Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Latest TWA800

Guest SoarPics

Thirty years from now this debate will still be raging.Before I continue I should point out that what I "know" about the loss of TWA800 is what has been dished out in the press (junk). So I'll not stand behind particular conclusion.What bothers me about the missile theory, and an issue I've not seen addressed anywhere, is the logistics of a conspiracy. The missile theory has it's foundation in the development and prolongation of a complicated conspiracy. This is not easy. There would have to be dozens, if not scores, of witnesses aboard the launching Navy ship who would know about the mistake. How come none of them has come forth? Clearly, there would be great noteriety and financial gain for the witness who could provide proof. Yet not one conspirator has come forward. A conspiracy is a very fragile thing (just ask Bill Clinton), and at some point in time is destined to fail. A successful conspiracy requires that all participants be liars, manipulators, and emotionally dishonest by nature. Is everybody who was aboard the suspect vessel of such low moral value?It takes only one person of conscience to topple a conspiracy. I simply find it hard to believe this hasn't happened yet.Just my $.02 worth,

Mike...surely you must be joking, "...then ruthlessly attack anyone who dares disagree with it"My comments were directed to yours, not you. If you can

The problem here is that too many people believe everything that they're told. I've said it before, and I'm sure that I will have cause to say it again.My personal opinion is that a missile destroyed TWA800. If it was fuel vapour igniting in the centre fuel tank, then why hasn't anything been done about it ? Why haven't all Boeing 747's been grounded until this (obviously serious) problem has been corrected ? Yes, I know what you're all thinking. There are hundreds of 747's flying all over the world, and grounding them all would seriously affect the airline industry. Right, so flight safety doesn't matter then. I'm glad that we've got that one out of the way.Or maybe it has something to do with the possibility that the centre fuel tank had nothing to do with the tragedy. After all, why ground a plane when there is nothing wrong with it ? Why seek the statements of multiple witnesses to the event when you already "know" what happened ?Come on guys, let's have a bit more of an open mind.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest mikehaska

SoarPics- you said exactly what I was going to. Right on!Braun- I think it's time to turn off the computer, open that door, and get out in the real world. I am honestly concerned for you when all your time is consumed by this theory. It is not healthy for someone to be so utterly obsessed with it.Please, for the love of god, don't respond to this post any more, and come out into society with the rest of us. I know it will be scary to turn off that computer, and to interact with living humans, but it's worth the effort.If you choose to pursue this topic to the death, however, happy trails to you. I'll just have to join the 100's of others who simply ignore your posts.Good day, sir.

>"My personal opinion is that a missile destroyed TWA800. If >it was fuel vapour igniting in the centre fuel tank, then >why hasn't anything been done about it"Search the FAA website for AD 99-03-04

My evidence is simply this, There are no signs of an explosion from the outside of the airframe. The explosion is centered on the Number 1 center fuel tank exploding OUTWARD. The evidence leads to this theory.Now te missle what do you have? A few people saw what looked like a missle streaming into the sky? NOT people also see Elvis in Memphis but we all know its a lie.Thats my theory...I can debate all day about it lolhttp://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest Dee Waldron

Actually more than 2 cents IMHO. That is exactly what has bothered me about the missle theory (to the point that I personally discount it). The gover't just can't keep that kind of SNAFU under wraps. They never have been. They're is a big difference BTW between keeping legit military secerts (i.e.: Manhatten Project) and trying to maintain a coverup.Good comments from SoarPics. :)Dee WaldronHistoric Jetliners Group(Retired A&P Mechanic, IA and pilot)

This thread is heading south real quick. So, I am going to lock it and leave it at that. But before I do, I have my own thoughts on the subject, and because I can, I will have the last word. :)Braun, I am responsible for a world of stuff that you cannot even begin to imagine when it comes to things like infrared, remote detection, ad nauseam. Trust me on this one.... Were TWA800 to have been blown out of the air by a Stinger or similar weapon, the whole world would have known about it the day after. Having also worked on the survey of debris fields associated with KAL007, the two Air India incidents, Challenger, Titanic, and a whole host of other incidents too small to have escaped most folk's notice, I can tell you with 100% confidence that a debris field and its "spread" provides absolutely no bearing on what happened thousands of feet above.Having my fundamental technical education in radars, and knowing what I do about anomolies, ghosts (false echos), multipath, bending and a whole host of other factors that effect radar performance, I can also say that it is not the definitive 'last' source for accurate data.Finally, eye-witnesses are notoriously inaccurate. Ask any police officer. Could I be wrong? Sure. And let's leave it at that.