Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Presidential Fly-By

My home happens to be fairly close to a mid-major airport, about 1.5 miles off the threshold and only a few hundred feet off the extended centerline.I honestly think I am one of the only people in the neighborhood who actually ENJOYS living here. (So much for my resale value)Anyway...This puts me in a decent spot for some day-to-day airplane spotting, but today's quarry was special indeed! ~~~~She appears over my neighbor's house...

p972637856-2.jpgPassing through 400' AGL, I get a great view of her...

p575093462-4.jpg

p729978059-4.jpg

p693134393-4.jpgA two-pace jog to the side, I catch her settling in below the trees landing...

p926955725-2.jpg

Wow, now that's a nice vantage point! DId you know AF1 was coming, or did you just happen to catch it? I like where I live too, as I get to watch Space Shuttle and Rocket launches from my backyard! We have a busy week coming up, with the Space Shuttle Discovery launch (STS-133) this Monday and a Delta IV Heavy rocket launch on Thursday!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

As you might imagine, the local press was all aflutter about the President's visit. I very much knew he was coming in, and knowing the wind was in my favor I paid close attention to when he was supposed to be coming in.A little scanner listening later, I was in my backyard at the "10 mile final" call and got the shots!Much fun!