Sign in to follow this  

21st century Boeing

Let's get controversial here.BOEING.....ANTI GRAVITYCan anyone confirm the above connection, and also explain just how the hell Boeing are going to develop an aircraft that defies all currently known laws of physics ? Or is this maybe a product of years of research at Area 51 ?I'd love to know what's going on.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I heard about this a few days ago, but Boeing should not delve into this until its fully understood, something bad could happen!

From memory only: A russian scientist says to have measured up to 2% reduction in gravity above a fast spinning, superconducting disk.No-one had yet been able to repeat these measurements - yet this is the work Boeing is said to base its research on. I guess it's a "don't let the competitors have it first thing" :-)Vince

That may be so, but doesn't anyone else here think that all this talk about anti gravity is starting to sound rather ridiculous ? I mean, come on. We're talking about ANTI GRAVITY here. What BS are they going to talk next ? Warp drive ? Lightsabres ?I'll say this though. If Boeing really do create an anti gravity engine, then I want to know where the technology came from, because I sure as hell am not convinced that the human race is ANYWHERE NEAR that level of technology.UFO Magazine anyone ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, actually, Boeing's work in this area is based upon some very serious previous work done by the Russian scientist mentioned earlier (and others I might add). And contrary to what some may believe, Einstein's Theory of Relativity does allow for anti-gravity. It may also surprise you that there a number of institutions that are seriously looking at "time travel", which is also allowed by the theory of relativity. Imagine you are in 1880 and all you have ever seen fly are birds and balloons. Now imagine sitting in your living room parlor one night and someone telling you; "Yup, 23 years from now, man will fly like a bird". Or, you are in July of 1959 and told, 10 years from today, man will step on, and explore, the moon.My guess is that you might well have scoffed at those statements too. :)

Tom,I take your point, but are you seriously suggesting that such advanced technology as anti gravity and time travel are within the grasp of the human race ? Your analogies are valid, but they aren't really in the same league. Man was flying balloons, and possibly even airships in 1880. That isn't too far removed from a primitive aircraft. Similarly, several satellites had already been launched into orbit by 1959, and the Apollo Moon landings didn't involve a radically different form of technology to be accomplished, despite being very impressive achievements.Advancing from rockets and jet aircraft to anti gravity and time travel is a massive leap forward in technology. I'm not convinced that the human race is capable of such technological marvels, but I would like to know who is.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh, I catch your drift. "but I would like to know who is" kind of is a clue. :)Well, I can't speak to that (well I could, but then I would have to reveal the greatest conspiracy of all time! :-lol ). Speculating on aliens and the like is akin to standing at the fence rail and trying to guess how many teeth a horse has. Until you climb the fence, walk up to the horse, and pry its mouth open and actually count the teeth, you will never really know and everything but that is guess work / speculation / bias / fantasy / or dementia.

Guest CX001

Oh yes they did! :-) Going from a R-7 or Jupiter C to a Saturn V is a huge climb. The work that went into the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs is often way under rated.

Dear Christopher,Remember, not all scientific break throughs come gradually.Some come because some scientist stumbles over it by accident or makes a mistake during an experiment and finds something unexpected (think Curie).There's no way ever you can say "impossible".When you say that, it blocks all potential progress.Level of technology is only partially time related.What drives science mostly is the number of people.Science needs a mass society to carry it's weight.Think of it as a critical mass.We have mass, we have exponentially growing tech to help us.My personal expectation is that we are on the brink of some major breakthroughs. Maybe not in our life times but for sure in our children's.Yes, even warp drives comes within grasp.- Gideon"...You were looking for me, but you couldn't find me..while I was sitting right under your nose...."

>are you seriously suggesting that >such advanced technology as anti gravity and time travel are >within the grasp of the human race ? It's not that far off. If you read up (and manage to understand ! :-lol) about quantum physics, you'll get an better idea. I really don't understand enough about it to explain, so I'd rather you read about it :-lol.__________________________________________________________EricList of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Guest Delta_747

Someone somewhere else (I don't remember where) thought Boeing would use this on commerical aircraft. Wouldn't that be weird! I think that if this were to become a reality, we'd have some really weird futuristic fighter. But knowing that the Government keeps things under wraps they may have something like this. Who knows?

Guest Dominik Mann

You know, I once read a very interesting report on how UFOs (assuming they do exist, which I think is not as unlikely as you might think) might be propelled. I cannot recall every single detail off the top of my head, but it involved the application of an electrical field of very high voltage - several ten thousand kV at least - and high revolution numbers. Interestingly, trials that were undertaken in the UK and elsewhere showed that the disk shape which was and is often seen on UFOs would be just about ideal for this "electro-gravitic" propulsion, as it was called. IIRC, the principle of this propulsion method is that the electrial field emitted by the aircraft (let's just call it that for the moment) serves to drastically reduce aerodynamic drag by deflecting the air away from the surface of the craft, and also to reduce the effects of gravity on the aircraft sufficiently that only very small amounts of power would be needed to propel it in any desired direction.Let's just hope that we would use such technology wisely, assuming it could be realized...

Of course there is probably no point to working on Anti-Gravity drives anyway (at least for transportation purposes) - don't they know that they are also working on Teleportation as well and it is looking good.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2049048.stm...that is if you are a laser beam looking to travel a very short distance.Of course, how exactly does MS make a "Teleportation Simulator" - can't really think that there would be many buyers !!!!!

Guest Dominik Mann

Teleportation sure would be nice :-) ...but then again I once read that in order to break down a human into his smallest subatomic particles in order to "beam" them to another location you would need a temperature of several ten billion degrees or so :( ...and that is not even to speak of how to recombine those particles at the destination...

Dominik,Electro gravitics is exactly the term used in a recent article about anti-gravity devices in UFO Magazine. They acknowledge that research on such technology is a reality, but they have questions regarding the likely source of such technology.I like to keep an open mind.............Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png