Sign in to follow this  
Guest payton412

Dissapearing traffic

Guest payton412

Hi I compiled flight plans with Ttools for FSX but the problem is there is no traffic it also says ''Building Data base for new Scenery files'' I go to KMIA and only the default traffic remains!

Guest firehawk44
Hi I compiled flight plans with Ttools for FSX but the problem is there is no traffic it also says ''Building Data base for new Scenery files'' I go to KMIA and only the default traffic remains!
I'm surprised this was not explained in the WOAI program manual. Perhaps in future versions it will be addressed. Just because you compiled flight plans with Traffic tools doesn't mean it was done properly or you installed the .bgl correctly, or it was properly added to the Scenery Library. In addition, flight plans take some time to take action and you'll probably have to wait to begin seeing the results of the compilation. The 'Building Database for new scenery files' message is common and could have been the result of some other action you might have taken prior to the compilation or before you restarted FSX. Just opening and then resaving the scenery.cfg will cause this information message to appear. Just placing that .bgl file you compiled anywhere within the the FSX main directory will cause the message to appear as FSX looks several different places looking for changes whenever it starts up. To really see if your traffic bgl is working properly, rename the default traffic bgl (trafficAircraft.bgl located in your scenery/world/scenery folder to trafficaircraft.default or trafficAircraft.thisisthedefault). Then, if you see nothing at KMIA, then you know it's probably a bad compilation of your flight plans using TT. Make sure you're at KMIA when the first flight plan in your compilation of flight plans occurs (landing or takeoff). Best regards,Jim

No traffic will appear if:- the AI traffic bgl file is not in the scenery/world/scenery folder;- the aircraft that is referred to in the bgl file do not exist;- the airports mentioned in the bgl file are incorrect;- the related tarffic slider is down to 0% or at some very low value. (However, you do see default traffic, so this can't be the issue...)I advise you to look closely if all of these are correct before compiling the bgl file. To check whether the bgl file is the correct plane, simply open the scenery/world/scenery folder and drop your newly made bgl file into that place. See if that rectifies anything. If not, look closely if the aircraft used have the correct names. before you compile the bgl file, you probably already noted the three text files that TTools uses to compile the bgl file. One of them is titled aircraft (or it has it in the name anyway). Open that file, and look what the names of the various aircraft is. These names must correspond to "title=" entries in the aircraft.cfg file of the AI traffic you want to see flying. It is only by this title that FS knows what aircraft should be used.I'm quite sure that the airport section is correct, but I would advise looking especially into the aircraft stuff. Did you download this uncompiled AI traffic file from Avsim (or a similar file library website)? Because if that's the case, the chances are 99% that the wrong aircraft titles have been entered into the aircraft designation file (the file with aircraft in the name that FS uses to know what aircraft should be used for this flightplan).I hope this helped...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

You might also want to check that you have de-selected "aircraft cast ground shadows" in your display settings. This stopped WOAI aircraft showing up for me and many others. Not sure if it affects default AI though....

Well, since Ttools creates an FS9 style traffic file, Two things happen:1. Had the file been placed in a proper folder, all default traffic in your area would be gone. After ten minutes or so AI would start to arrive. That did not happen so...B. The file was not placed where FS could "see" it.3. FS9 traffic files and FSX traffic files number days differently. If you wrote a plan that calls for flights on Monday only( for example) and go to your airport on Monday, your flights will not be there, but on a different day. (OK that was three things)Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

You should also look if there are any other FS9 format traffic files, 'cause once FSX finds one, it will simply ignore all other flight plans other than that of the FS9 format, which results in an AI conflict as well as the disappearance of the FSX third party traffic from the FSX-format WOAI BGL files. Dave.You should also look if there are any other FS9 format traffic files, 'cause once FSX finds one, it will simply ignore all other flight plans other than that of the FS9 format, which results in an AI conflict as well as the disappearance of the FSX third party traffic from the FSX-format WOAI BGL files. Dave.

No traffic will appear if:- the AI traffic bgl file is not in the scenery/world/scenery folder;
Not true. The traffic bgl can be in any active scenery area.

Not true. The traffic bgl can be in any active scenery area.
Really? Didn't know that, sorry. I always saw the files situated in that one folder so I supposed that it had to be in that folder for it to work.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest firehawk44
Really? Didn't know that, sorry. I always saw the files situated in that one folder so I supposed that it had to be in that folder for it to work.
My Traffic X is a good example. All the AI files for this program is in MyTrafficX in the MTX Scenery folder. Best regards,Jim

My Traffic X is a good example. All the AI files for this program is in MyTrafficX in the MTX Scenery folder. Best regards,Jim
Lemme guess...So this package edits the fsx.cfg file as well? Dave.