Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Boeing or Airbus?

This post is for real life pilots. Do you prefer to fly Boeing aircraft or Airbus aircraft. Is one easier than the other? etc..

I'm not a real life pilots,but I think most can agree when one says Airbus with its top notch automatics is easier to fly

Guest joea

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! Not again, anyway, I would think despite the differences if you can fly one you can learn the other. One thing that sidestick in Airbus is a good thing especially since you can look at charts eat your lunch etc.

Guest Dominik Mann

Got to agree with joea...PLEASE don't start another corporate bashing thread based on half-baked and unverified rumours!

"Both Boeing & Airbus produce excellent aircraft"boeing produces excellent aircraft?:-roll just kidding,just kidding

Come on..! He asked for pilots of both aircraft's opinions, if you don't have any REAL input just post your opinion into another Airbus VS Boeing thread..

New Boeings have that nice automatic "everything" feeling, while the older ones make you work for your money.Airbus have a very clean looking flight deck, along with a VERY nice food tray/work table in front of you. The side stick is diferent form the standard yoke tho.But hey the C-17 has a stick so its like a Birbus hehe.my 2 cents Both great designs, and both deserve the proper respect.http://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest Scott Campbell

Piper and Gulfstream all the way.

Lets keep this thread on the right track. I don't wan't your opinions if they don't answer my simple question. All I wanted to know was wether REAL AIRLINE PILOTS liked flying boeing aircraft or Airbus aircraft? Is one easier to fly than the other etc... That's all I'm trying to find out. So for all of you who are posting frivolous messages you're wasting your time. So as Prince said go somewhere else. This is for real pilots only. Thank You!

one thing to add:I don't think there are much pilots that fly both Boeing and Airbus together

Although I am European, I consider myself a Boeing man all the way.Worked on B707, B720, B727, B737, B747-100/300 & SP in maintenance. Then flew as F/E on B727. Later as pilot on B737. Now I fly as a pilot on a Super27. Would love to get my hands on a BBJ, B757/767 or a B777.

Guest joea

Well let me repeat, I don't think modern Boeings (777, 767-400, 737NG) are more/less diffucult than Airbus just different. I'm sorry I'm not a real pilot, but as I've read up on the real thing they seem pretty similar to me. Older Boeings and the A300 could be different. I think someone said not too many pilots fly both, though some airlines have switched to Airbus for example so their pilots would have had to transition, a suggestion, you should have titled this thread "Easier Airliners" or something like that.

Guest Lizardo

.(I would have said Curtiss, if they hadn't all crashed.) :-) (the Nash Rambler of aircraft :-))