Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

The Ferdy (FSPlanet) Chronicles

Edited to anchor.Folks, excuse what follows, but both Mike Hambly (sound engineer extrodinare) and I felt this string of email from Ferdy had to see the light of day, and for you to judge the character of this guy. Please excuse my total disdain for this guy, but the devil made me do it.This all starts with an email that Mike and I received this afternoon:**********************************************************************Hi, Stay tuned at your post mail next week. A letter from my lawyers in USA will be delivered by DHL to both of you. There's a nice surprise inside. Good luck! Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN Mike's response:Hi FerdyThats great news :-) Assuming you know where I live, and assuming your lawyers letter doesn't mean ##### to me nor will it mean anything to law in my country. I shall take great pleasure in placing it in the bin. Assuming you know where I live, as I moved two months ago :-)One has to assume Avsims stance on piracy has damaged you financially, hahahahahhahaa!!! I hope so at the very least.My response:I look forward to it Ferday.AllensworthFerdy then responds to Mike's message:I see you have good humour and I see you're taking all this not seriously. Your email has been faxed to my representant of my lawyers in USA to see what can they do, to deliver the letter in the right address. (your new address, phone or fax).--------------------------Could you provide me your current address in UK so you will receive the letter from my lawyers? You don't have nothing to hide, isn't? Please report me your address or fax. Your info will be 100% confidential for this matter as it will be provided by email only for my lawyers. All emails are confidential Mr. Hambly and the worst thing you have done is to publish my emails at the forums.-------------------------- P.s. There's no damage financially....I'm sorry but business here are going as good as always...150-170 new First Class members a month with great results, full sponsoring, nice FS market results and even more hits thanks to the free popularity you gave me at the forums. (up to 17,000 uniques a day in August!!!...incredible). Thank you very much Mike... I really appreciate your cooperation and support. Once again you are getting the opposite thing that you're trying to do, like 2 years ago with Spy Software in which you were the only clown here, not me. Sorry...I have to go...I have my little kids around me and also I think it's not productive to talk with you...also prohibited by my lawyers...they say I talk too much. They will contact with you directly, if they can. If you hide, I think it would be worse for you... I don't know. Tomorrow I have a meeting in Bilbao (Basque Country) with a Flight Sim club so I have to wake up soon. Have a good night and good dreams...if you can. Don't need to replay this email. You must talk directly with my lawyers. Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN Ferdy then sends ME an email with Mike's response:Tom, This is the answer from Hambly about the email I've sent.-------------------------------------------------Hi FerdyThats great news:-) Assuming you know where I live, and assuming your lawyers letter doesn't mean ##### to me nor will it mean anything to law in my country.I shall take great pleasure in placing it in the bin. Assuming you know where I live, as I moved two months ago:-)One has to assume Avsims stance on piracy has damaged you financially, hahahahahhahaa!!! I hope so at the very least.------------------------------------------------- This email has been faxed to my representative (lawyers) in USA a few minutes ago. I warned both of you cause my lawyers have enough material to drive us to the court (as they report me), and that's the reason of waiting for the last two months.....getting more and more material and proofs of the boycott. I will stop my lawyers to send the letter until I receive the new address of Mr. Hambly, as I requested him by email to deliver the letter safely. As soon as I receive the address of Mr. Hambly, I'll give "green light" to my lawyers. Thank you! Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN Then I respond:What a joke Ferdy. I look forward to hearing from your lawyers! Send them on! You have to wait for Mike's address in order to have them contact me? Here don't let that stand in your way: Tom AllensworthXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCharlottesville, Virginia 22911USA Please don't hesitate on Mike's account. Hope you have deep pockets Ferdy! LOL AllensworthFerdy then responds to my post:Yes Tom, I know how much costly are them, as I've spent $350 only for the letters and make them ready. Don't worry...I have another $14,000 ready and it's not a joke. No...I want to get both issues together. Please be patient. Thank you. Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN In the meantime, Ferdy responds to Mike:Sorry....yes...answer this email.... with your post address. Thank you! Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN Finally, I loose it... :-lol What idiot you are Ferdy. Your miniscule $14,000 won't even begin to get you where you need to be. Try $60,000 or $70,000 as upfront money just to have them START a lawsuit. And factor in your airfare and expenses to get here in a Virginia court (we are a Virginia Corporation, and you will have to sue us in Virginia, not to mention the cost of bringing in witnesses, etc etc..), and you have a long way to go, dude. I can't believe you are that pathetically ignorant, but then you are the person who hasn't paid a bit of attention to the very community you want to serve. Dumb as a rock, aren't you? I think your lawyers know a good thing when they see it. Pluck you of your money and when it runs out (very quickly I might add), you are hung out to dry with nothing to show for it but an empty pocket. Good luck amigo. I wish you well. AllensworthFerdy responds with:Just wait the letter...and we will see who will pay the lawyer's invoice.....and damage's demand......just wait the letter.... I'm forced to said you that your email (including insults) has been faxed to my lawyers. Thank you for this good "add-on" material!=) Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN And the devil just continues to make me do it:You're welcome Ferdy. What "damage demands"? You prepared to show in court the "damages" you have suffered in light of the letter you just sent Mike telling him how well you are doing? Good! Love it! Fax this to your lawyer too! I look forward to receiving a subpoena from a recognized Virginia court. Until then, I will just ignore your lawyers while you spend all that money of yours. Oh and don't forget, you will have to do the same in the UK. Hope you have a rich uncle. AllensworthFerdy's somewhat weak response:yes yes... Thank you. Ferdy Serena Executive Director of FSPLANET.COM ferdy@fsplanet.com http://www.fsplanet.com/ Valencia-SPAIN ********************************************************************And that is where it ends folks (at least for tonight). Note any contradictions in all of this pathetic scene? Your (non-profane) comments are welcome. :)I will just say this as my conclusion; it is amazing to me how some people in this world refuse to take any responsibility for their actions and deeds. They lay the blame off on others, and expect the world to just roll over. Sorry, that is not how I was raised and that is not how I live my life. Ferdy is apparently a very arrogant individual who appears to have swallowed a significant amount of his own "bath water" as we say. Sincerely... Good luck Ferdy. You are a very deluded kind of guy and I very much look forward to hearing from your "lawyers". :)I also think I just insulted a whole bunch of rocks. :-lol

