Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

FS9 Autogen Issues

Wondering if anyone may have any insight to why part of this photo tile won't take autogen? I used Autotrees beta to add autogen trees to the entire photoscenery and then I've been opening these in the annotator to add buildings and relocate any trees that didn't wind up in logical places. Here are some screenshots:agn_01.jpgHere I replaced the tile with a blank texture, as you can see it's not the entire tile that's not taking autogen:agn_02.jpgHere's what it looks like in the annotator, the yellow outline approximates the offending area:agn_03.jpgI have some tilted LWM polygons under this tile to try and smooth out the airport plateau problem, but I disabled my LWM3.BGL temporarily and it made no difference. I've looked at the area with LWMViewer2 and I can't see where there's anything weird under this area other than my tilted polygon. I've noticed other tiles in the photoscenery with bare areas, but most of them are out and away from the airport so it doesn't matter so much. This looks horrible and it's what you see when on final for rwy 16 so I'd like to get it sorted if possible.Also, is/are there GUID's for the default autogen trees so a person could place them like any other object?Thanks,Jim

Also, is/are there GUID's for the default autogen trees so a person could place them like any other object?
Hi Jim:Here's a couple of links that might help set you on course for finding a satisfactory solution for accessing FS9 Autogen:http://www.wiki.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3920http://www.wiki.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16786
Wondering if anyone may have any insight to why part of this photo tile won't take autogen? I used Autotrees beta to add autogen trees to the entire photoscenery and then I've been opening these in the annotator to add buildings and relocate any trees that didn't wind up in logical places. Here are some screenshots:Here I replaced the tile with a blank texture, as you can see it's not the entire tile that's not taking autogen:Here's what it looks like in the annotator, the yellow outline approximates the offending area:I have some tilted LWM polygons under this tile to try and smooth out the airport plateau problem, but I disabled my LWM3.BGL temporarily and it made no difference. I've looked at the area with LWMViewer2 and I can't see where there's anything weird under this area other than my tilted polygon. I've noticed other tiles in the photoscenery with bare areas, but most of them are out and away from the airport so it doesn't matter so much. This looks horrible and it's what you see when on final for rwy 16 so I'd like to get it sorted if possible.
You've got some obscure things happening in that yellow area !Be aware that both LWMViewer versions 1+2 only show DEFAULT filenames for the area under one's aircraft, and it will not identify or list 3rd party files (ex: UT-USA land class, MegaScenery autogen objects.You may also wish to identify the quad matrix ID for the area of interest and use FS9 (or better yet FSX TMFViewer) to load up files in TMFViewer for that area based on FS filename strings and/or FS folder location to see if you can get an idea of what might be involved there as well.BTW: There was a clash between UT-USA night lights and Megascenery night lights in FS 2004 that required use of only 1 or the other, or disabling both to stop clobbering of daytime autogen objects.http://www.simforums.com/forums/ultimate-terrain-usa-can-ak-murders-autogen_topic26191.htmlAlso, if there is a thermal too close to the ground, it could eradicate autogen.There are a number of other scenarios which could potentially clobber autogen in the area of interest when in the vicinity of an airport; I'd suggest a search at FSDeveloper Forums may turn up additional insights, and posting a copy of this inquiry there in the Autogen Forum might evoke some input as well. :( http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104PS: How did you make and place your "LWM3 polygons" at the area in question ? :( Hope this helps ! :( GaryGB

Hi again, Jim:RE: "...identify the quad matrix ID for the area of interest..." in my post immediately aboveNew post as AVSIM's ridiculous Edit option "timed out" on me; it took me a while to find this FS9 "base file" diagram:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/60973-location-in-the-world-of-specific-bgl-files/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=94664FYI: If necessary, disable JavaScript / refresh page to right-click and "Save Image As" to download full JPG file for future reference.IIUC, this is the FS9 equivalent to the FSX Base File reference.Ex: Emma Field / Seattle area airport backgrounds are in [FS2004 install path]\Scenery\Namw\Scenery\AB915150.bglPS: Many thanks to Joe Bush for originally posting this info. :( Hope this helps further ! :( GaryGB

Hi Gary I appreciate your reply, it obviously required some research to gather all the links and I really appreciate it. I'm at work at the moment but I'll read up on all this this evening and see if I can find a solution. I do have UT lights but no megascenery products installed. I'll try disabling the lights. LWMViewer2 does actually seem to be showing me the UT files in place for the area and the originals have all been renamed by UT so I don't think I'm missing anything hidden under that particular tile but I'll give TMFViewer a try (actually hadn't thought of that). For the moment I've back-burnered the autogen issue and am currently trying to make a gmax groundpoly for the airport with some limited success.

