Sign in to follow this  
Guest BRISTOL86

Routes by Airline and Type

Guest BRISTOL86

Hi All Not sure if you can help me, but I’m looking for a resource whereby I can choose an airline and type…i.e. “Scandinavian Airlines / B737” and have it return routes that the airline operates with that particular type. Being a bit of a realism nerd I don’t like to fly routes in a type that the airline doesn’t actually operate. I know this info can be pieced together from various sources, airline websites, flight stats websites etc. but it would be brilliant if there was somewhere that I could get this info all in one. I know of Flight Aware which is quite useful but a lot of the airports I like to fly (Western/Eastern European) don’t seem to have much info on them and only show a very small selection of the flight operated in and out of them. Any help much appreciated!Martin

Well...it's a bit convoluted, but have you thought of decompiling one of the WOAI packages?Might not be "realworld" enough for you, but you'll have a flightplan for a specific aircraft.

I'm afraid there is no one tool or source which will give you that info in a glance.The reason might be airlines do change their equipment on the same routes quite often, depending on the number of passengers, for instance.There are a few options 'around' if you want to try them:1. Check a flight in the timetable at an airline website. Sometimes they show the aircraft type (but sometimes not).Look at a fragment of the Lufthansa timetable (here you can even download it as a PDF file):timetable.jpgBTW: The diamond star at the flight number suggests in this case it is opeater by a partner airline, SAS in this case2. There are sites searching for flights, e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity or TripAdvisor. They usually give you the type. Here's an example from Expedia:expedia.jpg

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but after years of trying to do exactly what you're trying to accomplish, I found this place:http://www.air-source.us/Default.aspThey fly real world schedules for all of the worlds airlines (as far as I can tell), all over the globe, which are updated constantly. They also do scheduled flights for airlines no longer in business under their "classic" division. Since there are no real qualification requirements or minimum flight hours, I joined up. I've now flown almost 5,000 hours with them inside of two years (!) and have never regretted my decision for a moment. Hope this helps.

Guest BRISTOL86

Thanks everyone, but special thanks to Trelane - that's absolute gold! Have signed up straight away!

Guest BRISTOL86

Thanks Boeingsta.I am thinking about the PSS but think I might go for the Wilco/FeelThere Airbus Vol 1 instead as I tend to only do flights of about 2-4 hours, i.e. short hops in the US and Europe so don't think I'd get too much use out of the 777 as I like to fly realistic routes!