Sign in to follow this  
medieval666

CTD's! Why? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Hi out there,i'm not sure if this problem is somewhere on here, honestly, i'm just tired of searching for an answer and not getting any. So i hope some of you might have an idea. After reinstalling my whole system about 5 months ago, i decided to put FS back onto my computer. Know that i have all the newest of drivers on, before you ask. After installing the game itself, i installed PMDG 747, some aerosoft add ons, like Mega Airport Frankfurt, Ultimate Traffic, A340/330, and some misc's found on avsim, all of which had been used together without any trouble in the past. Now, i installed The very Singapore Scenery from samsoft, found a Rio Scenery at another known simsite, and installed it. Problem is, everytime, i approach WSSS, SBGL, or even other major airports, within sight of runway, the game crashes to desktop. Sometimes even right before touchdown. It did happen at Frankfurt as well, BEFORE i've had installed Singapore and Rio, so i don't see a connection to these both sceneries. It happend at Fraport while taxiing into the gate, and only twice. But in Rio and Singapore it happens almost everytime, especially at WSSS on final. I use to fly the PMDG QotS, but it ctd with Baron 58 or King Air as well, and only at the Singapore Main Airport. I've also tried a fresh installation of the game, no success tho. After looking in some forums i wanted to upgrade FS to 9.1, which i never did before and it worked just fine. But during install i was told that the ATC.dll is missing, installation can't be continued. Dont't know what that is, ATC.dll was found by myself within the modules folder. Might that be a problem? Or something with FSUIPC? I'm out of ideas to be honest.My Sys specs are:AMD 64 3500+ 2,21 Ghz, ATI Radeon 4770 512mb2Gb of RAMSo please, if somebody has any idea about what is causing this, i'd be very pleased. Greetings, Tom

There may be soooo many reasons for CTDS, OOMs and programme terminations.Three things though, after reading your description:1. It is almost essential to have FS9.1 installed but it should be done on a completely fresh FS9 install (remove everything left, including the FS9.cfg)2. Check your AI. Traffic files, especially their corrupt textures may often lead to CTDs. Try approaching WSSS or SBGL with 0% traffic.3. As for FSUIPC: do you have the registered version? It should not cause any CTDS to be honest.Plus: Have you applied the 3GB switch maybe?And: Are your CTD's real (immediate) CTDs or rather you get an error message. If so, what does it say?

UHHHM, thanks for some ideas. How may i find out IF my FSUIPC is registered? I mean, i did'nt install it after i installed the game. I did not install FSUIPC at all, in fact i never did, since i thought it originally comes with the game. Does it not? I'm gettin confused more n more. About the traffic, well, i've tried it with Singapore even before i installed Ultimate Traffic. So only default Airlines were to see there, but it actually had the same effect. CTD. What about that 3GB switch? What exactly is it? The CTD's, well, Monitor goes black, sound will stay on for like 3 to 5 seconds, then the Windows Error box pops up, you know, the grey/white one with send error message´on the bottomline. It says a lot to be honest, but in general, FS9.exe has discovered an error and has to be closed. Hope i got that message right from german into english.Let me please know if i messed up with the FSUIPC somehow. Thanks

Tom!FSUIPC is NOT part of FS2004.Get it for free here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and install it.Then, if you want to register it (highly recommended!), buy your registration: http://secure.simmar...n-fsuipc3.phtmlIt is not essential to run FS9 fine but many addons use it (so definitely get the free version) and additionally the registered version offers a lot of great options to make your simming better.To be honest, however, I don't think FSUIPC is responsible for your problems.

Ok, thanks for this at the moment. Not sure about registering it, 23 bugs, i mean, back then i've paid 70€ for FS itself. Uhm, i'll might try during the next few days, maybe do a new install of everything, plus 9.1, and FSUIPC, and check for it again. As soon as i do have news, either good or bad, i'll let ya know, till then, thanks again, speak soon.

