Sign in to follow this  
MMale

Turning without input?

Hi,I normally fly the PMDG 747. I have ActiveSky Evolution and FSX SP2 and some time into the cruise the plane decides to make an insane bank angle. This is when I am flying on a straight track (which is sometimes for miles). Is there anything I'm doing wrong?Thanks,Michael Male

Hi Michael, Does this happen in just one direction or is it in more of an S-Turn sequence, back and forth, never seeming to get on track?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Michael, Does this happen in just one direction or is it in more of an S-Turn sequence, back and forth, never seeming to get on track?
Yeah in an S-Turn sequence I guess

The main issue for this is normally wind believe it or not. Do you have a registered FSUIPC? It has options to slow weather, baro and wind changes to a set amount of value per second. So flying in FSX you can all of a sudden go from 50kt tailwinds to 50kt headwinds in a fraction of a second or any other combination you can imagine. With the wind smoothing set with FSUIPC (registered version) you can slow this down significantly.Another thing is to make sure you have the crosshairs of the flight director lined up before handing it off to the Autopilot.Last but not least. Make sure your not using a saved default flight with any advanced aircraft such as the queen here or you will experience lots of strange things.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan:I have a quick question on your comment:"Make sure your not using a saved default flight with any advanced aircraft such as the queen here or you will experience lots of strange things"I agree with this (for many aircraft, not just PMDG.I've started to save my flights by changing back to the Cessna before I save/exit.Do you think I should change my aircraft to the PMDG before I click "start flight", or should I start the flight, then change the aircraft once everything is loaded? Does it matter?Curious if it makes a difference.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi Bob, I really don't think it would matter in those cases. A saved flight and saved default are two separate things. I have tons of saved flights with PMDG aircraft and don't normally have any issues with them loading as PMDG aircraft. The problems normally come from say you have a PMDG 747 load when you lauch FSX, then you choose another variation of this or rather proceed to load a saved flight. If FSX has something simple in the Aircraft area when you launch FSX then you should be able to load whatever you'd like and again never had issues this way. There have been times that I flew a flight in something then rather than exiting FSX and restarting it, I just chose another saved flight and then did have problems but that is because of the same type of behavior as the saved default.Hope this helps,

Dan Prunier