Hi all,I have a lower end system (by todays standards) and staying with fs9 for now. It seems that my pc should run Fs9 fairly well. I run all the addons, REX, GEPro, ASE, UT and aircraft from the IFLY 737, DA Fokker, PMDG MD11, etc.. etc.. Should I get better than the low 20's as far as frames go. I also get alot of stuttering and am still trying to pinpoint what could be causing that. I run FS9 with every unneeded background program stopped. Could my GPU be causing a bottleneck? Thanks in advance.Win XPAMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition (overclocked to 3.6 GHZ)Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTCorsair Twin 2x4096 DDR 2 1066 5,5,5,15 TimingsSoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Audio

Guest simmer9304

You have a very similar system to mine the Phenom II X2 555 and E8400 are from a similar generation I can't see anything wrong with your setup really. Maybe a higher overclock would go well but it looks like you're at the highest overclock your CPU can handle from what I can see. Have you done the quad core enable thing? If so that's limiting your OCThe GPU is a bottleneck but not a particularly bad one. If you're going to upgrade it just go for a 460GTX and eliminate any sort of GPU bottleneck. Also are you using XP 32 bit or 64 bit? If it's 32 bit then you aren't using anywhere close to all your RAM. But even with this there's something software-wise pulling down your system since I can get 30FPS locked in FSX and in FS9 I leave it capped at 35 for fluidity's sake and I only get lower than that in poorly designed older sceneries.

Hey thanks for the reply, yeah I probably will be upgrading to that 460 sometime soon.btw I am using a 32 bit xp, and no I havent tried unlocking the other cores. I have my memory set to 533 mhz (DDR2) but I noticed I left the voltage set to auto. I probably should set it at 2.1? I wonder if that could be causing any problems?

Guest simmer9304

Your memory may be the bottleneck here. Are you running it on a 1:1 ratio with your FSB? I keep my 2x2gb DDR2 RAM at 1.85v and I haven't had a problem with it since so I'd say look around to see what people set your memory to since I've found that leaving it on 'Auto' isn't the best idea.On your memory speed, memory with a speed below 800mhz can cause instability in some motherboards like mine and even if it isn't causing instability with yours it may be lagging behind everything else.Since you're using Windows XP 32-bit the most memory you'll ever be able to utilise is 3.25gb so more than half of what you have is going to waste so an upgrade to a 64-bit OS may be beneficial especially if you're playing FSX

This is what I have everything set at. I am in the process of learning all this stuff, so maybe you could take a look at my screenshots and tell me if you see anything wrong. Thanks in advance :Big Grin:

Guest chris493

Biggest issue I see is the OS. Get 64bit. That should up FS performance a fair bit.

I turned down the VCORE to around 1.4, anything lower the system becomes unstable. Thanks for the replies.

Guest simmer9304

Yeah your vcore would burn out that processor in no time... Your RAM speed is low so I'd say change the ratio setting from 3:8 to 1:1 and then bring your multiplier down and FSB up. This may not work depending on your CPU and RAM but it's worth a shot.

I hope I didnt cause some damage already. Anyway, like I said I'm just learning but I'm not sure what you mean by my Ram being so slow. It is running at 533 MHZ, so being DDR2 that would mean that it is at 1066 mhz? And how do I change the ratio from 3:8 to 1:1? Again, sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, I certainly appreciate your help though.

Yeah your vcore would burn out that processor in no time
Quite surprising thing though, AMD chips are rated up to 1.85V blink.gif
Your RAM speed is low so I'd say change the ratio setting from 3:8 to 1:1 and then bring your multiplier down and FSB up.
The FSB for an AMD board that would be the HT Ref. Clock (also doubles as the UnCore Clock.)The AOD guide gives the definitions of the values in the BIOS.

Guest freebird77
Hi all,I have a lower end system (by todays standards) and staying with fs9 for now. It seems that my pc should run Fs9 fairly well. I run all the addons, REX, GEPro, ASE, UT and aircraft from the IFLY 737, DA Fokker, PMDG MD11, etc.. etc.. Should I get better than the low 20's as far as frames go. I also get alot of stuttering and am still trying to pinpoint what could be causing that. I run FS9 with every unneeded background program stopped. Could my GPU be causing a bottleneck? Thanks in advance.Win XPAMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition (overclocked to 3.6 GHZ)Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTCorsair Twin 2x4096 DDR 2 1066 5,5,5,15 TimingsSoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Audio
Careful of the well intended "advise" in this forum, there are some helpful people but I dont know if it is total lack of experience or what but this forum is not what it used to be, please be careful.

Appreciate that :Peace: , I certainly also am trying to do my homework also to make sure I dont cause any problems.

I don't know anything about modern AMD chips, but I noticed your ram timings are 5 5 5 15 and 2T.I've found 1T to be noticably faster but not all ram can run at 1T. Worth trying at least.