Hi out there,i'm not sure if this problem is somewhere on here, honestly, i'm just tired of searching for an answer and not getting any. So i hope some of you might have an idea. After reinstalling my whole system about 5 months ago, i decided to put FS back onto my computer. Know that i have all the newest of drivers on, before you ask. After installing the game itself, i installed PMDG 747, some aerosoft add ons, like Mega Airport Frankfurt, Ultimate Traffic, A340/330, and some misc's found on avsim, all of which had been used together without any trouble in the past. Now, i installed The very Singapore Scenery from samsoft, found a Rio Scenery at another known simsite, and installed it. Problem is, everytime, i approach WSSS, SBGL, or even other major airports, within sight of runway, the game crashes to desktop. Sometimes even right before touchdown. It did happen at Frankfurt as well, BEFORE i've had installed Singapore and Rio, so i don't see a connection to these both sceneries. It happend at Fraport while taxiing into the gate, and only twice. But in Rio and Singapore it happens almost everytime, especially at WSSS on final. I use to fly the PMDG QotS, but it ctd with Baron 58 or King Air as well, and only at the Singapore Main Airport. I've also tried a fresh installation of the game, no success tho. After looking in some forums i wanted to upgrade FS to 9.1, which i never did before and it worked just fine. But during install i was told that the ATC.dll is missing, installation can't be continued. Dont't know what that is, ATC.dll was found by myself within the modules folder. Might that be a problem? Or something with FSUIPC? I'm out of ideas to be honest.My Sys specs are:AMD 64 3500+ 2,21 Ghz, ATI Radeon 4770 512mb2Gb of RAMSo please, if somebody has any idea about what is causing this, i'd be very pleased. Greetings, Tom
Hi TomOne thing worth checking is for conflicting / duplicate AFCAD files for these or for nearby airports, which can be a cause of recurrent CTDs. It is what I usually first check and frequently, if there are duplicate AFCADs, removing / renaming the conflicting one can solve the problem.Regards,Bill

I'm pretty sure its an OOM issue.I actually had the same exact problem recently, right after I installed Mega Airports Munich. As soon as I would arrive at EDDM, and start to taxi I'd see all the AI planes go gray, then a few secondslater CTD. I'd been avoiding it by closing other apps so there's more memory available when I arriveinto EDDM. It seems to have avoided the issue for me, for now anyways.Not sure if its an issue with the scenery, or Win7, or maybe combination of AI traffic and theselarge Mega scenery's.See this thread as well, similar issue.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295767-regular-out-of-memory-errors-on-approach-to-add-ons/Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

If the CTD happens only when you are flying PMDG, then try a flight with the TCAS off. If no CTD happens, then it is the TCAS.dll. Just reinstall PMDG again.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi TomOne thing worth checking is for conflicting / duplicate AFCAD files for these or for nearby airports, which can be a cause of recurrent CTDs. It is what I usually first check and frequently, if there are duplicate AFCADs, removing / renaming the conflicting one can solve the problem.Regards,Bill
I was thinking the same thing because the poster said he has Ultimate Traffic installed. I remember when using that program for FS9 it installed a few hundred AFCADs to make more parking available for all the AI.Then the poster installed some new sceneries and probably never removed the Ultimate Traffic AFCADs and is getting the crashes.Something to think about or try would be to remove the Ultimate Traffic AFCADs that correspond to the after market sceneries that are installed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The CTD's, well, Monitor goes black, sound will stay on for like 3 to 5 seconds, then the Windows Error box pops up, you know, the grey/white one with send error message´on the bottomline. It says a lot to be honest, but in general, FS9.exe has discovered an error and has to be closed. Hope i got that message right from german into english.
Yes indeed, it does tell you a lot. It usually tells you what DLL it attributes the cause to, and that will point you in the right direction as to where your problems lie. Without that info, one can only guess . . .See my web site at http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php if you are not sure how to find that info.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I actually had the same exact problem recently, right after I installed Mega Airports Munich
Don't worry too much, Ernie. The problem is known and an additional set of replacement textures for MA Munich is being tested now. Should be out these days.

Hey guys,thanks for all your support. I'm about to get a totally fresh install of everything done. See if it'll work.@Bill, thought about that too in first place, but i've never checked on duplicat AFCAD's before and did'nt had trouble, but still worth a try. Gonna check on that when everything is on.@Ernie: I was reading about a lack of Ram before, that this might would cause Ctd's, but with 2GB of it, i really should be doing well. Beside of this, i don't have some stuff working in the backround, even Antivirus is off during gaming. Do have TrackIR, but use it only randomly. If i would know, what else i could turn off, i would do. Another thing that came into my mind: It's been around the same time, everytime i've approached WSSS, so maybe there was something with AFCADS for real, IF this has something to do with times.@Nam, thanks, could try, but also happened with other planes that are not equipped with TCAS.@John, thanks to you as well, if this does happen again, i'll pick them datas out of the errorbox and post them, i kinda don't get all these Numbers and Letters in there. But maybe somone else does. Regards Tom

GUYS,IT WORKS!!!!! RAFAL; THANKS FOR CALLING IT ESSENTIAL TO HAVE FS UPGRADED TO 9.1. ALSO THE FSUIPC SEEMS TO BE HELPFUL, I'VE NEVER SEEN THE GAME RUNNING THAT SMOOTH. I'VE TESTED IT NOW FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS WITH ALL KINDS OF SCENARIOS, DENSITY ON ALL 3 SLIDERS SET TO FULL, RAIN, SUNNY, SNOW, AS I SAID, SMOOTH AS NEVER BEFORE AND NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT MATES. REALLY HELPED ME TO ENJOY FLYING AGAIN.CHEERZ TOMim%20Not%20Worthy.gif