Sign in to follow this  
VTBDflyer

FS9 won't load

Hi everybody,I had to rebuild my system after a nasty trojan took over and just in the process of getting my flight sim back. But this is where things start to go bad. I'm running Vista 32bit, a NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT and my flight sim (fs9) isn't working. I'm trying to run it under "Run as Administrator," in XP SP2 compatibility mode and with visual themes and desktop composition disabled. Also I have my appearance settings are on Windows Vista Basic, so no Windows Aero. So now when flight sim loads, it will go through the splash screen but when it comes to the spot where I pick aircraft, weather etc..., the screen goes black, comes back showing my desktop with a different resolution, goes black again, the returns to normal resolution and flight sim closes without warning or error message. I actually never see the aircraft selection screen. It does this in windowed and maximum modes, so I think it might be related to my drivers, but I'm not entierly sure. I've tried every single Nvidia driver and still no luck. I seem to remember that I had a similar problem when I first installed flight sim on this computer years ago, but I can't remember what I did to get it to work.I made a video showing what happens, if any body can help, it would be greatly appreciated.VideoThanks, Alex Langer

Did you take a look at your system's application event log by any chance? There might be an entry for a DLL that is abending. If so, take a look at the web site below to see if it offers any insight.Markhttp://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php#Identifying

Nothing related to flight sim shows up in the application event log. So there isn't realy a good way to diagnose the problem. I suppose I could reinstall again and see if that helps. But if the problem is on the computer side rather than the application itself, it won't really solve the problem. I'll give that a try in my next free moment.

I solved a problem that looked liked this recently. Do you have any commercial add-on sceneries installed?
I do, Cloud9 LAX and VOZ Australia. But my flight sim was working after I installed these. It stopped working about 3 weeks after I installed VOZ.
If you have changed AA through Nhancer, set it back to default and try. It happened to me when I changed AA to Supersampling and FS didn't go past the splash screen until I revert it back to default.
I've never used nHancer, so those setting haven't changed. I also reset my Nvidia control panel back to all default settings. I've never had any problems with graphics settings, and I've never changed them outside of flightsim so I doubt it is a nvidia setting that is messing it all up.

I do, Cloud9 LAX and VOZ Australia. But my flight sim was working after I installed these. It stopped working about 3 weeks after I installed VOZ.
Hmmm...Cloud9 is now FSDreamTeam and both use the "bglman.dll" file. I had an issue with the FSDreamTeam "bglman.dll" file, which caused FS9 not to load similarly to your video. The problem occurred weeks after I successfully installed their last scenery. To troubleshoot, simply moved bglman.dll to a temporary folder outside FS9 and FS9 started loading. I then downloaded and installed the latest bglman.dll from their website. FS9 loaded, so that fixed the issue.Here's a link to the discussion at FSDreamTeam: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3123.0

Hmmm...Cloud9 is now FSDreamTeam and both use the "bglman.dll" file. I had an issue with the FSDreamTeam "bglman.dll" file, which caused FS9 not to load similarly to your video. The problem occurred weeks after I successfully installed their last scenery. To troubleshoot, simply moved bglman.dll to a temporary folder outside FS9 and FS9 started loading. I then downloaded and installed the latest bglman.dll from their website. FS9 loaded, so that fixed the issue.Here's a link to the discussion at FSDreamTeam: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3123.0
Amazing, it worked perfectly. I was completely stuck, many many thanks.Alex