sim. Was I ever wrong! I absolutely love this sim, and I am totally hooked. I finally came to the realization that what I liked the most about flight sims was landing and taking off, so why not give FS9 a try. I'm sure glad that I did! It is kind of nice being able to concentrate on flying without worring about getting a missle up your butt. I can't see myself going back to the combat sims any time soon. I am amazed by the number of web sites, forums, and add on's that are available. It has made learning this sim so much easier.

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,welcome in the wonderful world of civilised flying ;-)where one can truly relax......sometimes :-lolif you hit problems,this is the place to ask :-lolalso:www.fsgateway.comwww.vatsim.net have fun,and see ya :-)

Hi boris4356,"I have been into combat flight sims for a long time, and always thought I would be bored with a civilian flight sim"Welcome!! If you look very closely about this, it`s the complete reverse, CV sim will allow to learn alot about anything related to the real world, aviation, many things to learn with 3rd party discussion, and the most 3rd party files available in the planet. Combat sim will allow you to fly on very limited area and more focused on bomb and destruction.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

>Hi,>>"I have been into combat flight sims for a long time, and>always thought I would be bored with a civilian flight sim">>>Well if you look very close about this, it`s the complete>reverse, CV sim will allow to learn alot about anything>related to the real world, aviation, many things to learn with>3rd party discussion, and the most 3rd party files available>in the planet. Combat sim will allow you to fly on very>limited area and more focused on bomb and destruction.Although I'm a very big fan of MSFS 2004 and enjoy it to the fullest I have to admit IL-2 FB has a much better and more realistic FM. For me MSFS is more about technique than actually using the FM.Just my opinion.See you in the fence...CYYZ

Welcome to the civilian world soldier.I thought the same way about 4 years ago, thought it would be boring.I got FS2000 back then mainly because I wanted a change and there was no new military sim that caught my attention, was almost instantly hooked and never looked back.

Guest RTC

Don't forget to pick up some warbirds from the file library. In fact there are military aircraft for flightsim that aren't flyable in any Combat Sim, hopefully they will be making an FS9 appearance soon.RTC

Guest Rockcliffe

I still use CFS2 on rare occasions (even CFS1, for that matter) but I find I get too hyped up with combat sims. It's not relaxing at all and it it's more like playing a video game than flying. With the civilian sim I find I become completely immersed in the experience. And I love to see the world spread out before me, without having to worry about ME109s sneaking up on my tail.BlairCYOW

Welcome Boris to the world of (peaceful?) flight simming!I have, on more than one occasion, fallen asleep while flying my virtual Mooney! :-roll What does this mean???David

Guest Marvel

Hello I also used to be a nut in modern jet combat flight sim which is the type of sim I started playing years ago but once I got into FS2002, I never ever wanting to pull the trigger to kill bandid or drop bombs again. I like the peaceful skys, learning navigations and flying environment and so on. From where I used to fly jet fighters with thousan pounds of thrust now I enjoy flying humbly across the sky with General Aviation aircraft. It is more relaxing but sometime thril when doing that VOR DME arc approach in IFR weather. :-)

Guest Enzoblue

Now imagine what the real WWI-II combat pilots had to face, all those bullets coming from everywhere, yet half their problems stemmed from keeping that crappy plane in the air. Here we just worry about the plane :)

Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Since I made this post, I have become completely addicted. If I wasn't already divorced, It wouldn't have taken too long to become that way! I love the learning challenge this sim gives, and the wealth of information on the web. I also like the fact of the sim being so realistic that a lot of real world aviation articles apply.

Guest wathomas777

It means i have no interest in getting up in the air with you behind the controls of a real mooney :-lolUnless of course you have had a REAL GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!!!