Ah....................... kind of makes my "grass bait" non-serious stuff doesn't it! :) (only Tom would understand) :)L.Adamson

I would love to meet any lawyer who is desperate enough to sabotage his career that he would defend that slime. Personally I would love to see what his lawyers come up with, they'll probably trump up some phony claims that make absolutely no sense. Keep us posted though.Scott

Guest SoarPics

From Ferdy:"I have another $14,000 ready and it's not a joke."He, he, he...Okay, Ferdy, you've shown just how limited your intelligence truly is :-lol. Get a grip on reality, son. You're a thief, and everybody who has spent any time in this hobby knows that.Oh, and I'm in California. Are you gonna turn your lawyers loose on me, too. I'm self employed, and my business is worth... well, substantially more than $14,000, so maybe you can come after me.Thanks for the entertainment, Tom and Mike.Regards,

Just one question....i heard this somewhere and i'm not sure if its true! lol.....did he release a JAL 744 with the "Disney Sea," paint scheme on it? Because if he did....I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DISNEY DID NOT AUTHORIZE THAT PLANE TO BE UPLOADED AT ALL!!! And if its true that he did that......well i have a father who's the Senior Vice President of the Walt Disney Enterprises and he would JUST LOVE to send a DISNEY ENTERPRIZES lawsuit to HIS door! THat would shut him up....and down at the same time :-lol !!!

Hey, those are best kinds of client on a slow day. Usually, the guy goes to a High Street practice, where they offer free initial advice. Obviously, our guy gets booted out of the door fairly quickly (after all, the solicitor doesn't want to waste his time on a complete non-starter). But our man is not going to take this, so he threatens to go to a 'proper' lawyer and , fortunately, sometimes even does so. And here comes the fun part. In walks our guy, sits down to rant about the inadequacies of his former lawyer, before even presenting his case (At this point I have no idea what he's talking about). Finally, he presents his case, usually ending with 'How much do you think WE can sue him for?' (I always like the 'we' bit) Short answer, obviously, 'Nothing'. Now, in full accordance with my firm's statutes, this was a full-blown consultation (starting at GBP75 per 30min). For that money, he's obviously entitled to be informed of the outcome of the consultation in writing. So I write a nice letter, ending in the words 'After careful consideration of the facts presented to me today, I conclude that the proposed case is completely devoid of merit and warrants no further action. I have pleasure in enclosing my firm's bill for...'This brightens up a dull day no end, and provides a few amusing anecdotes to tell your friends and family...Cheers,Gosta.

