Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Any news about AITM for FS9?

Hi,Have anyone heard anything about the new version of AI Traffic Mover that's going to be compatible with FS2004.Never tried it with FS2002 but from what I've read it seems to be a stunning program when it comes to arranging AI traffic! Or what are the alternatives if AITM won't make it to FS9 compatibility?All the best,Richard

Richard Åsberg

Ultimate Traffic also seems like a great product! What are the main differences between AITM and UT? If I'm not mistaken AITM doesn't come with any AI planes while UT does. Are there more differences justifying the price of about $30 for UT?Also found out that UT is in the same situation as AITM, that is in the progress of beeing upgraded for FS9 compatibility. So I guess there's not much to do more than patiently sit back and wait...:-)/R

Richard Åsberg

AITM is just the utility used to enhance and manage your AI, it works very well and is a must. UT is a complete package deal and from what I have seen it has similar utilities to add and manage the UT traffic. AITM is free (last time I checked), UT is a complete addon AI traffic program you pay for. Hope this helps a bit as you seemed to have thought they were the same deal.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

The Computer Pilot issues of Jan and Feb 2003 delve into AI management and AFCAD for AI airport design. You might consider ordering these back issues. While written for FS2K2, issues are similar.

Will most probably end up with both of them as soon as they are available for FS9 :-)Thanks,Richard

Richard Åsberg

OK, maybe I will or otherwise I just sit back and wait until the programs are released and find out all of it myself :-)Thanks,Richard

Richard Åsberg

If you purchase (when available) UT for FS9, then you might find AITM redundant or even conflicting with UT. I would think UT requires its databases to remain in sync with the FS traffic and scenery files. If you use another program to modify the FS files, then UT would have to import them again to refresh (replace) its database files to remain current. Not sure, but as one familiar with programming, that could be a consideration.Similarly, you would have to reimport the FS files into AITM to recreate its text based data files if you modified them outside of AITM (which I use).

OK, I'll keep that in mind and just wait and see which one makes it to FS9 compatibility first...

Richard Åsberg