Sign in to follow this  
pooggyTas

tiles are downloaded from the begining again and again

hellofirst of all i would to express my appreciation to this project that gave me the will to keep be interested in flight simulation cause i feel more real witjh it.second...why everytime i fly the same path i flown before tileproxy downloads almost everything from the begining.i became aware that if i will fly a certain path and pause where there is a need ,then the tiles are already in my cache so the next time i will fly the same path then i will be able to enjoy flying fast with no need to wait to tiles to download............. but it is not what happens.it is especilally important cause i fly now VFR and so i need to see the terrain.thanks.

why everytime i fly the same path i flown before tileproxy downloads almost everything from the begining.
a couple quick questions for you...1. Is the .ini set to store the tiles?#logfile="C:\logfile.txt"diskless_mode=Off <<---- diskless "on" would mean do NOT save jpg imagesoffline_mode=No2. Is there an actual folder to match your active detail section?[service3]cache_folder=I:\cacheNP <<-- if you don't define one or it doesn't exist, no jpg will be saved.use Windows folder properties feature or Windows Explorer to see if the number of files in your cache is growing as you fly.I accidently failed to enable a cache folder a short while back and didn't even notice until later because TP apparently held the imagery in memory long enough to make the visible scenery but did not cache it.3. Are you looking at the ovals filling in the DOS console window and assuming that means downloding?Only the "loading" text lines at the bottom indicate actual downloading of tiles. The ovals indicate (so to speak) scenery processed and ready for the sim. You can see the actual presence or absense of JPGs by using the "map" feature that is 'off' by default in the ini. Or you can use the cache browser feature and actually display tilage based on how old files are. Of course, you can do the same with Windows search feature - they just won't be arranged conveniently on a world map.Loyd

thank you for the reply .as for your first suggestion,i checked it and it is ok.and as for your second ... it is also ook.as for you third...then i actually when i look at the cache folder after flying a certain path ,it seems that it grows in memory.so it does cache it as ti seems.but i looked at the ovals as you said and i think i finally got the grasp of it.if i'm not mistaken - and i'm using fs9 - the upper five ovals and the sixth one that is beneath the first oval from the left are the level of details rings.so when i fly the upper five ovals are most of the time are full which mean with asterisks.but the one that is beneath which i believe is the 13'th level of detail is not full and so probably this is the reason why i have to halt until some astriskes fill it.My question is if i fly the path pausing when needed ,and so i assume that that path is chached ,then why when i fly the same path again the oval of the highest level of details takes time to fill...if the tiles are already in the chache?another thing is when the sim starts to load the scenery in the begining there is a line in tile proxy window that says :porxy user : individual tile accesses xxx , yyy per secondso in the begining the value of 'yyy' is zero ( probably cause it loads tile cached ) or hundreds per second when the higher details oval are filled.but when i fly the value yyy is 12 - 24 so maybe it is too slow to load it from the chach???????maybe a stronger computer will make it better.update : i made another flight and i think it is what mostly called blurries :(

Edited by pooggyTas

if i'm not mistaken - and i'm using fs9 - the upper five ovals and the sixth one that is beneath the first oval from the left are the level of details rings.so when i fly the upper five ovals are most of the time are full which mean with asterisks.but the one that is beneath which i believe is the 13'th level of detail is not full and so probably this is the reason why i have to halt until some astriskes fill it.
With FS9, the resolution limit is 4.8m (5m), and this is LOD13 and the 6th ring in the DOS window as you described.Your .ini settings should reflect thislod_max=13 !! but ONLY if there is 5m resolution images available.It is helpful to preview the area in a web browser and see if there is actually 5m imagery available.TileProxy will make 5m scenery using only 10m or 20m imagery, but it does take more processing and will not show any additional detail.
My question is if i fly the path pausing when needed ,and so i assume that that path is chached ,then why when i fly the same path again the oval of the highest level of details takes time to fill...if the tiles are already in the chache?
A scenery tile actually contains almost EVERY level of imagery. Only the low resolution portion is used for the remote scenery but the closest scenery must use the higher resolution and EACH resolution layer is approximately 4 times more data than the previous. More to process so it takes more time. This is less noticeable with high-end CPUs but with with only 1 or 2 cores and less than 3GHz speed the slowdown becomes more obvious. I tend to use short or medium range when initially making imagery and lower most other settings as well (to reduce CPU work) and only raise settings back up when I've covered the area reasonably well.You may want to download some completed scenery of a similar type and see how well your system displays it. If it doesn't run very smoothly, then TileProxy scenery won't run as well. There is some good freeware scenery at www.blueskyscenery.com
another thing is when the sim starts to load the scenery in the begining there is a line in tile proxy window that says :porxy user : individual tile accesses xxx , yyy per secondso in the begining the value of 'yyy' is zero ( probably cause it loads tile cached ) or hundreds per second when the higher details oval are filled. But when i fly the value yyy is 12 - 24 so maybe it is too slow to load it from the chache? maybe a stronger computer will make it better.
A better computer ALWAYS helps. But also using defragger on system gets all the stored date together. If you have more than 1 hard drive, placing Tileproxy or the scenery cache on another drive also helps. When OS, FS, Tileproxy, and scenery caches are all on the same drive, it must do a lot of jumping around to get to all the files needed scattered all over the drive.What OS? XP, Vista or Win7 - 32bit or 64bit? I also try to run with unnecessary services disabled.I have never gotten TP to work on FS9 (everything is water) but I still have FSX(sp1) on XP(32) while I migrate to FSX Acceleration on Win7 (64)
update : i made another flight and i think it is what mostly called blurries :(
I do not mind taking the time to compare my view to yours if you tell me a route you are flying and what service is used.Loyd

thanks alot for you detailed answer.i'm planning to buy a new computer specially for flying simulator like fsx, so i hope it will bring the improvement.i hope also that by the time i will gain more understand in tileProxy and understanding it well.i also checked defragmentation and it is ok.and i'm flying a route which is not in usa .thanks again.