I'm trying to use dual monitors so I can have cockpit view on the main and other panels on the secondary. I tried it with a 20" main and a 19" secondary but fs9 wouldn't load. Resolution is 1680x1050 on the main and 1440x900 on the secondary, is that the problem ? I unhooked the second monitor and fs9 loaded ok.

Jerry Sterner

Hello Jerry:Please add a little more information including your System Specs, exactly where loading fails, and any error messages?Respectfully:RTH

I'm trying to use dual monitors so I can have cockpit view on the main and other panels on the secondary. I tried it with a 20" main and a 19" secondary but fs9 wouldn't load. Resolution is 1680x1050 on the main and 1440x900 on the secondary, is that the problem ? I unhooked the second monitor and fs9 loaded ok.

Hello Jerry:Please add a little more information including your System Specs, exactly where loading fails, and any error messages?Respectfully:RTH
I have a E8400 Intel CPU at 3.0Nvidia 8800 GT graphics card4mb ramFS9 starts to load and freezes as it is loading airports. As soon as I unplugged the second monitor it loads fine.Thanks for the reply.

Jerry Sterner

Guest Tucker1003

That's a Start and will help, but Operating system may help too!!I can't speak for FS9, but I do have an E8400 with 2 nvidia 9600 GT, running two 22" monitors; an E8200 with a 8600 GTS running one 22" and one 15" and a laptop.All of that networked together running FSX on Windows 7 64 bit. there may be some tricks to getting it to work, but I know the Processor, video card, and RAM should be able to do it. Need to know what OS you are running.You can try to see how FS9 reacts to this idea. Unplug 19", boot up FS9, after boot up load default flight, in default flight change to windowed mode (ALT + ENTER),close out of FS9, plug 19" back in, load FS9, load a flight (it should be loading in windowed mode), if it loads in windowed mode ALT + ENTER back to Full screen and seehow it reacts.Let us know.