Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delta_747

The Ultimate Irony, and the state of the internet.

I was surfing the intra-web :-lol when I came upon this:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3ba88209535903.jpgSort of shows the state of the internet, I find it funny that I was forced to click okay, which took me to their web site. Pretty pathetic when a pop-up stopper has to resort to using the very thing they're stopping.I find it most annoying, however, when an ad manages to get around my blocker (which, for the most part does its job very well), and has no frame for me to just close it from there. Personally, I think this is the most insidious form of pop-up ever, and perhaps the most intrusive. The saddest part is that 90% of the pop-ups advertise spyware or just plain useless programs (like that Bonzi buddy thing). Very sad to see what the internet has come to...I remember the days when I would surf around on my 14.4 modem and never even see a banner, its sad tha those days hve gone.Just my two cents :)Scott

Nice example of the sad state the net is in indeed.Almost as bad as the spam from companies selling spamblockers...

I agree with you. I ememebr when I use to surf the internet to look for info or to download without being annoyed by ads. The ads I hate the most is the ones that appear without the bar at the top so that you can close them or the ones that (like you show) that you cannot click the close button. Sometimes it works if you just press Alt and F4 to close the pop-up but not always. Pop-up stoppers are a part of the internet connection now. I never connect without a stopper and a firewall and a virus scanner inthe background.Pathetinc! is what the internet experience has become.Ironic that those guys use the most annoying form of pop-up to get you to buy a pop-up stopper. I guess they are trying to get you mad at the pop-up so that you go and buy the pop-up stopper.Take careMike

Guest Delta_747

CNN.com had a story on pop-up blockers and pointed out some of the best ones. Well as soon as I loaded up the page a pop-up appears. CNN also advertises with banner ads in a weird way. There was an article on teddy bears, and sure enough there was an ad for a teddy bear at the CNN store. An article about teens and drinking featured a ad for champaign at the CNN store. How weird.I agree totally with you Scott.