Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

FSX default mission(s) problem

OK this is a strange one to me. I don't fly the missions much. Today I decided to try the Avalanche Rescue Mission in FSX using the EH-101. Loaded, ran, got part way thru and crashed. Reloaded and repeat. A while later I went back to the mission and started it agaion - starteg moving right along and the EH 101 engines shut down - crash. Tried several different things, reload FSX, reboot system, load a default flight and then switch to mission -= same reslt - mission starts and a few seconds after takeoff - engine dies.Tried a different mission using thed EH-101 - same thing - a feew seconds after take off - engine dies - crash.Any thoughts on this?THanx,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Same problem with the Robinson after landing on the first helipad in mission 10. Sometimes the engine stays on to complete the rest of the mission, but usually doesn't and even when I can still takeoff and fly again the sound doesn't sync with the amount of throttle applied thereby making flying very difficult.  Can't replicate the engine failure scenario, but it has nothing to do with accurately landing on the pad (the times it stayed running I missed the pad!). Tried to restart; the engine turned over but didn't start. None of the other buttons on my CH Fighterstick had any effect (prop RPM, mixture, even tried the up trim button to see if there was some kind of crossover from the fixed wing control setup to helicopters) nor did pushing any buttons in the virtual cockpit make any difference in correcting the problem either, although I could get the engine to briefly, compared to Ctrl E, turn over. The previous helicopter mission worked fine; the engine problem seems to happen only when the mission requires that I land and then takeoff at which point the engine fails. I do not have this problem with any fixed wing aircraft that I've flown. I know this is an old topic, but any input would be appreciated.

Edited by jrwilson229
Added info, typo edit

@vgbaron

Hi vgbaron, (Vic)

Just a thought, are you by chance using, or have replaced the FSX default EH-101 with the modified Agusta Westland EH101 v2 FSX & P3D by David Robles. I think there was a note on the download page about the necessity to have fuel in all 3 tanks or the engines will not start or remain running.

Cheers Jethro

Got me :blush: Ooops sorry Vic, didn't mean to respond to such an old post (Dec 2010). I guess you have it sorted by now though. ha ha!! Should have looked at the date of your OP. Can't believe I fell for a new post on an old old topic. 

ROFL!  No problem - it is easy to do! Haven't flown FSX in years.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't do chopper flights but I know in some of the airplane flights there are programmed engine failures that happen and you have to figure out what to do in that case to save yourself, you sure its nothing like that going on?