Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

VoxATC6?

There is a new version of VoxATC listed on the RC Simulation site. It appears to be aimed toward the Euro market but has lots of new features. Does anyone know if a US version will also be released? The product description includes new AT&T voices compatible with 64 bit operating systems, new Festival speech engine allowing filtering and adding static to the voices, expanded helicopter operations and other goodies. Any information or comments on this subject?

There is a new version of VoxATC listed on the RC Simulation site. It appears to be aimed toward the Euro market but has lots of new features. Does anyone know if a US version will also be released? The product description includes new AT&T voices compatible with 64 bit operating systems, new Festival speech engine allowing filtering and adding static to the voices, expanded helicopter operations and other goodies. Any information or comments on this subject?
Note that this new VoxATC version 6 has a UK expansion, this does not mean that its UK only. It works just as well in US as the version 5.I can also add that I think the new voices with various filters, when set at correct volume and rate, sounds as close to ATC reallife voices as can be done with this technology.And even better, the new SID/STAR clearance directly from AIRAC data is just great, no need to 'guess' the runway in use anymore.

A few questions on this exciting news!Does anybody know:-When V6 is likely to appear?The new voices (specifically designed for 64 bit systems) - will they still work with XP 32bit?Will version 6 still be able to work use the old voices from version 5?Will it operate on a client machine (simconnect / fsuipc) or is just specific processors on a the FSX machine?I was beginning to think with very little recent upgrades happening that the future for VOXATC was not as bright as I had hoped but now I am back in a happy place :)Well done Tegwyn and much appreciated for all your hard work in the background.OldBadger

Will version 6 still be able to work use the old voices from version 5?
My AT&T voices that were bought, when I had a XP 32 bit system, works fine in VoxATC version 6 on my Win 7 64.But I do wish they had the same filtered/static quality as the new voices in VoxATC 6.

Can anyone post a link, I went to the VoxATC site and the RC site aswell and found nothing about a v6

Can anyone post a link, I went to the VoxATC site and the RC site aswell and found nothing about a v6
Here you, scroll down to bottom and click on voxatc 6https://sslrelay.com/www.rcsimulations.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c9c83161bf4d/shopdata/0001_Vox+ATC+/product_overview.shopscriptOldBadger

oops I guess I didn't see it all the way down there. Thanks to both of you. Sounds like its going to be pretty good and for $145 Canadian it better bebiggrin.gif

It appears that the version 6 product has been removed from the rcsimulation site. I guess they jumped the gun. Hopefully it will reappear in the not too distant future. I have been using this product since it was first released and these new features sound intriguing. It would be nice if the developer would grace our forum with an update. In the past new versions of the software have appeared on the voxatc site with no fanfare at all on any of the sim sites.

Any speculation if version 6 will require existing customers to buy new or will it be no-charge update?

Any speculation if version 6 will require existing customers to buy new or will it be no-charge update?
Good question. I have v5.63 and would like to know if I will be able to upgrade or have to pay.....again?Danny

Danny

Thanks for the update. I believe I will wait and see if there will be a download version as I don't need the ATT voices. The festival speech engine sounds interesting though. It would be nice if the developer would post some information here or on the main VoxATC site.

Interesting that all the other purchase sites I have checked are still selling the older version.Someone needs to fix this if you want me to purchase v6.That reminds me, I've seen no reply to my question about v6 being a no-charge update or a re-purchase of the entire program.

I have send two emails to the VoxAtc and asked them why I can't find any information about Version 6, but I get no answer from them at all!A bit strange if you ask me! :(