Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

ASE doesn't connect with FSX

Guest 413X3

ASE acts very differently now with the latest beta 625. Before I would start ASE, wait until it was done, then load FSX (w Acceleration, win 7 64bit) and after selecting my aircraft the weather would change from clear skies to user defined automatically. Now that doesn't happen anymore. And sometimes after closing FSX I notice that ASE is also mysteriously closed, or messages about fsx connection not found. I have fsx and ase installed in c:\games and ran all as administrator

Hi,No need to "run as administrator."Does ASE recognize your current location in FSX?If you move around in FSX does ASE recognize your new locations?On the Map Screen in ASE can you click on the Lock to FS Location box?

I must say, that I have a similar issue since beta 625.(ASE, Win7 64 Prof, UAC disabled, Admin)After shutting down and restarting FSX ASE doesn't change weather.ASE is recognizing locations and new locations.But I haven't my setted visibility (reduced to 25 miles) and current weather.I have to restarting ASE, and weather and visibility is changing as it should.It is not, that simconnect is broken, because I have an other programm connected with simconnect (Aivlasofts EFB) wich is working without problems.I know about the issue, that FSX isn't shutting down properly and you have to end it with task manager. In this case, simconnect is broken.But this isn't the case here...(btw. would be very good to have at the bottom of ASE a simconnect status line; simply "Simconnect ON/OFF"; or, if off - a automatic restart of ASE)beside this I'm very happy with ASE and the support!Guenter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see this topic as I'm having the exact same problem. I know ASE is pointing to the correct FSX directory because the FSX startup screen comes up... and then just sits there. I have to close it with task manager and then reopen FSX directly and not through ASE. When I do this the wx shows as "clear skies" and when I switch it to "user defined" it gives me weather but it's not the same as ASE showed. Using the latest upgrade to ASE and FSX with all updates/patches.Jeff EvenRocklin, CA

Guest 413X3

it seems to keep updating my weather and find where I am once fsx has loaded a flight. But before it worked when loading to the fsx menu. Now it takes a minute on the ground to run weather updates and refresh everything when before after pressing fly now and loading it was all ready.

All,If you shut down FSX, you must also shut down ASE. You cannot keep ASE running and then re-start FSX. This is a known SimConnect issue and there is no other work around and this was true even before B625.

this was true even before B625.
really??? I have had never the feel, that it wasn't working.Sometimes yes, sometimes not.But to be honest, I have had just an closer look after the last update :( Jim, wouldn't it be then a nice feature that ASE has an option that the user can choose if ASE will restart automatically when FSX is shut down/simconnect is disconnected?Would help a lot!

Guenter Steiner

Hi,I don't want to sound un-helpful, but there would be no way to trigger this and if the option was On, some other uses of the computer may trigger a disconnect and then ASE would close down and re-start, even if FSX was not closed down. Still best to use the big old X in the upper right of ASE.

Guest 413X3
All,If you shut down FSX, you must also shut down ASE. You cannot keep ASE running and then re-start FSX. This is a known SimConnect issue and there is no other work around and this was true even before B625.
I never did this. The first time I turn on my computer, and start ASE. I let it download the weather and get to the complete part. Then I load FSX, select my airplane and bam, the weather is automatically changed to user defined. But now with the last few betas, this never happens anymore with the weather changing. I have to manually select user defined. Then start the flight, then wait a minute as ase finally catches up. And sometimes it just looses connection and closes or doesn't update.

Still best to use the big old X in the upper right of ASE.
thanks Jim,ok, then the old style :(

Guenter Steiner

413,We are watching this with B625 and B629. If ASE and FSX are communicating properly, weather in FSX should automatically be set to User Defined.

Guest 413X3

I am running 629 and still don't see the weather get automatically changed.

Hi,Single computer or network?Does ASE recognize your current locations in FSX?Can you lock to FS position on the Map screen?Lock to closest on in ASE?Starting ASE first then FSX?What flavor is your FSX?

Guest 413X3

Single computer or network?singleDoes ASE recognize your current locations in FSX?yes it updates the closest stationCan you lock to FS position on the Map screen?yesLock to closest on in ASE?yesStarting ASE first then FSX?that's how I've always done it, load ase, wait for it to complete, then start fsxWhat flavor is your FSX?fsx w/ acceleration. win 7 64bit professionalinstalled ase to c:\games\ase and fsx to c:\games\MS Flight Simulator X

Hi,OK all that is normal information. So with that said, the weather in FSX is not set to User Defined?