PS: How did you make and place your "LWM3 polygons" at the area in question ? :(
SBuilder can make those, it took I think 7 tilted polygons all fitted into place like pieces of a pie. It's not a perfect solution to smoothing out terrain by any means, I need to fiddle and tweak some more with the coordinates and elevations of the polygon points, I've really only had success in moving the ugliness out and away from the airport where it isn't so noticeable at this point. A greater number of smaller polygons I think would do a better job of smoothing out the area, as it is now some of the corners of the polygons "stick up" a bit. I wish you could assign an elevation for every point of the polygons, but basically all you can do is assign the highest and lowest points and SBuilder makes a perfectly flat "tectonic plate" between the two. The airport has a small hill to the East in the real world and another just off the end of Rwy 34 which is actually "NOTAM'd" as a hazard on the approach plate, so I'm trying to keep these hills intact if possible. These polygons do show up in LWMViewer2 incidentally.Thanks again,Jim

Hi Gary I appreciate your reply, it obviously required some research to gather all the links and I really appreciate it. I'm at work at the moment but I'll read up on all this this evening and see if I can find a solution. I do have UT lights but no megascenery products installed. I'll try disabling the lights. LWMViewer2 does actually seem to be showing me the UT files in place for the area and the originals have all been renamed by UT so I don't think I'm missing anything hidden under that particular tile but I'll give TMFViewer a try (actually hadn't thought of that). For the moment I've back-burnered the autogen issue and am currently trying to make a gmax groundpoly for the airport with some limited success
Hi Jim:Thanks for the heads up on the ability of LWMViewer to actually display 3rd party TMF BGLs from UT; I'd forgotten I turned UT-USA off a while back when working on some scenery, and had forgotten to turn it back on. B) It's been a while since I tinkered under the hood in FS9 with LWMViewer2, and I didn't recall having seen the UT files at the time I last ran LWMViewer2 ( probably because it was turned off then as well ! ) But it's good to know Jim Keir's marvelous utility still performs admirably for FS inquiries with both default and certain 3rd party files; thanks for so kindly pointing that out, as I would not want to have dissuaded anyone from making use of that valuable resource ! :(BTW: Relative to the current inquiry, are you still running the FS add-ons install configuration you described here ?http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?213020-FS9-Water-Addon
SBuilder can make those, it took I think 7 tilted polygons all fitted into place like pieces of a pie. It's not a perfect solution to smoothing out terrain by any means, I need to fiddle and tweak some more with the coordinates and elevations of the polygon points, I've really only had success in moving the ugliness out and away from the airport where it isn't so noticeable at this point. A greater number of smaller polygons I think would do a better job of smoothing out the area, as it is now some of the corners of the polygons "stick up" a bit. I wish you could assign an elevation for every point of the polygons, but basically all you can do is assign the highest and lowest points and SBuilder makes a perfectly flat "tectonic plate" between the two. The airport has a small hill to the East in the real world and another just off the end of Rwy 34 which is actually "NOTAM'd" as a hazard on the approach plate, so I'm trying to keep these hills intact if possible. These polygons do show up in LWMViewer2 incidentally.
Good to know, as I had the impression with SBuilder for FS9 (SB9) and Airport design Editor (ADE9X) we could assign the 3rd elevation of such triangles (at least where they overlap neighboring triangles).Was this what you were describing as the current behavior of SBuilder with LWM3 polys?http://www.newsite.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10663Some additional info as to how others are using sloped flatten polys:http://www.newsite.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10663To see what ADE9 does with such "triangles" versus SBuilder8 / SBuilderX, I guess one must "RTFM" (and test): In SBuilderX:1.) Click Help > SBuilderX Help > Search Tab2.) Enter the word "Slope", then Click "List Topics"NOTE: "Working With Points, Lines and Polygons" = only hit returned on "List Topics" Search)3.) Click "Working With Points, Lines and Polygons", then Click "Display"4.) In SBuilderX Help right-side Window Pane, scroll down to "Set Altitude"An example of Sloping Polygons in the Airport design Editor (ADE9X) English Manual:1.) Download "ADE9x-Manual-EN.zip" from: http://www.downloadcenter.scruffyduck.org.uk/2.) Browse to "ADE9X Current Version" > "ADE9x-Manual-EN"3.) In that PDF Document, Navigate to: 15.2.3 Sloping Polygons (Pages 188+189)It would be interesting to see what others experience may be with FS9 versus FSX sloped flattens as to whether all 3 vertices can actually be assigned individual elevations in ADE, SB9 and/or SBX. :( I'll be curious to read what you find out on this latter sloped flatten issue, as well as the original above autogen issue when you have a chance to check into it more ! PS: I really appreciate your MOD to the Finney Crosshairs Plus, and use it all the time. :( I was also wondering if you ever considered making a very large version of the Finney Croshhairs Plus (ex: 100 M / 10 M graduations) for occasional odd FS scenery measurement tasks (sort of like we had in Lou Volland's FS2002 "Crosshair Box English" and "Crosshair Box Metric" aircraft)... as these don't render in FSX ? B) Scenery Design Planning Aircrafthttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2002misc&DLID=33046Scenery Design Aircraft Metric Versionhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2002misc&DLID=33058Regards,GaryGB

