Sign in to follow this  

Airbus X and mega airports: ILS won't work

I have some big problems with the Aerosoft Airbus X and the Aerosoft Mega-airports Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle: the ILS won't work. The ND simply doesn't show the deviation needle and I overshoot the ILS and get a big red autoland warning... This happened first at Heathrow 9L three times in a row and now it just happened at Charles de Gaulle 27R... It is VERY annyoing not being able to finish flights well... :( I spend a few hours on flights that ended in disaster and I hate that...Anyone else having similar problems? I wonder if it has something to do with the Airbus v1.21 update...? Or maybe something is wrong with those mega airports...?(The Aerosoft forum is down AGAIN, so that's why I ask here...)

To rule out the airports you could open their afcad in freeware editors and read the ILS frequencies then.You can also open the FSX map and see if they are shown there. If so, they are there. The beams are visible and the frequencies are shown on clicking them.Another check would be to go back to the situation at the approach (maybe with starting at the airport and then slewing to the approx positon), change the plane to e. g. a default FSX one with nav radios and check if this one receives the signal.I doubt that the airports have missing ILS signals overall.

OMG How stupid can you be... (I am talking about myself here!!!) LOL.gif PROBLEM SOLVED!I like to organize things and make charts and stats and so on to have everything at hand, so I made a chart with all the runways and frequencies for my four mega airports (I only fly on those four with the Airbus X). Just now I found out... I switched the data between EGLL and LFPG...The thing is (what a coincidence) that BOTH airports have runways called 9L and 9R and 27L and 27R...! What are the odds on that!!! Anyway, because the runways were there on my chart, it never occured to me that I might have switched something... It didn't occur to me until just now that both airports have runways with the same heading... So I have been entering the LFPG freqs at EGLL and vice versa... No wonder things didn't work out... :( :PBoy, am I glad I got this one solved...!!!

So the tip for future pilots remains "always mind the chart title". :(

I'm glad you surfaced the "problem", J van E...the stickier one happened to me recently during a vatsim flight: I downloaded the charts for my destination, and as I neared the top of descent, I dutifully entered the ILS freq and course for the active runway at my destination. Imagine my surprise when the aircraft refused to respond as anticipated...it completely ignored those settings, and I was forced into some last minute hand flying to make a successful approach and landing (not necessarily a bad thing, practice...). Turns out the real airport's ILS approach and the FSX version of it were NOT the same! Lesson learned: CHECK the FSX map to make sure that both your RL charts and FSX's runways and ILS frequencies match.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

RudiJG1, I have also come across the exact problem you described. I guess checking for updates is not a good thing for fsx ILS frequencies.RayJ van E, maybe you can edit your post title now to something like - Airbus X and mega airports: ILS works great. It is really not fair to Aerosoft to leave the glaring statement out there forever.RayM

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

J van E, maybe you can edit your post title now to something like - Airbus X and mega airports: ILS works great. It is really not fair to Aerosoft to leave the glaring statement out there forever.
I would if I could but I can't...

I would if I could but I can't...
I bet a moderator would do it for you.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .