Sign in to follow this  
msduran

Throttle quadrant buttons and engine events

Recently, I purchased a throttle quadrant. It has 3 rocket buttons so I can map up to 6 actions to them.I am particularly interessed on engine actions.How could I map the buttons to events such as...1. Start left/right engine (overhead buttons).2. Stop left/right engine (overhead buttons).3. Push latch relase left/right buttons (center pedestal).4. Unfeather left/right propeller (center pedestal).I know FS2crew voice commander can trigger such events during cold and dark setup, so I suppose these events can be triggered without mouse clicks...I own a registered version of FSUIPC, if that matters.Thanks,M. Duran.

Hi M DuranIf you are using a registered version of FSUIPC then you may want to look into using FSUIPC’s LUA commands to get some of the functions you want to assign, there is an excellent post and sample LUA files regarding the PMDG J41 and the use of FSUIPC’s LUA function on the Pete Dowson support site that was created by Guenaeli, who is also a forum member here, the actual post is at the following…http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63150-pmdg-j41-commands-upd-5th-aug-2010/You may not find exactly what you are after, but it should give you a good starting point.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson

Hi M DuranIf you are using a registered version of FSUIPC then you may want to look into using FSUIPC’s LUA commands to get some of the functions you want to assign, there is an excellent post and sample LUA files regarding the PMDG J41 and the use of FSUIPC’s LUA function on the Pete Dowson support site that was created by Guenaeli, who is also a forum member here, the actual post is at the following…http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63150-pmdg-j41-commands-upd-5th-aug-2010/You may not find exactly what you are after, but it should give you a good starting point.I hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim.Thanks for the advice. I've read a bit about LUA plugins and now I'm sure I'll be able to assign the events I need to specific buttons on my throttle quadrant.By the way, for those who want to expand their hobby with new hardware, LUA+FSUIPC is a very interesting way to make a "generic" piece of hardware work in different ways according to the aircraft you're flying. If you have time and patience, I recommend the following link...http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63146-tutorial-how-to-get-lua-vars-or-commands-out-of-fs/M. Duran.