Sign in to follow this  

What is the Longest Flight You have been on Airline or

Guest Vulcho

10.5 LA-Frankfurt in Lufthansa 744However, the 8.5 return flight from Frankfurt to Washington Dulles on the United 772 seemed endless. I will avoid flying United again-worst airline I've ever flown on. (just my opinion)http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif

Guest Muppet22

Charter flight (crammed like sardines) 11 hoursGatwick - SanfordOn a Monarch DC10Never again!!

The longest real-life flight for me was SFO to Singapore with a stop over in Hong Kong. Did that several times (round trips of course) for work. Don't remember how long it was but it felt like it would never end. Watch a movie, eat, sleep--still on the plane--watch a couple more movies, eat some more, take a nap--still on the plane--watch some more movies, play some video games...The longest trip overall was from Singapore to SFO. After the stop over in Hong Kong, we were in the air for maybe an hour when the plane suddenly took a huge dip! A minute later, the pilot comes on the overhead and says that what we felt was him turning off one of the engines. Something came apart inside and just tore it up so he had to shut it down. (This was a B747)So, we headed to Narita, Japan for an emergency landing. It was the first one I had experienced. The pilot announced that there would be a lot of emergency vehicles approaching the runway but not to be alarmed because it was standard procedure. Sure enough, as we crossed the threshold, there were lots of pretty lights heading our way (it was night already).The landing was just fine and we got put up in a hotel. We were there for a couple of days because, since it was Christmas, there weren't any extra planes to take us home. We had to wait for someone to bring in a replacement engine!Needless to say, people were a bit apprehensive to get back on the plane, but we all made it just fine.

Real World: Lajes, Azores to NYC (Idylwild) in a MATS C-54. About 14 hours, as I recall.Virtual: I discovered quite by accident that the PMDG 777-200IGW in Fly!2K could get up to 56,000 ft once a few tons of fuel was burned off. So I launched from KLAS with full fuel and no payload, routing SE Asia, Ceylon, the Med, mid-Florida, KLAS...nonstop. I zzz'd out shortly before making the North American landfall, and when I woke up was over southern Vancouver, but had enough fuel to turn back and make KLAS no sweat.Longest practical Virtual: Durban, South Africa to KLAS, PMDG 777 with Fly!II and 45,000 lbs. payload.- Dave Reed

My longest in RW was a Challenger 604 maui to Indianapolis8:15 and had 1:15 fuel left on board.bobgBTW Cannot get nav or comm radios to work on the 747-400 panel that you put out, can you help Scott?

Guest Scott Campbell

Bob,Make sure you are using the 2K2 panel, and that you set the radios section in the aircraft.cfg file as the readme instructs.You shoul have the following:&l;Radios&r;// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 0Com.2=0, 0Nav.1=1, 0, 1Nav.2=1, 0, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1If you still have problems, e-mail me and I'll help you sort it out.

Scott: cannot get an email for you that will go through.Have radio insert in the a/c, your panel aliased to it but no joy.bobg425@bellsouth.netbob

For me it would be London Heathrow to Sydney, Australia, via Frankfurt and a brief refueling stop of about 3 hours in Singapore. The stop at Frankfurt was to meet up with my father, who was travelling from Manchester, England. Discounting the hour or so hop from London, we took about 26 hours for the trip, the longest leg obviously being Frankfurt - Singapore at about 16 hours.

My longest flight was from Stockholm to Barbados with stops in Norway-Oslo and Canada-Gander. The flight took about 17 hours in a MD-83.There was no radio or music on that flight.....Cee_Bee

Guest Delta_747

My longest flight was Portland-Tokyo Narita in early September 2000 on a Delta MD-11.This was the flight that sparked my Avation love so to speak. If I wouldn't have gone on that I probly wouldn't have even loved planes as much as I do.