Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enzoblue

Having some problems with the MelJet Series...

Guest JeffB

I hope someone can help me...I've downloaded this, bh.hl.mj772v2gviit.zip, for the MelJet 777-200 jet.I've also downloaded the cabin textures.I've installed them, but I do not get the cockpit at all...no gauges, no nav's, nothing....I also went to the MelJet web site and donwnloaded the 777 200 LR paint kit, thinking I must missing some files. I installed into the Aircraft directory and all is there, but still NO cockpit!I know I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out.What am I doing wrong?Thanks in advance,Jeff

Guest racartron

I assume you are looking for a virtual 3D cockpit -- there is none.And as far as a conventional 2D panel, just use which ever 777 panel you choose -- either the default or any of a number available as add-ons.BTW, I just downloaded the great new British Airways "Tails" series and they came without either a panel or sound folder. No big deal as I just dropped in the ones I normally use for the other 777's in my hanger.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest JeffB

Thanks Racartron,While it would be nice to have the 3D cockpit, I was actually refering to the 2D version. Honestly, I didn't know I must add my own 2D panels, etc.I appreciate your help!Any suggestions on add-on (free) panels?With Highest Regards,Jeff

Guest Enzoblue

Hiyas, I put the Meljet in last night. For the 2d panel I put in P777pam.zip and then m777panel04.zip on top of it. (Gracias Jorge!)Pretty cool, has lots of neat stuff and buttons for the specials on the meljet. I do get 2 warnings when I start fs2004, I just say yes to them and it works perfect.

Guest racartron

beat me to it :) That's the panel Iwas going to suggest. It is awesome. However, I'm still committed to FS2002 for some time and so am not aware of any potential FS2004 issues.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest JeffB

Thanks!I found P777pam.zip but I couldn't locate m777panel04.zip.I did a search and also just looked through all the 777 panels.Might you have a link to it?Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by putting m777panel04.zip on top of it.Thanks again!JeffB

Guest JeffB

Ok,Thanks for the link and the explanation!I'm off to give it a try now!JeffB

Guest JeffB

Hey,Thanks again. That did the trick!I wonder if you could help with another question...I also installed FSSOUND.DLL (dated 2001). I can't hear the engines anymore.When I load the program, it mentions this might be incompatible. I answered OK (to load it).I do hear the flaps and some other sounds. Maybe I'm missing some engine sounds?Best regards,JeffB

Guest Enzoblue

hmmm no idea there, could be anything. Best o' luck!~ :)