Sign in to follow this  

What is the Longest Flight You have been on Airline or

Around 15 hrs, LA - Sydney. I wish the real planes had a 16x option :-lolFirst time I went to the US I flew Brisbane to Sydney to Los Angeles to St Louis in one go. Then coming back I went Houston to St Louis to Los Angeles to Sydney to Brisbane in one go. Never ever again!

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Here is one for you guys. One of my longest flights was on Eastern Airlines (I hope you all remember them!!) in an Airbus A300-B4. The flight was from KATL-KEWR. What? You say. That is only 2hrs or so. Correct but here is the rest of the story. Taxied out to the runway. Only we went to some far off taxiway and stopped and waited. Then we waited some more. Finally, the captain gets on after about 30mins and says that due to severe weather over the New York area, all 3 airports up there are closed and we are on a ground hold. So we waited some more. An hour later, the captain gets back on and says that we are still on a ground hold and now ATC cannot advise how long. We can't go back to the gate because they are all full (back before there was a Terminal E) due to the New York area still being closed and no where for anyone to go. So the fire up a movie and start serving dinner right there on the taxiway. 2 movies later, we are still sitting there. By now the food is gone and the drinks are getting low. I walked up to the lavatory by the cockpit and the pilots are kicked back and relaxing (I could swear the first officer was asleep). Through the cockpit windows I saw a Delta L1011 sitting in front of us. The captain said there was 2 more jets behind us as well. Finally, 6 hours later, we get a gate assignment and taxi back to the terminal. They restock the aircraft and finally we are on our way to KEWR. A 2 and a half hour trip turned into a 11 hour trip.

Eric 

Guest saudi_777

My longest ever flights that I've ever flown on were from Jeddah OEJN to New York KJFK, and then the flight back from New York KJFK to Jeddah OEJN, each flight lasting 12.5 hours, and each flight on a Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747-400. I actually can't stand sitting in my seat all that flight time, so every now & then I get up and walk around the cabin, especially during the middle of the flight when they place several self-serve food carts for the passengers which contain different sandwiches & drinks. Of course the excellent Saudi Arabian Airlines entertainment system, service and meals make up for the 12.5 hours! :D Did you know that this flight is the only airline route in the world which flies over 4 continents? First we fly over the Arabian Peninsula (part of Asia), then Egypt (Africa), then various European countries like Italy and the UK, then after crossing the Atlantic the plane flies over the Canadian coast and finally we arrive at New York. 12.5 hours on a 747-400 is cool!! :-kewlHappy landings,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

Close to a tie for me---one was a flight from Frankfurt, flying N/S into Dallas on a DC10--did that one in '87. The other was a flight from Tokyo to SFO on a 747, back in '92. The Tokyo flight seemed a bit longer--somewhere around 12 hours. My longest "day" of flying was a series of flights in '77. Took off from Munich, then flew to Vienna in a super DC8 charter. Left Vienna, then stopped to refuel in Shannon, Ireland, then stopped to refuel again in Gander, Newfoundland. After landing in JFK, connected on a 707 to DFW, then finally returned to SFO on a 727. Well over 24 hours of flying, with very few breaks in between...-John

New York JFK to Madrid Barajas and back. It was a little over seven hours (I don't remember exactly...it was ten years ago) in a TWA 747.Garrick

Singapore to Paris13 hours 15 minutesQuit long indeedCheersMinos

Guest KD Larsen

Now now, Denmark is not that bad, I live there :-hahAnyway, my longest flight time was something like 36 hours including stopovers. I flew SYD-SEL-FRA-CPH, and since we arrived from Sydney in the weeeee of the morning, we had to wait a few hours at SEL (BEFORE, Incheon was built, Kimpo is _booooriiinnggg_) before boarding the flight to FRA where I had to wait a few more hours (the original flight was full, so I had to wait 2 hours for the next one).When I finally arrived back home, I went straight to bed and slept for 15 hours, as I don't sleep onboard aircrafts.. Not that I can't sleep, I just don't wanna miss anything.The longest virtual trip I've done was an around the World for my old VA. It went: CPH-BKK-SYD-HKG-YVR-AMS-CPH, all done in some 57 hours.

Well, the longest non-stop would have been EKCH-KLAX, around 11 hours.Longest travel time wold have been: Pralin to Mah

Guest KD Larsen

Sven, I presume that the LAX flight was on a SAS flight, but which of their aircrafts was it on? I seem to recall that they flew the DC-8, DC-10 and B742 there.

HiHere is one for you! and kid's don't try this one at home. I was on a buisiness trip to Asia! trip back was Taipai, Hong Kong, Vancouver, Ottawa, Halifax, all in the same day. Left Taipai on a friday AM arriving Halifax 11:45 PM the same day so basically a full 24hrs of being on planes! talk about jet lag, took almost 5 days to recover!!!!RegardsWayne CYHZAnd yes it was a very successfull trip but I will definately not fly all the way back home next time without a day break in Vancouver!!

My longest flight for me was from ewr newark airport in new jersey to Honolulu International Airport in hawaii about 10 hour trip on my fav aircraft Continental airlines Dc 10-30 and i went 2 times on that trip :) the good old days :D

Don't laugh, but only 4 hours St. Louis to Seattle...Jason

Hi,I've flown it on both DC10-30 and 767. Yup, SAS all the way (it WAS duty travel :)BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH