Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lenard

Installing

Guest Lenard

I am new to this.I downloaded the FS Crew for the Level D 767,,and the sp1,but there seems to be no instructions on how to install it,,I have tried numerous ways but always end up with Black windows....and the Start Center says the Level-D 767 is not detected.Fsx sp2...Windows 7 54 bit.Leonard

Hi,If the Start Center says that the Level-D 767 is *not* detected, it means one of two things:1. You don't have the Level-D 767 aircraft installed.Or:2. You have a common FS9/FSX Registry problem. Just run this free tool from Flight1:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeBest,

Guest Lenard

Thanks Bryan for your prompt reply.I have never had fs9 on this computer, and the registry has been cleaned several times..My problem is (Besides my 80+ years)is that I have no idea which folder the program has to be installed in.I have FSX installed on a separate hard drive....do I have to install it in the fsx Config??or the Level D panel folder.Leonard.

Thanks Bryan for your prompt reply.I have never had fs9 on this computer, and the registry has been cleaned several times..My problem is (Besides my 80+ years)is that I have no idea which folder the program has to be installed in.I have FSX installed on a separate hard drive....do I have to install it in the fsx Config??or the Level D panel folder.Leonard.
Hi Lenard,The FS2Crew installer should auto-detect the location of FSX. If the installer can't auto-detect FSX, it means you have a common Registry problem, and you need to fix it for things to work.Please run that FSX Registry Repair Tool from the link in my previous reply.Best,

Guest Lenard

Thanks Bryan..I am not sure whats wrong.....The registry fixer doesn't seem to work,it said it had added "MS Games FSX" to the registry,The Start center can't find Level D.even tho I tried installing it in the Level D folder....All the extra entries are in the Panel fig folder....still just get black windows,and there is no FS2 entry in the LVD import window.I don't usually have trouble installing programs,and don't understand why this one is so difficult.I have System Mechanic so it should repair the registry....I am still not sure which folder FS2 should be installed into,the default one,or FSX..thinking of giving up on it..Leonard

Thanks Bryan..I am not sure whats wrong.....The registry fixer doesn't seem to work,it said it had added "MS Games FSX" to the registry,The Start center can't find Level D.even tho I tried installing it in the Level D folder....All the extra entries are in the Panel fig folder....still just get black windows,and there is no FS2 entry in the LVD import window.I don't usually have trouble installing programs,and don't understand why this one is so difficult.I have System Mechanic so it should repair the registry....I am still not sure which folder FS2 should be installed into,the default one,or FSX..thinking of giving up on it..Leonard
Hi Lenard,As mentioned, FS2Crew goes into the root FSX folder.When you install FS2Crew, the installer should auto detect the location of FSX. You do not need to manually select an install location.Please email me via the Contact Page on the website and we can do a Remote Desktop if you still can't get it installed.Best,

Guest Lenard

Hi Bryan..I have finally managed to install it....Downloaded Revo Uninstaller and used that to uninstall and start from fresh...Still have to figure out how to work it.Should keep the old brain ticking over for bit...What does the Start center do as there is no mention of it in the manual...that I can see.Thanks for your advice and assistance...Leonard.

Hi Bryan..I have finally managed to install it....Downloaded Revo Uninstaller and used that to uninstall and start from fresh...Still have to figure out how to work it.Should keep the old brain ticking over for bit...What does the Start center do as there is no mention of it in the manual...that I can see.Thanks for your advice and assistance...Leonard.
Hi Lenard,It depends on the version, but generally speaking you don't really need the Start Center.You'd only really need to use it if you want to revert to the original, non-FS2Crew modified panel.cfg.But if everything is working for you now (be sure to read the tutorial flight and follow it to the letter!) you generally don't need the Start Center.Cheers,

I am getting the message that FS2Crew is not detecting Level-D 767. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have done the Reg Check, run CCleaner, deleted fsx.cfg file, changed the compatibility. Is there somthingelse that I can try to fix this. Thanks

HI Lenard,Computers can be such fustrating things! :( The install should be a straight forward procedure. Both the Level-D programme and the FS2Crew programme are installed to the main FS9/FSX directory, its normally a very straight forward procedure. Just double check that you have not got an anti-virus programme running or Windows Firewall on a high setting as this can interfere with installing the Level-D a/c.Take up Bryans offer of a Remote Desktop and he will have it working for you in no time at all! :( Regards Dave

Heliflyer,Please run the Registry repair tool from Flight1, found on this page:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryThen try again.That'll probably solve your issue.Also run everything as an Admin (if you're not in an Admin account). Disabling UAC can help too.Only other thing that could this issue is if you don't have the Level-D 767 aircraft installed.Best,