Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Problem with paint tutor site M.Dainow

Leen,I have used Morgan Dainow's tutor which is your recommended tutor before, maybe a year or longer ago, I used it without problems.But now the site has many "pop-up" advertising (girls talking etc.) that covers the tutor text and then tutor's text cannot be read.The ads are very distracting when trying to learn how to paint.Also, some ads will not let you "escape" or close them and they LOCK up the PC forcing a reboot.Maybe this site needs re-evaluation as a true training aid?I have a screenshot of the problem ad that caused the PC to lock up and the problem site for your and AVSIM's management review.Prob-site.jpgProbAd.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan,I am afraid Mr Dainow moved his site to another server.It very well possible to visit his site wihout major problems.Adjusting your "pop-up settings" in your browser will do the trick.All those advertisemens on so called free-webspace is very irritating and we cannot get rid of all that commercial trash.No doubt Mr Dainow will read this post shortly and we only can hope he`ll move the website to a less agressive provider.Best regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen,I do not have this problem on other sites.Yes, I see ads once in a while but they do not stop me from viewing data and working.And, they do not LOCK UP my PC.Maybe you have another "beginners" tutor that could be used.I will not log into that site again because my PC (and other peoples PCs) will have problems.

Best Regards,

Yesterday-evening I visited the tutorial and gave it a try.OK there were some adverts, wich could be clicked away without any problems.I visited the site using three different computers and three different browsers. (IE ,Opera and Firefox)There ware no specific problems and no pages or programs screwing up my computers.Leen de JagerPSSee the Painting FAQ`s for other tutorials if you like.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen,It is very comforting to know you personally did not have a distracting AD that could not be closed and did not lock up your PC.But, that was not my experience, as I mentioned in my first post.IMO, your first response to this topic said it best:"All those advertisemens on so called free-webspace is very irritating and we cannot get rid of all that commercial trash.No doubt Mr Dainow will read this post shortly and we only can hope he`ll move the website to a less agressive provider."

Best Regards,

Yes my first reaction saying I dislike pages with this advertising-crap was very to the point.It was however (imho) helpfull to do some testing and making sure those nasty pop-ups can be handled by the settings of the various browsers.In others words advise you to experiment with your browsersettings.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints