Sign in to follow this  
bradrcfii

Autopilot Disconnect

I want to program a key on my Saitek Pro Yoke to disconnet the autopilot. The documentation calls for the "Z" key to cycle the AP disconnet bar. In my case, the "Z" key will move the bar up or to the on position but will not move the bar down to the disconnect position.Any ideas or recomendations.Thanks,

Solved. I had the thought it may be different in the air and sure enough, the Z key does cycle the AP disconnect bar both ways in the air. My only thought now is that if I cannot turn the AP off on the ground without using the mouse, I will not be abe to turn off the runway after a Cat3Land3 approach.

Solved. I had the thought it may be different in the air and sure enough, the Z key does cycle the AP disconnect bar both ways in the air. My only thought now is that if I cannot turn the AP off on the ground without using the mouse, I will not be abe to turn off the runway after a Cat3Land3 approach.
It should work. I use the Saitek x52Pro, and have the "Fire" button act like the A/P button, have it mapped to Z via the Saitek Profile Manager, and it works on disconnecting the autopilot after performing an Autoland in the 76.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Thanks for the note. I thought the Z key should work either on the ground or air. I am not using the Saitek software. When I first loaded the Saitek software and had a look, it made no sense to me as to how to use. What is strange is hitting the "Z" key via keybaord has the same symptom so it's all FS, not Saitek. I have a GF MCP Pro on the way. Hopefully, the auto-pilot disengange bar will work for me via Goflight.

Thanks for the note. I thought the Z key should work either on the ground or air. I am not using the Saitek software. When I first loaded the Saitek software and had a look, it made no sense to me as to how to use. What is strange is hitting the "Z" key via keybaord has the same symptom so it's all FS, not Saitek. I have a GF MCP Pro on the way. Hopefully, the auto-pilot disengange bar will work for me via Goflight.
Please let me know how you like the Gof Flight MCP. I am very interested in it, and was looking to get their 737 MCP (the pro one I believe they call it). I would use it with the upcoming PMDG NGX and the LDS 76, and if possible, the PMDG 744.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Please let me know how you like the Gof Flight MCP. I am very interested in it, and was looking to get their 737 MCP (the pro one I believe they call it). I would use it with the upcoming PMDG NGX and the LDS 76, and if possible, the PMDG 744.
I just received the GoFlight MCP Pro. My initial impression is very very good, a very nice piece of hardware and seems worth every dollar. I will let you know how the integration works out. I have LDS767 and PMDG 747. However, I like to MCP Pro so much, I am thinking abiut getting a 737 SIM since the unit is a 737 MCP. However, my research sugests it will work fine with the other payware and will probably work great as an autopilot for most aircraft. I have quite a project now to integrate as I purchased a bunch of GF modules.

I just received the GoFlight MCP Pro. My initial impression is very very good, a very nice piece of hardware and seems worth every dollar. I will let you know how the integration works out. I have LDS767 and PMDG 747. However, I like to MCP Pro so much, I am thinking abiut getting a 737 SIM since the unit is a 737 MCP. However, my research sugests it will work fine with the other payware and will probably work great as an autopilot for most aircraft. I have quite a project now to integrate as I purchased a bunch of GF modules.
Turns out there is a MCP Pro freezing problem. May be USB power related and or a software timing problem. GF said they are working on the problem. They said the problem has been brewing a few months and that bothered me a little as I sensed a lack of urgency on the part of GF. I could easily be wrong and hope GF solves this quickly.My first few flights were problamatic, however, after moving the MCP Pro to a dedicated usb slot at the computer has helped much.