Sign in to follow this  
Avirtualpilot

How to solve phantom button press on Saitek Yoke

Hi to everyone, I've made a search about this theme, but I didn't find anything.I've the Saitek Yoke + throttle quadrant but everytime i start a flight, after taking off, i've to disable every assignment to the yoke, because sometimes gears go dawn, autopilot disconnets, flaps come out ecc.!!!I've read somwhere there's a solution to solve this phantom press button.My question is: How to solve???Thanks

Edoardo Paulicelli

fsxnz1yr0.jpg

My fsx runs on: CPU:Corei7950@4.1Ghz (196*21) Mobo:Asus P6tDeluxeV2 RAM:Corsair 12Gb Video:Nvidia 580 GTX HDD:2 WD 130Gb + 1 Seagate barracuda 500Gb

The Saitek drivers have nothing to do with it, its a fault in the firmware of the joke according to Saitek themselves, nearly every one of the first several thousand Yokes manufactured had the same problem.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi to everyone, I've made a search about this theme, but I didn't find anything.I've the Saitek Yoke + throttle quadrant but everytime i start a flight, after taking off, i've to disable every assignment to the yoke, because sometimes gears go dawn, autopilot disconnets, flaps come out ecc.!!!I've read somwhere there's a solution to solve this phantom press button.My question is: How to solve???Thanks
Hello Avirtualpilot!!I have tha same Yoke and and a same problem, but i find a solution in my case. The only thing to do is change the MODE from 1 to 3 in the Yoke with the the wheel is behind the red button / B1/B2 Control.Please test and comment.Best Regards from Argentina

In your main fsx folder back up file standard.xml. Start fsx and clear out all the button assignments (normal and slew), at least those you don't want. Exit fsx and copy the file standard.xml that is in your user appdata (in the "controls" subfolder where your fsx.cfg is located) back into your main fsx folder. That should stop getting the button assignments reset all the time, though there might still be problems if you change usb ports.scott s..

That doesn't stop the yoke being faulty though Scott, what's the point of having a load of buttons if you can't assign anything to them. Send the yoke back to your retailer IT IS A KNOWN FAULT and will be repaired/replaced under warranty.

Cheers, Andy.

The Saitek drivers have nothing to do with it, its a fault in the firmware of the joke according to Saitek themselves, nearly every one of the first several thousand Yokes manufactured had the same problem.
uninstalling the drivers fixed it for me...

Take a look at the thread below if you don't believe me, it's a hardware fault in some of the first batches manufactured and it was confirmed by Saitek themselves before Mad Cats took over the company. I should know I was one of the first people to document the problem in other threads at that forum and I returned my yoke for a refund rather than a replacement. http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=13941

Cheers, Andy.

Take a look at the thread below if you don't believe me, it's a hardware fault in some of the first batches manufactured and it was confirmed by Saitek themselves before Mad Cats took over the company. I should know I was one of the first people to document the problem in other threads at that forum and I returned my yoke for a refund rather than a replacement. http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=13941
OK but that was a couple years ago and IIRC the fix was a firmware change, so I'm surprised it is happening just now (though I suppose OP might have picked up a used yoke or something). Regardless, if you try to assign FS commands to the 3-position mode switch (or if FSX detects your yoke as a new controller, it will by default assign commands to the mode switch) that will cause you phantom commands, or at least unusual operation, as 1 of the 3 "buttons" that make up the mode switch is always reported as "pressed", at least if you don't run a SST profile. For my part I've found using stock windows drivers in both xp and 7 work best and use pay version fsuipc to assign the buttons.scott s..