Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit

Hello, I'm going on short vacation to Poland, I will fly British airways from jfk. Anyone know if its possible to visit the cockpit now? Thank You Jacek

I am 99.9% sure that the answer on that is going to be a resounding no. Since 911 those doors are going to be shut up tight .. ..

Thanks for reply, do you think they allowed me to take a pic after landing?ThanksJacek

I was hoping that someone else may pick up this thread so that you can get a 100% accurate answer rather than my guesswork. The only thing I can suggest is that you ask the cabin crew, although if you really want a pic then it may be worth seeing if one of them will take it before you take off (or once you have landed). I think that may work better than asking to visit the flight deck yourself.It is of course complete guesswork .. ..

2 years ago i was on a BA747 from Heathrow to Vancouver and I asked the F/A if i can see the office..she said she will ask the captain. 5 mins later she told me taht he will call me up when he's ready. 10 hour flight and I was never called up! :-( Maybe they forgot about me!It never hurts to ask. Try it.Take careMike

Guest Lizardo

Sometimes airlines will have tours for school kids, scouts etc and let them inside a plane that's in for maintenance etc. You might inquire about joining one?

Jacek, It's now against C.A.A. rules to allow any unauthorised persons to the flight deck. Blame the ragheads for this.As far as a picture, I'm not too sure on this one, the only way to find out is to ask once on board.Have a nice tripGeorge

Hi George,I think you have won the award for non-political correctness with that one !!!

Guest Martin

About the same thing happened to me on a LH A340 from Phoenix to Frankfurt about a year ago. I was one of the first people on board, so I asked the flight attendants right at the door if there would be any chance for me to visit the cockpit. They said it would be after takeoff and they would tell me when it was OK.Well, a few hours went by, and I asked. "Not when it's dark outside" was the answer. :-hmmm :-lol Strange... Anyway, I relaxed for a few hours, and asked again well after sunrise. This time the F/A went to the cockpit, came back and said it was OK, and I got to sit in the cockpit for about one hour over the Atlantic and Ireland, until they started serving breakfast.There was also a woman in the other jumpseat who was apparently afraid of flying... So you might try that approach. ;-)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Flyingdutchman

About three week ago I went from Schiphol to Mallorca.Of course as a simmer I wanted to see the cockpit.I asked this nice girl (flight attendend :) ) if could have a look in the cockpit...and she said....no since 11 sept...bla bla....But on the return flight I thought well I could try it again. So we were the first persons to board the 737 and I directly asked the attendend if I could see the cockpit. And she said!! of course...and she asked me if I wanted to be a pilot myself and said yes.And then the door went open OMG :-eek !!!! thats one h*** of an office :D. There was a female captain :-hah.The suprising part was that the MFD's were so big!I hope you're a lucky guy, and get a peek in the cockpit!Regards,Evert

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES! I will try:)))Jacek