Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Latest TWA800

Guest mikehaska

Braun,Could you post a list of the arguments you support? I want to understand your side of the story, but I don't have time to read all the articles you are posting. Do you have anything like that?Thanks :-)

My take is basically the TWA800 investigation and the subsequent finding of cause is a fallacy. I don't know the answer, but many, MANY aviation professionals and observers believe the answer is other than the "official" one concerning the fuel tank.My personal belief is that a missile took down TWA800.For better insight and to form your own opinionhttp://twa800.comhttp://www.flight800.orgBest,bt

honestly, TWA 800 was brought down by the A/C short. plain and simple. No missle was fired and no jet. Just a matter of coinsidence (sp?) that they happened to be in the water that day.There is STRONG evidence to support the fuel tank explosion, and none to support the missle.thats my take on ithttp://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Correct. The only people who support the shootdown theory are those who want to discredit the investigators and the US military for personal gain (most likely multi billion USD liability lawsuits).It's no different from the vultures sueing Boeing for making aircraft after their products were used to take out the WTC on 11 Sept. 2001.

And, do you have independent confirmation from someone who does NOT want to keep the conspiracy theories alive?Or something from the NTSB or FAA directly maybe?You've tried many times before, maybe your account should be deleted for posting too much flamebait...

Guest mikehaska

"There is STRONG evidence to support the fuel tank explosion, and none to support the missle."This reminds me of one of my favorite Simpsons quotes, by Lionel Hutz, attorney-at-law. "We have plenty of conjecture and heresay. Those are kinds of evidence" :-lolBraun, I found those websites were very disorganized and amateurish. Are they seriously trying to convince me they have a point, or are they just spewing random conspiracy-theories as they feel like it?You may have noticed that most of your posts get no replys and very few views. Maybe you should take notice and cut down on your "updates"

I heard on the radio the other day that a respected Japanese Accident Investigator has fielded the theroy that TWA 800 could very well have been hit by a meteorite that punched straight through the main fuel tank. It was figured that given the aircraft density in today's skies that the chances of a plane being hit by a meteor are once every thirty years. Improbable but not impossible.Skully

Guest B1900 Mech

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson. Its ovbious none of you are in the real airline world, because among pilots and mechanics, this fuel tank therory is the longest standing joke in the industry! It's also obvious you have never read all of the reports,Just like the warren report, you can use the govnerments infomation to shoot down its own position!

There is NO evidence to promote the fuel tank theory that I can see. Even Boeing disagreed with that finding. Even the GOVERNMENT says it cannot explain HOW it happened, just that it did.What do you base this little bit of "insight" on?Best,bt

>You've tried many times before, maybe your account should be deleted for posting too much flamebait... Maybe you should get a life?Do I know the cause of TW800's crash? No, nor do you, nor does anyone.With all due respect Jerome, what credentials do you carry that allow you to come to this "enlightened" state of awareness.Are you a Pilot? I am (answer yes or no)Are you an Air Traffic Controller? I am (yes or no)Have you ever been involved in an NTSB investigation? I have. (yes or no)Perhaps your account should be deleted for typing before you think...Cheers,bt

Did you read anything? Did you digest? Did you investigate? If not, your comments to me mean as little as my updates apparently do to you.Just "what" about the two sites in question:www.flight800.orgwww.twa800.comDo you find amaturish? I'm sure you've done much more..."professional" work?You may have noticed that I'm not posting these topics for replys, only to keep the topic in front of aviators...by the way, are you an aviator? Are you even or have been involved in the aviation world excluding flight simulator?Best,bt

Correct, that theory was put forward some time ago.It was subsequently taken as a possible cause by everyone except the conspiracy theorists who discredit it "because the meteor was never found". HELLO, your missile was never found either and neither was any ship or other potential launchplatform!The meteor theory is to me the most plausible. A small meteorite (say a centimeter across on impact) would pack enough punch to cause the fueltank to fail and the fuel in it to ignite (much more than needed probably, certainly more than an electrical spark) yet would not leave a hole large enough to be spotted in the wreckage. A detonating missile on the other hand would leave telltale traces behind.The 30 year average sound about right too, might even be a bit conservative (or maybe he took only meteorites large enough to cause this type of accidents and not smaller ones that won't penetrate aircraft skin).

Guest mikehaska

Braun- I waited overnight before making my response to you. Your disrespectful comments to me and other members of this community truly angered me, and I didn't want to make a fool of myself by saying something stupid (hint, hint).First and foremost, I am entitled to my opinion. Jerome is entitled to his opinion. Gary is entitled to his opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. Because of that, we all have a responsibility to respect those opinions. We don't need to agree with them, but we do have to allow each to have his own opinion. The manner in which you have attacked several people on this post is shocking. You are entitled to defend your opinion and explain it to others, what you are not entitled to do is to belittle and personally attack others for their opinons, as you did.I stated I found the websites "amateurish." You then decided to attack me for not knowing websites, and asking if I could do better. I have been designing webpages since I was in grade 7, using Notepad to make basic HTML for text based browsers. Since then, I have continued to learn about webdesign, to the point where I am now experienced in Java, Perl and CGI, Flash (and more recently Director), and am venturing into ASP. I am also an experienced graphics designer, and work for the marketing department at GE. I know an amateurish website when I see it.I don't know if you have secondary schooling, but at University, we are taught that internet pages are a danger-zone for reference purposes. Unlike being published in a journal or trade magazine, or even publishing a thesis, internet sites have no 1) peer review or 2) regulatory methods. What this means is that I or anyone else can post a website saying whatever and not proving it. Therefore, I take all "websites spouting the truth" with a huge grain of salt. So should you.But back to the point. Welcome to the Avsim Community. It's a place to share ideas and discuss topics. It's not a place for you to post an idea, and then ruthlessly attack anyone who dares disagree with it. I don't like your theories, Jerome doesn't, and neither does Gary. Does that mean you are welcome to sit behind the safety of your computer screen, rudely retorting to everyone? No. If you feel that this is a place where you can can, maybe you shouldn't let the door hit you on the way out.