I didn't know ADE9X could do those polygons, I'll definately have a look at that, or is that an FSX only thing?Yep, still running "Holger's Water", tried lots of others, still haven't found anything I like better... :smile:JimEDIT: Sure, I can whip something up on the scenery .mdl. It'll be an FS9 model (exported with the FS9 gamepack), but if I texture it, it should work OK in FSX for what you need it for. Did you want it graduated in feet or meters?

I didn't know ADE9X could do those polygons, I'll definitely have a look at that, or is that an FSX only thing?
ADE has a version for FS9 (ADE9) and for FSX (ADEX); AFAIK, most features are duplicated between versions (with exceptions as it's still in ongoing development). :(
EDIT: Sure, I can whip something up on the scenery .mdl. It'll be an FS9 model (exported with the FS9 game pack), but if I texture it, it should work OK in FSX for what you need it for. Did you want it graduated in feet or meters?
If it wouldn't be too much work, I'm thinking one each for both Feet and Meters would be ideal, as some FS Developers would work in either (or both) sets of units... depending on their project world location, or scenery creation methodology. :( Very good of you to consider this, and I think many would greatly appreciate having you post another fine contribution to the FS scenery development community for download ! :( Regards,GaryGB

Hi Gary, I honestly hadn't been into the "FSX side" of ADE9X yet and I see where there is a polygon button that's absent in the FS9 version. Those apparently are some type of XML polygon that's new for FSX. If I'm not mistaken the ones SBuilder makes are compiled with scasm. In ADE9X -> FSX it looks like the thing to do is make triangles and set an elevation for each individual point. In Sbuilder you can set only the highest and lowest point and the sim renders a flat plate between the two, laying flat and perpendicular to a line drawn through the center of the earth (I think). I've had little success with less than 4 points as it seems impossible to control the elevation of the 3rd point in a triangle. A line drawn between the highest and lowest points needs to go across the plate diagonally rather than down the length of one side. I wound up using triangularly shaped 4-point polygons which seemed to work pretty well. Having the ability to set the elevation of that 3rd point is yet another compelling reason to switch to FSX.Also, I looked at those Lou Volland crosshairs thingy's and started building a 100m square placement tool, but it seems to me that a grid pattern of maybe 10m squares filling the box might be more useful than the concentric squares it appears Lou used. Any thoughts?Jim

Well I'll be dipped, it turns out the UT lights are in fact the culprit with the autogen issue. I disabled them and low and behold that tile displayed it's autogen perfectly. Doesn't really solve any problems though since most users (me included) are probably going to want to run the UT lights. I wonder if I can exclude the lights somehow without excluding everything else too?agn_04.jpgJim

