Sign in to follow this  
monteclaro

A program I would like to have

Hi Gurus,Landing is the most exiting moment for me, I fly only GA and mainly bush.To be able to start a fast set up, I would like to be able to do the following secuence:1.- Choose the airport I want to land. 2.- Choose the plane. Set altitude. heading,radios...etc, according the airport3.- Choose the distance from the airport.4.- Choose weather and wind directions,visivility,clouds, etcStart FSX and enjoy the landing.The way I do now is as follows:Start FSX.Choose the plane and the airport I want to land.Open the Map and drag the plane to the distance I want to be, set speed and heading. Enter,Pause and set the radios, flaps, gear, etc.Resume and land.Any ideas.LuisExcuse my English. My native language is Spanish.

Hi,you do not need a program. If you are approaching your airport, "PAUSE" FSX, and store your flight. If you re-open this flight FSX starts it exactly in your approach situation. So, you always can perform your landing flight when ever you want. Landing, landing, landing .....as much you can.regardsDietmar

Hi,you do not need a program. If you are approaching your airport, "PAUSE" FSX, and store your flight. If you re-open this flight FSX starts it exactly in your approach situation. So, you always can perform your landing flight when ever you want. Landing, landing, landing .....as much you can.regardsDietmar
Thank you.I understand that but, let us look into this secuence.Fire up the PC.Enter a program that give me the posibilities of:Airplane, airport, distance, speed, radios,weather and so on......This is done quite fast.Then tells me to start fsx.Voila....I am ready to fly.No need to save the flight.I have no program experience, but I think it would be not very difficult to create such a program. Read the scenery, aircraft and so on.There a some programs that almost do that such as Dangerous Approaches.Maybe I am wrong, but I will be very happy to buy such a program.Luis

Hi Luis,FSX is not a game ! Again, for your purpose you can perform exactly your flight the way you described. If you are in approache condition, "PAUSE" FSX and save your flight. If you want to do another landing, just start your saved flight, and it will come up exactly in tha approach condition. It is in PAUSE mode. You can now check your flight conditions, hit the "P" key and you fly in approache mode and do your landing again.What else do you expect from a program ??Secondly: You can download FS-Recorder. This is a tool which records your flight. If you are call your recorded flight after you have started FSX, you can switch your selfe into this recorded light and, again, you can do your lovely landing. Over and over ! DietmarHere the link to FS-Recorderhttp://www.fs-recorder.net/

Hi Luis,Addons such as Active Sky Evolution, Real Environment Extreme and the like are all made possible due to the FSX Software Development Kit (SDK) which allows a developer to create an interface between a program and FSX and also provides a base to design a user interface.Perhaps there would be a way for someone with the ability to do some programming that can help you.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Luis,Addons such as Active Sky Evolution, Real Environment Extreme and the like are all made possible due to the FSX Software Development Kit (SDK) which allows a developer to create an interface between a program and FSX and also provides a base to design a user interface.Perhaps there would be a way for someone with the ability to do some programming that can help you.
Dietmar,Thank you for your suggestions, Really my wish is not land again and again to the same airport. I want to choose the airport and so forth as I have explained.I do not kown if this happens to you.You come home after a hard days work. traffic on the roads, bad weather, etc...Just enter, you have maybe half an hour before supper....No time to mess about. Want a quick flight.Fire your PC. Open my dream program and....you go......land and have supper. No delays.....Do you think it will be great.Think about it.Saludos.Luis

Hi Luis,I still do not understand what your problem is.....Fire your PC. Open my dream program and....you go......land and have supper. No delays.....Do you think it will be great.Think about it...........Let me say it (with a little change) with your words. Fire your PC. Start your dream flight and ....you go....land and have supper.No delays.....I have thought about it......It's exactly what you like to do. No delays. Just start your landing flight. Pls try it at least !!!!!Dietmar

A simple "work around" until such time as a program like you envision is available:1. Set up several "favorite" flights and save them with an easily recognized name such as "Quicky 1, Quicky 2 etc.2. Associate the FSSAVE extension (as seen in the list of your saved flights in your My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder) with FSX.exe3. Setup a shortcut on your Desktop to each of these "Quicky" FSSAVE files. It probably would be a good idea to put those shortcuts in a folder on your Desktop - perhaps named Quick Flights or something similar.4. When you want to fly one of them (before dinner is ready) just click on one of them and FSX will start up, bypassing all of the usual screens and you will be flying in no time,Just an idea.

Hi,Yes... there is a way as Opa says, but my idea is to be able to set up a different flght. Lets say.....I want to land in Malaga witht my Duke.I wish to be at 50 miles off, at the speed of 150 knots, Altitude 7000 ft. gear up. Nav 1 ils rway 13 109.50. Nav2 vor MLG 113.55. wind 180. Clear day. landing lights on.I can do that statiing FSX. Go to LEMG. Choose the Duke. Set up the radios accordingly. Set weather. Go to MAP. Drag the plane 60 miles aprox. Altitude 7000 ft. speed 150 knots. ENTER. Pause. Set gear up. Save as Landing LEMG Duke. Pause and fly.As you can see it is a long way to go vs. my idea of a new program.Just a thought.Luis

Hi,Yes... there is a way as Opa says, but my idea is to be able to set up a different flght. Lets say.....I want to land in Malaga witht my Duke.I wish to be at 50 miles off, at the speed of 150 knots, Altitude 7000 ft. gear up. Nav 1 ils rway 13 109.50. Nav2 vor MLG 113.55. wind 180. Clear day. landing lights on.I can do that statiing FSX. Go to LEMG. Choose the Duke. Set up the radios accordingly. Set weather. Go to MAP. Drag the plane 60 miles aprox. Altitude 7000 ft. speed 150 knots. ENTER. Pause. Set gear up. Save as Landing LEMG Duke. Pause and fly.As you can see it is a long way to go vs. my idea of a new program.Just a thought.Luis
Ok, ok you are twisting my arm... I will do it for $1,000,000. LOL, just joking of course. Opa's idea sounds like a sure hit at the moment and that is the best that can be achieved. Not sure if anyone has talked about this before, I think it is a good idea as I remember several times where all I wanted to do was complete a quick landing but had to go through the steps of starting the sim first, climbing out then begin a final to land.If I had any programing know-how I would give it a shot.

\Robert Hamlich/

Ok, ok you are twisting my arm... I will do it for $1,000,000. LOL, just joking of course. Opa's idea sounds like a sure hit at the moment and that is the best that can be achieved. Not sure if anyone has talked about this before, I think it is a good idea as I remember several times where all I wanted to do was complete a quick landing but had to go through the steps of starting the sim first, climbing out then begin a final to land.If I had any programing know-how I would give it a shot.
Yes Robert.The idea is no tto save the landing....just being able to do it to anywhere,,,anytime.There are some programs that are quiet close to this, such as Dangerous landings, random airports, find airport, etc...The program I am thinking is nothing if you compare to Radar Contact, FSC8, FS Passengers... etc.I remember FSnav in FS9, you where able to put your plane anywhere just with a click in you mouse....Saludos.Luis