Well done Tom and Mike..I like how both of you responded to his little tantrum!! Rememebr to speak in plain english..don' use any big words with people that have an IQ equal to their shoe size!If he is going to sue you and Mike for damages...then the whole sim community should sue him for damages he caused to us as a whole..especialy the authors who had their files stolen What a sissy! 175 new members a month...HAHAHAHHA!! What a joke!! I think it's something like 175 new dead brain cells every month that he gets.You know what Freddy's is known as in the FS community?...The Village Idiot!!!!! Please keep us updated on what happens with Mr. Village IdiotTake careMike

Guest Scott Campbell

Tom,Bwahahahahahahahahaha.Wow, I needed that. What a loser he is. When people find you out, threaten with lawyers (cheap ones at that!), with absolutely nothing to back anything up. I'd LOVE to see that letter. Perhaps it's a love note to You and Mike. He can't possibly have anything else to say. "Dear Tom and Mike, when you found me out that I was pirating clearly marked and documented copyright freeware, I have lost business. Please desist or I shall cry."I mean, what could he possibly say? It wasn't you guys to point out this criminal, it was the victims!I am greatly amused with your responses and his total back-down when his bluff wasn't even sneezed at.I'd say the many, many people he's stolen from will have many, many things to say if he seriously wants to go broke in courts.Wow...what a loser.:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol $14,000 :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolGood one.

Guest devaio

Ferdy is a retard i hope he spends away all his money so he'll close fsplanet or lands in jail.

I had tears in my eyes laughing at this as I read it! This was funnier then the sitcoms that were on TV tonight! Unreal!!!!! Maybe in Spain $14,000.00 is a lot of money. Here it's chump-change. That's 2 GOOD weeks in Disney World! LOL!Don

Him and the infamous Peter T. should right a book. The title would read "Webmasters and Developers..when the brain stops working".

Eric 

Guest mikehaska

With great respect to everyone, I can't see how you can laugh.Hearing him say how many members he has (I'm sure he's exaggerating, but still) and hearing him talk about how much money he has made off everyone's backs, and how he doesn't take this seriously mades me very angry and dissapointed.I am so frustrated with this scum I'm sick to my stomach. I truly hope you guys go to court so you can take that *&$(*&^$@ to the cleaners.Tom, thanks for pursuing this, and letting everyone see it. I hope you keep us posted on how everything turns out!EDIT: Don't forget, our beloved Lago, who is still sponsoring Ferdy. I was very critical of Lago's post saying that they would "investigate any concerns of piracy" and it turns out that Lago feels it's right to support them. That's BS and Lago is disgusting for continuing a business relationship with them. I say boycott. If you're not with us, you're with him.(Sorry for sounding harsh, but Lago had plenty of time to cut contact with Ferdy, but they still sponsor his illegal activities. Disgusting.)

same with eDimensional...they sponsor Freddy and I showed them evidence of his piracy that i got from people at AVSIM but they continue to sponsor him. I will not support a company who supports Freddy anymore.Take careMike

Guest SoarPics

I've chosen the same path, Mike.Of course eDimensional tried to sell me their products direct, saying I need not buy from Ferdy's site. I received an email from them saying they were "investigating" piracy issues at FSPlanet. Jeez, what's to investigate? How much evidence does it take? Their spin control is not unlike others', though. It's all about the marketing. For each one of us who are angry and concerned for the future of the hobby, there are dozens (if not hundreds) unwitting new community members who will buy the products advertised at Ferdy's site. In the end though, the community will succeed in eliminating guys like Ferdy, as well as those who support them.And so be it. These companies have made their choices, let them live with the consequences.Regards,

Go Tom!!!!!!Hey need a witness? its only a few hour drive form here to Virginia....maybe 1 hour in a cessna 172SP (that i can rent out with instuector :-lol)behind ya all the way Tom!I was in cracking up tears reading ferdys responses, $14,000??? LOLI saved that much money up in the last 4 years(just from chores and stuff!) (its to buy a plane (cessna 172SP Skyhawk) when im older :) )*Chuckle* *Chuckle*