Hi Gary, I honestly hadn't been into the "FSX side" of ADE9X yet and I see where there is a polygon button that's absent in the FS9 version. Those apparently are some type of XML polygon that's new for FSX. If I'm not mistaken the ones SBuilder makes are compiled with scasm. In ADE9X -> FSX it looks like the thing to do is make triangles and set an elevation for each individual point. In Sbuilder you can set only the highest and lowest point and the sim renders a flat plate between the two, laying flat and perpendicular to a line drawn through the center of the earth (I think). I've had little success with less than 4 points as it seems impossible to control the elevation of the 3rd point in a triangle. A line drawn between the highest and lowest points needs to go across the plate diagonally rather than down the length of one side. I wound up using triangularly shaped 4-point polygons which seemed to work pretty well. Having the ability to set the elevation of that 3rd point is yet another compelling reason to switch to FSX.
I'd need to delve further into ADE and SBuilder9 to see what each is able to do and what format BGL each is outputting for sloped (aka "tilted" or LWM3) flattens.BTW: A 'few of the few' leads I've found thus far researching this LWM3 topic in Forums at AVSIM and PTSIM / SBuilder Support:http://www.google.com/#q=LWM3+polygon&hl=en&prmd=iv&ei=opXJTMi9BdLtnQeixfAl&start=10&sa=N&fp=2304850557947867FYI: Thus far, I've only had time to look through the first 2 pages of hits on the above Google query
Also, I looked at those Lou Volland crosshairs thingy's and started building a 100m square placement tool, but it seems to me that a grid pattern of maybe 10m squares filling the box might be more useful than the concentric squares it appears Lou used. Any thoughts?
Currently, the Lou Volland "Crosshair Box" aircraft have these limitations:1.) They don't render in FSX2.) They are limited usefulness for some tasks by their sizes:a.) Crosshair Box Metric "Has 1, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 50m. boxes"b.) Crosshair Box English "Has 1ft., 10ft., 20ft., 25ft., 50ft., 100ft., 150ft. and 200ft. boxes"I'm wondering if it might be practical to do 2 types of such a "FS scenery developer's helper object aircraft" ? :( 1.) A bigger "cross-hairs" aircraft for scenery placement that's fly-able / slew-able mouse-yoke-able as we have in your MOD-ed Finney Crosshairs PlusThis could have 100 Meter / 328.083 Ft. and smaller increments of "numeric unit" and color bar graduations on it along the X,Y,Z object axes (which in this case might be made with the same MOD-ed Finney Crosshairs Plus or comparable type object)2.) A "LOD reticle" or "Quad Matrix grid" aircraft as we have in the Lou Volland English and Metric crosshairsThis could have LOD-13 and LOD-13 Area Point (aka "cell") sized "numeric unit" and color bar graduations on it along the:a.) Outermost LOD border (...and...)b.) Central crosshair axes (which in this case might again be the same MOD-ed Finney Crosshairs Plus or comparable type object)NOTE: FSX SDK TMFViewer loads legacy and FSX placement BGLs, but not legacy imagery BMP tiles (...only FSX's imagery BGLs load/display with grid overlays etc.)FS default land class LOD quad matrix info can be visually displayed as a grid on FS top of terrain with Richard Ludowise's CellGrid2004a (and Edgar Knobloch's CellGenerator displays Lat/Lon info in a somewhat comparable manner).And of course one can identify legacy tile info in a dialog box with Richard Ludowise's TCalc2004 Version2.0 and/or George Davison's "IdentifyTile".However, in some scenarios one might wish to have a FS LOD / Quad cell grid visually superimposed upon one's FS legacy format custom land class photoreal terrain texture (BMP) tiles, which apparently cannot be done using methods provided by Richard Ludowise's CellGrid2004a and/or by Edgar Knobloch's CellGenerator.For this, I'd like to use either a 100 Meter or LOD-13 sized "grid aircraft" (and/or FS9 format scenery library object with no 'crashbox' if possible) as an overlay visible on top of one's FS terrain.If during 3-D modeling, the central aircraft datum / object reference point is placed precisely at the object's "top left corner", one could in FS map view (or via another utility) "jump" the aircraft to known fixed coordinates of FS quad matrix "NW corner origin" vertices to display a "frame of reference" for certain scenery design considerations. :( Of course, the latter "aircraft flat on ground" procedure would only work well over 'flat airport terrain'.Other textured "mesh-clinging" grids that display with priority on top of photoreal textures in FS9 would have to be made by rather esoteric methods (if can even be done).Additionally, I had the impression that if it can be done, by now either Richard Ludowise's CellGrid2004a and/or Edgar Knobloch's CellGenerator might have provided a way to do this for visualizing grids on legacy photoreal scenery in FS9, and that such display of such in-sim visible terrain grids might be similarly implemented for FSX. PS: I'd be interested in reading other FS2004/FSX Scenery Developer ideas as to what crosshairs / grid / ruler aircraft and/or scenery objects they'd find useful. :Nerd:Hope this provides some additional helpful input. :smile:GaryGB

