Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJK

Outer Ailerons

Guest Albertking

Afternoon All,A problem appears to have develop with the outer ailerons hanging down all the times. I see this in the various outside views. I noticed that cruising N1 = 94 (normally around 80) and also on decent there is this continuouse pitching oscillation. Is this all related and how can I centre them? Interesting is both sides hang down. It's not like the one is up and the other down requiring some aileron triming. From the views they appear to be functioning as flaperons.PMDG 747-400X (FSX).RegardsAlbertBAW102

Be sure to check the advanced animations option in FSX.Pitch and heading oscillations are normally caused by FSX weather engine, and much has been posted on this topic since FS9 came out. An effective remedy is to use the weather smoothing features in the registered version of FSUIPC.Full names here please Albert.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest AJK

Thanks Dan,Are you suggesting this weather smoothing might have some influence on the aileron configuration? I can understand the pitching on decent being addressed by weather smoothing but interested to understand how it might also affect the configuration.Kind regardsAlbert King

No, you presented two problems and I responded with two separate items to consider. Now I am confused. Did you check the advanced animations?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest AJK

Hi Dan,Now that I found the check box for "Advanced Animation" it worked. The Ailerons are now correct. Thankyou!I will now persue the pitching problem and the weather. When I next fly I'll see if it's still evident and try what you have suggested.RegardsAlbert King

I have ASE and a registered FSUIPC module, but even with wind smoothing checked in FSUIPC, and DWC and global weather turned off in ASE I still got bad S-turns. I found that I had to change ASE's wind shear settings and turbulance settings to 0 and then add random turbulance in FSUIPC. Nightmare, but I got there in the end!!

Sam Crawford

"Don't judge the intelligence of an individual by the number of posts that they have made. Wait until they say something stupid first."

CTC Cadet - www.ctcwings.co.uk