Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Respect

I would suggest that the best course of action on this forum would be to RESPECT everyone's opinion on any subject that is discussed. I for one am VERY interested in reading all of the links to the TWA800 crash that Braun Tacon provides, and I would like to thank him for his efforts. Please bear in mind here that he never waffles on about anything in his initial posts. He simply provides links to articles on the topic, nothing more. Arguments only begin when other forum users start criticising posts of this sort.It makes far more sense to keep an open mind regarding a great many subjects.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest mikehaska

True enough, but at what point do you let a topic rest? FS2002 Patch posts have been discussed so much they are deleted on sight. Topics about PT or WAS are usually archived as well. In all topics, there comes a point where all that can be discussed has been discussed, and any more talk on the subject is pointless. We have reached that point with TWA800.We've discussed it many times before, and everyone agreed to let it rest. Even Braun. Certainly the topic could be rediscussed in a few months, but to be constantly bombarded by "TWA800 Updates" gets real old, real fast.If you are truly interested in a topic, then visit the sites on your own, or ask Braun to email the links to you. I don't post topics about aviation photography or real-life aviation much here because I post those at Airliners.net, a more appropriate place. This area is more for FS Hobby (of course, there is wiggle room in the General Forum). Keep in mind there are at least 5-10 TWA800 Update posts which sit unread and unresponded to on the servers, simply because no one cares enough to respond.Let's leave this dog lie.

Guest B1900 Mech

I guess what upsets me is the fact that in aviation there can be no political truths and have safety at the same time. To those people out there, and you know who you are, If you don't educate yourselves because out of fear or whatever, there is no room in aviation for you! For those out there that do not know what a "political truth" is, ITS A LIE!!!!

"Keep in mind there are at least 5-10 TWA800 Update posts which sit unread and unresponded to on the servers, simply because no one cares enough to respond."See Mike...that's the point that eludes you. I never post those links looking for responses, (and btw, they are never unread...and why do you care anyway) they are just informational so others can read and form their own opinions. Not every topic deserves to become a "thread". Then, when you respond, it seems you always attack. Your motivations are unclear to me. If you don't want to read the latest update, then don

Guest mikehaska
http://www.airwhiners.net/800missile.jpgYou know, here's my theory: Braun and Jimmie Morris "B1900 Mech" Driscoll caused the crash. They always try passing the blame off on the government, so as to avoid having themselves investigated...What makes that true? Just because I said so? Because it's on a website? Show me a journal article, or other reputable source backing up your theories. Websites are well and good, but a bad place for factual information.Here's how I see it:-The government can't keep a secret, let alone one encompassing the FAA, NTSB, FBI, Navy, US Government, and everyone else. If there was something fishy, we would have heard of it by now. You can't keep a secret in government. That's a fact. The X-Files are fiction...-A large basis of your defense rests on eyewitnesses. Eyewitnesses are notoriously inaccurate. I would take what they say with a huge grain of salt. To the point where I wouldn't even listen to these people. (Partygoers, drinking, loud music, not paying attention to their surroundings) Suddenly, these are your expert witnesses? Please!-You read what Tom posted when he rebuffed you the first time. I agree with everything he posts. And I find those explainations more credible than what some "Association of Retired Aviation Enthusiasts" posts.B1900Mech... That Orwellian speech you spewed was quite... odd. The entire aviation system is dependent on the government you bash. Maybe it's fitting, seeing as you got your license in 1984! :-lol

Guest SoarPics

Peace, my brothers...:-beerchug

Guest B1900 Mech

Me think's I struck a nerve :) Attack me all you want, I have the satisfaction that I planted seed's of doubt, even if your denial ridden minds can't handle them :)

Guest Scott Campbell

(edited for spelling)I certainly respect all viewpoints on a subject, but as has been stated, this conspiracy subject has been ground into the dust. Braun himself said he would stop.It's simple enough to do a search on TWA 800. If you're interested, you'll have already done so. What bothers me is that out of 113,000 pages listed on Google, and 32,890 pages listed on AltaVista (not counting the endless paid advertised sites), Braun only chooses to post the few links to back his own conspiracy theories.It's not unbiased.It's so difficult for people to just imagine that by a sheer matter of unfortunate events a very large airliner came down - by accident. It's so much easier to envision aliens, or the government, or magic did it. It just feels safer than to think it can happen every second Tuesday.The internet isn't the media. It isn't monitored. It isn't controlled. People can post whatever they want, say whatever they want, do whatever they want.I can find 4,000 Elvis sighting pages alone, and there are thousands of others. Just because it's on the internet, does that make it true?I can prove my Aunt Edna shot John F. Kennedy if I read enough conspiracy sites.Let it rest already.

Guest SoarPics
Cool, Scott... got any links? :-lol Next, you're gonna tell us that your Aunt Edna was Lee Harvey Oswald's mistress (let me guess... she did it out of love :-lol ).

Let me ask you one question Scott?What is the difference when I post a link showing the current news on the TWA800 debate, and when you post here with that banner ad for Radar Contact, and its claim to be the "premier" ATC addon? Why do you have the right to foister that opinion on us, yet I have no right to post topical news?Ludicris argument? My point exactly. You have no argument with me or what I post. You choose to make the non-issue an issue.Best,bt

Guest Scott Campbell

Braun,Actually, you're the first to complain about the RC ad. Noted.