Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

This defies description..

Guest w2sjw

I took off from Juneau Intl on a normal morning, and then I saw this off to my right (pic #1). I decide to fly to it, and then THROUGH it, and I was immediately thrust to an altitude of over 60,000 ft (pic #2). My engine stalls, and I am 'trapped' between two of these things (pic #3). It wasn't until 5 minutes later that I was able to break free of this 'bubble' I was stuck in, and re-start the engines (pic #4). I landed back at Juneau with no problems. Anybody else have the sim go nuts on them like this?Scott

WHOA!! Did you install some funky scenery or something?? I don't have that outside of Juneau!! LOL FREAKY!!!! (jack and the beanstalk revisited!!)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Ideas

I was trying to make scenery for Subic Bay Philippines (Correcting Coasts and filling in Land Areas) and accidently made the same thing, never could figure out why it happened, because it happened in an area Northwest of the scenery I was working on.

Guest FS_freak

I've seen that before. It has something to do with the altitude of an addon scenery. Usually it is caused by a typo on the altitude box in your scenery creator, something like an intended altitude of 6.000 feet ending up as 60.000 ft... Deactivate addon scenery one by one and you will point out the culprit...Cheers,Mauricio

This is, of course, the Bermuda Triangle, which was blown up to Alaska by the recent inclement weather experienced in the Bermuda area. You were fortunate to survive. Think yourself lucky that you didn't run into a pile of Microsoft bridges at the same time, for then it might have been a very different story indeed. Congratulations on a successful landing, too. Now you have a great story to tell your virtual grandchildren.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest w2sjw

Guys,It never happened again - I'm using the full state of Alaska terrain mesh available here in the library, and it's never done that before! Maybe it's the converted Archer from FS2002 that was possessed!Scott

Guest Lizardo

That's a "hole" in the mesh..Denney's has a few in Alaska too. If you go way up above it, likely you'll find a small pond there. (they even cast shadows!). Either ignore it, or flatten it.

Guest racartron

Had a similar encounter out near Devil's Tower a while back. The thing was as solid as a "rock." I was in a Cessna but switched to my T-38 in an effort to get on top of it. But the damn thing was over 100,00 ft and still heading upward when I ran out of steam and stalled. :(BTW, these things are anomalies caused when you install a new mesh. Holes and/or bad data in the source file creates them. The mesh developers have to fix them one at a time by hand.Course I understand good old MS has gratiously included several in the default version of FS2004. This way everyone can enjoy them. :(Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest bfindlay

I live in Whitehorse and frequent Junea by small plane often. (was supposed to fly this past Saturday, but the weather did not cooperate.) we do indeed have that structure near the airport - it is more of a hazard for high flying jets in cloud, than for GA aircraft! ;-)

Yeah, I saw a 6ooo ft pit near a lake that includes a waterfall and all in the middle of Missouri. Nice work MS!Tim

There must be a bug in the matrix...Morpheus? Can you hear me?Buck

Guest racartron

If ya evermake it to the top, I wouldn't be surprised to find Gandolf huddled in a corner mumbling sweet nothings to a butterfly. ;)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest w2sjw

Ok guys & gals, here's more info on the thing:1. I took up my T-38 this time for a better look. The 'anomaly' extends to what appears to be more than 99999 feet.2. They cast some wicked shadows that go on for miles at sunset or sunrise.3. When you enable crashes, you can fly between them and around them without getting 'stuck' in that 'bubble' I mentioned before. Just don't fly INTO them!I hope the author might be reading this. Much appreciation if you can figure out where the data went wrong so the mesh will work in 2004, because this is awesome mesh in every other way...Scotthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/35900.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/35901.jpg