Well I'll be dipped, it turns out the UT lights are in fact the culprit with the autogen issue. I disabled them and low and behold that tile displayed it's autogen perfectly. Doesn't really solve any problems though since most users (me included) are probably going to want to run the UT lights. I wonder if I can exclude the lights somehow without excluding everything else too?
Hi Jim:What's the airport ICAO or coordinates of the scenery area in question ? :( (...if that's confidential, PM me here)The [FS install path]\FS2004\Scenery\UTUSA\Scenery\LM9*.BGL files contain UT-USA night lights.These are SCASM / Scenery Assembler type BGLs which can be examined as *.SCA output via BGLAnalyze version 3.1, suggesting FS legacy code is used for a "NAV light".Apparently the UT-USA "NAV Light" objects clobber autogen when placed with methods implemented in those SCASM-type placement LM9*.BGL files.BTW: I'm not familiar with the complexities of SCASM, but as I read it, such lights normally display at a default hard-coded size.However, there may be some question as to whether there's a way to over-ride a resulting eradication of autogen display by "light" objects via specifying an "X,Y footprint" size in object placement:http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_cmd5.htm#lighthttp://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=848&hilit=lighthttp://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=287&hilit=rwy12http://forum.avsim.net/topic/77007-gmax-approach-lights-help/FYI: Only FSX has implemented an "XML" scenery object placement parameter option to disable autogen suppression:<NoAutogenSuppression>Hopefully there might also be a feasible way to actually display night lights via the very large coverage area UT-USA file set for FS9 without also suppressing autogen.It might be nice to have an alternate version of the UT-USA LM9*.BGL file in a different format that instead uses the smaller "Light Balls" that Dick Ludowise so generously created recently for the FS Community:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/296289-looking-for-some-light-balls/I don't know whether Allen Kriesman as author of the UT product line might ever consider releasing an alternate file set for FS9 and FSX to provide smaller lights for those of us that would prefer them that way (rather than the current ones which IMHO, are too large and visually distracting from the rest of the scenery for GA aircraft night flying... and perhaps as well for heavies during take-off and landings).But I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask him ! :(PS: I hope Dick Ludowise and others might offer more info here on whether such night lights can be implemented in FS9 without also suppressing autogen... so we know whether there might be any point in pursuing this option. Angel.gif Regards,GaryGB

I'd need to delve further into ADE and SBuilder9 to see what each is able to do and what format BGL each is outputting for sloped (aka "tilted" or LWM3) flattens.
LWM3 poly for FS9 requires for each polygon, a min altitude and a max altitude. Then, for each point in the polygon 3 values are needed, corresponding to lat, long, and an 8-bit fractional height (i.e., in 1/256ths) between the max and min alt defined for the polygon. The sdk makes no mention of it, but at least it was always my understanding that the polygon had to be planar. Thus the problem of properly computing the height value at each point. I think SBuilder works by assuming the polygon is a plane, and computing the vertex heights accordingly. Naturally there is no way to do this for a triangle. But playing with simple triangles, I could create one that works by setting the max and min altitudes in the LWM poly properties, then going back and editing the altitudes of the 3 points in my polygon. That seemed to work and the scm file that SBuilder created seemed correct. Note that LWM3 polys are clipped at LOD 13 boundaries, so if your triangle crosses a boundary you will end up with two polygons, one of them 4 sided. scott s..

