Sign in to follow this  
Buddy2

PMDG 737 NGX Development

I saw that somewhere on Boeing a few days ago. Very cool.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Haha, that was pretty awesome, Buddy. As for the livery goes. It wouldn't be possible in the MD-11 or 747 unfortunately to create this paint "Exact". I also doubt it would be for the upcoming NGX. They would have to make a paint kit that allowed such detail not to blend at the top and the bottom. This happens due to the Vectors/poly's, so it would be fine on the sides but the top would just smear from the last few feet toward the top and bottom.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Haha, that was pretty awesome, Buddy. As for the livery goes. It wouldn't be possible in the MD-11 or 747 unfortunately to create this paint "Exact". I also doubt it would be for the upcoming NGX. They would have to make a paint kit that allowed such detail not to blend at the top and the bottom. This happens due to the Vectors/poly's, so it would be fine on the sides but the top would just smear from the last few feet toward the top and bottom.
Well not knowing a thing about painting/creating liveries, I'll take your word that it is most certainly an impossible feat. Be advised I feel like I've just seen a puppy hit by a car... Or the same way I felt when I learned Santa wasn't real... heheBuddy Morgan

With the MD-11 there was a section added to the Decals.psd making it shown how the vertices were at work and allows for placing artwork without distorting. The top is another story though. It would be possible to get something like this very close, just wanted to point out current limitations in the area of perfection. Once the NGX is released and a paintkit, remind me and I'll give this livery a shot for my 1st project. Unless of course others beat me to it :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

remind me and I'll give this livery a shot for my 1st project.
WilcoCheers!Buddy Morgan

Lovely livery - I asked ages ago about doing the Yananyl Dreaming livery and Mac said it would be a challenge Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

John Ellison

That was one of the 1st paints I ever did the 747-400x. Challenging to say the least and although you can get the sides fairly exact, the top and bottom are what kills it and you cannot line it up exact. The one in the video above looks newer and the one I did was based off a 1/500th scale Herpa I had and is the more common one seen in pics. I no longer have it but have screenshots somewhere in an old backup I think. It was my first struggle with learning to paint and taking note of the limitations one can do actually.

Dan Prunier

Came across this video and thought it was cool/appropriate... Now hopefully a master painter can re-create this livery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKnsyYbfC60

Cheers!Buddy Morgan
I saw Florida One twice this weekend - very cool aircraft!Here's a pic I took yesterday walking out to board a different custom SWA -700 livery - the "classic" scheme:boarding.jpgBonus points to whoever can figure out what airport this is. tongue.gif

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Haha, you beat me to it Steven. 2nd for KPHX

Dan Prunier

Lovely livery - I asked ages ago about doing the Yananyl Dreaming livery and Mac said it would be a challenge Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
The Yananyl Dreaming livery is a beauty! I'm a bit of a Southwest Junkie so Christmas to me means the NGX and all of SWA's special liveries... (Though I'll be pleased with just the former)...Here is another video I drummed up showcasing the SWA special livs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtISWbmQCiA

Cheers! Buddy Morgan

I saw Florida One twice this weekend - very cool aircraft!Here's a pic I took yesterday walking out to board a different custom SWA -700 livery - the "classic" scheme:boarding.jpgBonus points to whoever can figure out what airport this is. tongue.gif
Don't know what aiport, but hope someone picked up the FOD! :(

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I'm thinking ABQ

I'm thinking ABQ
And I'm thinking the dude in the jeans is guilty of dropping his 40oz YooHooBuddy Morgan