Sign in to follow this  
GrayGhostVA

J41 - Weird United Express Livery.. Question?

Hi all. First time poster.I don't even really know how to explain this or where to search for this, so I'm sorry if this has already come up. Using the J41 with the United Express livery with the N301UE that I downloaded from PMDG I noticed something that I never really noticed before...

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/GrayGhostva/uhwhat.jpg

I circled the things I've never seen before... First off, a camera? What? That huge tank looking thing on the underbelly? Those box things on the roof of the plane?That splatter on the windscreen that sort of disappears as I move the camera around? What in the world is going on here..I even loaded the default PMDG liveries and they had none of these and were normal. I'm not parked on top of another plane either..Is this some secret goverment Jetstream or something? Because it also looks like the windows are blocked.The weirdest part is everything looks as if it SHOULD be there, like there isn't any clipping or of colored-ness.. It's like another plane has mated with the J41, which is weird because I don't have another plane that has a camera like that.I apologize right away if everyone has already been through this and this is actually real, but I've just never seen this and I have no idea how to search for it, and I know I've used this livery without this happening. Am I going insane or did my FSX explode?-Sean Lewis

- Sean Lewis

Through a little trail and error I figure out that this happens on any plane regardless of the livery, but I can also turn it on and off. I do this by clicking the chocks in the ramp manager.I also noticed the wires attached to the rudder as well...Is this how it's supposed to be when the chocks are on? Maybe the windows closed up but... A camera? Huh?!-Sean Lewis

- Sean Lewis

I also had this problem. It has something to do with a problem with the hong kong government livery. I uninstalled that livery and my planes went back to normal.

That's interesting.. I don't have that livery installed, and I've never actually installed that livery before since I've owned the J41.Weird. Oh well, I'll just uninstall the liveries and re-install them, hopefully that will fix it, because I don't see the passengers as well. Not the biggest issue in the world, but still a little annoying.

- Sean Lewis

That's interesting.. I don't have that livery installed, and I've never actually installed that livery before since I've owned the J41.Weird. Oh well, I'll just uninstall the liveries and re-install them, hopefully that will fix it, because I don't see the passengers as well. Not the biggest issue in the world, but still a little annoying.
I've also noticed some really weird things happening to the visual model when using the Ramp Manager. However, the behavior has been intermittent, I've never been able to get a solid repro case for PMDG.So, if you think you have a solid repro case, PLEASE send it to PMDG! They are still planning on one further update to the JS41, would be nice to get this one fixed!

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

So, if you think you have a solid repro case, PLEASE send it to PMDG!
Can do. I'll start uninstalling and re-installing tonight.

- Sean Lewis