But playing with simple triangles, I could create one that works by setting the max and min altitudes in the LWM poly properties, then going back and editing the altitudes of the 3 points in my polygon. That seemed to work...
Thanks for that little tidbit Scott, I just did a 5 minute test with this and completely eliminated a problem area I've been fiddling with for a week :( . Much appreciated!Gary, one issue I'm having even with the 100m model is it's so big that you can barely see the outer rails as they are so far away (see last screenshot I posted, it's not finished, I just exported it to see what it would be like in the sim). I put some NAV lights on all 4 corners and it helped, but it's difficult to really tell where the outer edges of this thing are from spot view, top-down isn't so bad but it appears faint against most backgrounds. Currently the rails are .1m square in cross section (about 4"), I can make them bigger, like maybe 1m and they'd show up better (stronger and able to take more abuse too :( ), but I wonder if I'd be giving up accuracy? If I remember correctly an LOD13 square is around 1200m, no? Another problem is that an LOD13 square isn't the same size and shape in Alaska as it is in Panama. Kind of a neat idea with re-positioning the reference point, I'll look into that.The airport is KMYL, McCall, ID. I've narrowed the lights down to LM917160A000202.BGL. Thanks for the heads up on the naming convention, that definitely saved some time. I hadn't viewed the area at night and was surprised to see that the lights were not excluded by the photoscenery as most everything else is. I guess it stands to reason that the objects were still there if they were knocking out the autogen. Fair enough, if this scenery ever sees the light of day I'll just put a notation in the readme about the UT lights and disabling the bgl.Jim

Many thanks for the replies, guys!Posting from cellular mini-browser as I'm still on the road until tomorrow; will reply then, once back at a proper keyboard (...don't know how "Text-ers" can stand using these things!).Regards,GaryGB

LWM3 poly for FS9 requires for each polygon, a min altitude and a max altitude. Then, for each point in the polygon 3 values are needed, corresponding to lat, long, and an 8-bit fractional height (i.e., in 1/256ths) between the max and min alt defined for the polygon. The sdk makes no mention of it, but at least it was always my understanding that the polygon had to be planar. Thus the problem of properly computing the height value at each point. I think SBuilder works by assuming the polygon is a plane, and computing the vertex heights accordingly. Naturally there is no way to do this for a triangle. But playing with simple triangles, I could create one that works by setting the max and min altitudes in the LWM poly properties, then going back and editing the altitudes of the 3 points in my polygon. That seemed to work and the scm file that SBuilder created seemed correct. Note that LWM3 polys are clipped at LOD 13 boundaries, so if your triangle crosses a boundary you will end up with two polygons, one of them 4 sided. scott s..
Hi Scott:I'm refreshing my familiarity with the FS2004 Terrain SDK "Terrain Vector Data.doc"; IIUC, this is the pertinent section with the parameters you are referring to:
"The Sloped LWM Polygon: LWMPoly3 and LWMPoly3ExThe LWMPoly3 structure adds the ability to include height information for each point in the polygon and is normally used for wide river channels that gradually slope downhill. There are two structures to use depending upon the number of points in your polygon:Use LWMPoly3 for polygons with up to 62 points. Use LWMPoly3Ex for polygons with 63 to 191 points. The system cannot handle polygons with more than 191 points. Break these up into smaller polygons.struct LWMPoly3{ UINT8 bPointCount:6; // Up to 62 points UINT8 bReserved:1; // Must be 0 UINT8 bAttrib:1; // Polygon fill attribute, 0 = water, 1 = land SINT16 iMinHeight; // whole elevation in meters of the lowest point SINT8 iMinFraction; // fractional part of lowest elevation in 128ths SINT16 iMaxHeight; // whole elevation in meters of the highest point SINT8 iMaxFraction; // fractional part of highest elevation in 128ths};struct LWMPoly3Ex{ UINT8 bPointCount:6; // Must be 63 UINT8 bReserved:1; // Must be 0 UINT8 bAttrib:1; // Polygon fill attribute, 0 = water, 1 = land SINT16 iMinHeight; // whole elevation in meters of the lowest point SINT8 iMinFraction; // fractional part of lowest elevation in 128ths SINT16 iMaxHeight; // whole elevation in meters of the highest point SINT8 iMaxFraction; // fractional part of highest elevation in 128ths UINT8 bExPointCount; // Number of polygon points = 63 + bExPointCount};The Sloped LWM Point: LWMPoint2Points with height are used to define the vertices of polygons using method 3. The origin (0,0) is located at the northwest corner of the area. (255,255) is the southeast corner of the area. The height value is an 8 bit encoding of the range between the minimum and maximum heights of the polygon.struct LWMPoint2{ UINT8 bX; UINT8 bY; UINT8 uHeightIndex;};
PS: I wonder if one can also implement some additional tricks with LWM3 polys like the SDK says we can with LWM2 polys: :( "Specifying No Flattening with Flight Simulator Note: If you do not desire flattening for a particular polygon or data area, use an iHeight value of –9999 and an iFraction value of 0. No flattening info will be applied for a polygon or data area that contains these values."GaryGB