Sign in to follow this  
MD83

POLL: who has deleted FS2002 after using FS9?

Guest jmagyar

Deleted, reformated the drive, twice even, installed FS9, defraged...and keep on defragging once a week. All these things I keep adding really butcher up the drive. I get 8-15% fragmented weekly :)

Guest juz69

Have deleted the bits that cannot be imported or are not needed for fs9, but have gauge, aircraft, sounds, add-on scenery, those sorts of folders still there and bringing in aircraft from there. The only ones that have not made it across are the ones related to dreamfleet. The 737 panel I have not tried yet in fs9, although the sounds work great, can be dropped straight in, although the default 737 sounds aren't too bad in fs9. Fs2002 is back in the box and a relative with a P.O.S. computer will inherit fs2002 and will not be disappointed. Just wish it was easier to bring fs2002 panels into fs9 a little easier! And FSUIPC would add in the ability to fix the autopilot increment issue into the freeware version. I am not griping, it is just one thing microsoft should have added into FS9 in the first place as a part of the package.Justin

Guest daveg4otu

Got them both here and use them both still.Both run fine - no problems with FS9 except that I don't like the GPS(big- ugly and not so clear to read as FS2k2) and ,when flying online , the other traffic doesn't always show up.I believe this is a SB/FSUIPC problem that may be fixed when the later version of SB arrives on the scene.I'll keep FS2k2 for now as I have it all set up for aircraft carrier- operations,but otherwise I'm using FS9 all the time.Dave

Guest cbrandall

No good old fs2002 will stay on my pc for a while yet........I have a pent 2.4, 512 ram and a 128 meg video card, I have tried my best to Improve frame rates In fs9 and still not satisfied, I find the stuttering real annoying when I am banking ( ok If I use default aircraft..( thats If you can refer to them as aircraft ) but using add on aircraft I find really knocks the frame ratesI would like to be happy using fs9 but untill I find a decent fix ,( If ever) I will be using fs2002..............so smooth ( and great Frame Rates)Bryan

Guest jason2112

FS2002 is still installed on my system, but I did not start it even once since I got FS2004!VOlker :]

I've still got both.I mainly fly FS9 now, but FS8 will hang around until Dreamfleet gets off its duff and releases the cardinal for FS9 and things like Emma Field get ported. I've got other addons like the PSS 777 and A320 series that are not compatible with FS9. Same with the Dreamfleet 734.So..just taking a go slow approach to this. Soon as my addons catch up, I'll blow it away.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest LLgaz

FS2002? What's that? Never heard of it.Seriously though, I kept it for a short while, then once I got the 767PIC Frankenstein to work, I deleted it. I deleted it because I wasn't getting AA to work in DX9 and the 44.03 Nvidia drivers but everything was working properly in FS9. The thing about FS2002 is that I got my BEST performance using DX8.1 and 30.82 drivers. When DX9 came out, whenever I put it in, I got poor performance with FS2002 not to mention regular crashes to the desktop. So now with DX9, FS2002 is totally unflyable for me....I was only keeping it around to port aircraft over to FS9. Now, I have all the aircraft I need in FS9, I deleted FS2002.With most of the tweaks suggested on these forums, FS9 is working really well for me even with 100% ProjectAI AI. Can't see myself going back to FS2002.

gave my copy to someone at work, and am going to uninstall it.... now.

Guest Tommy_TJ

I deleted FS2002 and gave it away. No going back here even though FS2002 was an outstanding version... FS2004 runs very well and has too many new features to go back.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!I deliberately uninstalled FS2002 BEFORE installing FS2004, in order to save my undecisive self endless vacillating about which one is the best, which one to fly, which one to tweak to death... that kind of thing (grin)!Only days after having installed FS2004, with great satisfaction I gave my copy of FS2002 away to a neighbor of mine, who still was flying FS98. Coupla days ago I heard that he ordered a new computer, because his old one wasn't up to it. Yep, that's what flightsimming does to a person!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest aca_dia

"If you're having problems with the new weather engine affecting framerates, why not just turn the settings back to 2D clouds only?"I wish I could. On my machine it is impossible to get a solid ceiling with 2D clouds. The area the clouds cover is 100% of the surface, but you can see through the clouds when above them. I can also see runway lights ahead of me 10 miles out when I have the visibility set to 1/16 of a mile. Not so good. 2D Clouds = Light mist and Haze.

I still have both. I have been flying with FS9 for 4 solid weeks now and, just for comparison, I flew a FS2002 flight last night. In FS2002 I can max out every slide. I wanted to compare that with what I've got set up in FS9 (typical mid-level slider settings but 100% clouds).My fps in FS2002 were in the upper teens to low 20s where in FS9 I'm getting in the upper 20s. The scenery looks so much better in FS9 than FS2002 that it suprised me (much more realistic in FS9). The clouds in FS2002 are simply a joke when compared to FS9. The only negative I still have in FS9 is the slight pauses (stutters) caused by the weather engine (or FSUIPC or whatever) and they're only about 1-2 seconds long at their worst. I've decided now that I can live with the slight stutters knowing that the cause will soon be discovered by someone in this Forum or another and then FS9 will be absolutely perfect! I won't delect FS2002 until these stutters are gone but I doubt I'll fly it very much anymore. After all the tweeking and such I've finally got FS9 just where I need it -- at least until I can afford a new ATI9800Pro. :7

I must say that, now having read this thread again, I'm amazed at how many people have dumped FS2002 without a second thought. In time, yes, but ALREADY? There are so many add-ons that won't work in FS2004 yet (or ever), so many programs like Arrestor Cables that have now become payware but work beautifully as freeware in FS2002; and the bottom line is that FS2002 is just so flyable in comparison anyway.Moving from FS2000 to FS2002 was a no-brainer, it was so revolutionary. But FS2004 has many glitches not present in FS2002. Queer flight models, autogen all over runway thresholds, water running up mountains in default mesh, missing bits and pieces, not to mention somewhat Disneyesque colours. A glorious weather engine, yes, but so many people appear to have had to effectively disable it to get the sim to actually run as a flight simulator. Particularly with the well-documented autogen bug adding to landing problems.No, glorious new sim, but it's all smoke and mirrors; FS2002 is as solid as a rock for me. I'm just surprised when I read that people have dropped it so casually. Can you really live without your 767PIC, Dreamfleet 737 and others for so long?!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg