Sign in to follow this  
kantk2008

Wilco Airbus Vol 1 Problems

Hi all,I decided to reinstall my wilco airbus Vol 1 for FS9 after leaving it at the back of my HDD, and it installed fine, except for one big problem. Whenever I turn around the ailerons flutter like mad and the plane goes left and right, sometimes it becomes uncontrollable. I tried disabling the FBW computers using the overhead but that didn't help. I tried installing the latest service pack that changes the AIR and CFG files...it didn't work. The fluttering just doesn't stop and is erratic and random. Any help please? I have Win7 64 Bit. Thanks. The wilco airbus forum is down so I decided to come here :S. Any help at all is appreciated!

Hello, kantk2008!

The wilco airbus forum is down
Wilco does not have a forum. :wink:First of all make sure you install the latest version, which for FS9 Airbus vol.1 is 3c.If you don't have the lateset version, please log into their download section ( http://www.wilcopub...._download_login ) and get it.I don't know if it helps but try for sure. Additionally I see you Have WIndows 7 which, as I read, is giving some trouble to FS addons, so maybe here's the culprit?

Hello, kantk2008!Wilco does not have a forum. :wink:First of all make sure you install the latest version, which for FS9 Airbus vol.1 is 3c.If you don't have the lateset version, please log into their download section ( http://www.wilcopub...._download_login ) and get it.I don't know if it helps but try for sure. Additionally I see you Have WIndows 7 which, as I read, is giving some trouble to FS addons, so maybe here's the culprit?
Thanks for the quick reply :)Yes, I've tried that, but it's still not working :(. This doesn't happen on the ground and about 100 feet after I take off 100+ feet in the air it starts fluttering madly. I've never had this issue before, even on Windows 7 :\ I've also tried reinstalling FSUIPC but it didn't fix the problem.This only happens in this wilco product, not in iFly or PMDG or PSS.

I tried reinstalling it again, it didn't work. Compatibility mode didn't work too. The elevators are working perfectly, everything works, except the aileron. It's not my joystick because all other aircraft work well. Thoughts?EDIT: Just installed Volume 2 and guess what: SAME THING happens!!!! What's going on here??EDIT2:The autopilots work fine for both aircraft. weird

The wilco airbus forum is down
wilco has never had a support forum.feelThere provides a forum for discussion of products developed for wilco. you can find that forum here -http://forum.iemilt.comairbus Q&A is done in the 'developed by feelthere ...' sub-forum.
Whenever I turn around the ailerons flutter like mad
this issue has never before been reported with airbus v1 or v2. the airbus has been available for three years and 11 months (at the time of this post). check that you have correctly set your joystick with the correct 'null space'.be sure your antivirus program is not stopping the program from working or reading each data exchange for 'safety'.be sure that UAC isn't causing your problems.be aware that if you have installed FS into the default win7 'programs' directory you can have all sorts of odd and unexplaned problems.note: win7 seems to be inconsisent and some find problems if running the sim and/or addons in compatibility mode. others find better perforumance run as a win7 program. others find a combination of installs set for the game and/or addons set to compatability and other addons set to 'win7'. some have no problem with UAC on. still a few say they run FS in the win7/programs directory with no issue. welcome to the reality of using a winXP program (FS9) in an OS two generations after release.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Hi all,I decided to reinstall my wilco airbus Vol 1 for FS9 after leaving it at the back of my HDD, and it installed fine, except for one big problem. Whenever I turn around the ailerons flutter like mad and the plane goes left and right, sometimes it becomes uncontrollable. I tried disabling the FBW computers using the overhead but that didn't help. I tried installing the latest service pack that changes the AIR and CFG files...it didn't work. The fluttering just doesn't stop and is erratic and random. Any help please? I have Win7 64 Bit. Thanks. The wilco airbus forum is down so I decided to come here :S. Any help at all is appreciated!
Have you tried deleting your fs9.cfg and let the sim build another one. Then load a MS default AC, then load the Airbus.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Thank you Scoob for this good reply, almost everything is in it. I think the problem comes from the joystick configuration, you should read the corresponding section in the documentation. I know your joystick works fine with every other aircrafts, but only the Wilco Airbus aircrafts have a fly-by-wire system that holds the bank angle when you release the stick. This is why your joystick must be properly calibrated, and I tell you why: the FBW system detects when the stick is released with its position. If it is centered, the FBW understand it is released. Then the system enters in action to hold the bank angle (and same for the pitch with the auto-trim). But if your joystick "makes music", I mean if it sends erratic X/Y position to the PC, the FBW "believes" you constantly move the stick and causes continous aileron movements. I'm 99% sure this is the explanation.Eric

So maybe, in addition to what Eric explains, you can make a little experiment.When being in your airbus please disable your joystick (via the default key assignment for it) and/or even disconnect it physically.If what Eric says is the culprit, I guess you will stop having the problem. Of course it may mean getting a new stick... :(

Thanks for the replies, but I don't think its a joystick issue because the plane taxies fine with the ailerons, no fluttering, and works perfectly below 100 ft RA :S. The moment after I go over 100ft it starts :\.I'll try out the joystick thing though, but I dont think it's that...

Thanks for the replies, but I don't think its a joystick issue because the plane taxies fine with the ailerons, no fluttering, and works perfectly below 100 ft RA :S. The moment after I go over 100ft it starts :\.I'll try out the joystick thing though, but I dont think it's that...
If you go to the Wilco web site there's instructions on how to setup your joystick and whats you need to do in FSUIPC concerning your flight controls.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64