Sign in to follow this  
Guest morpheous

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Guest morpheous

Has anyone had any luck identify what the conflict is between FSX and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllI've been getting many CTD's with the above module being at fault, I do have add on scenery and go flight modules but I've only recently seen this when I added the GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant, could hardware be the problem? Then again it still happened even when I unplugged it.Any help would be appreciated.thanks

Do you by any chance have an Asus Sound Card installed. I had an issue which related to UAC and files in the SysWOW64 folder. Doing the UAC thing (allow this program to run and do not ask this question again thing) on the folder/files sorted it out.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I've got the same problem for a few days with UAC turned off.Any other suggestions are welcome.Thx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest firehawk44
I've got the same problem for a few days with UAC turned off.Any other suggestion are welcome.Thx!
I personally think it's a hardware problem, possibly overclocking too much creating an unstable system, incompatible device drivers. However, one individual in a previous post deleted the UIautomation.dll(against my strong recommendation not to delete a system dll) and that fixed his ntdll.dll problem - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/319114-help-me-please/ . I also posted a couple of external links that might help you further investigate this problem with the computer system only YOU know. In the event you did too much tweaking of your FSX.cfg, I would first rename it or back it up in case this doesn't fix the problem, and then restart fsx and let it rebuild. If the problem goes away, then you know where to further investigate what "tweak" caused it.Best regards,Jim

I personally think it's a hardware problem, possibly overclocking too much creating an unstable system, incompatible device drivers. However, one individual in a previous post deleted the UIautomation.dll(against my strong recommendation not to delete a system dll) and that fixed his ntdll.dll problem - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/319114-help-me-please/ . I also posted a couple of external links that might help you further investigate this problem with the computer system only YOU know. In the event you did too much tweaking of your FSX.cfg, I would first rename it or back it up in case this doesn't fix the problem, and then restart fsx and let it rebuild. If the problem goes away, then you know where to further investigate what "tweak" caused it.Best regards,Jim
Thanks for your answer Jim.Actually my o/c is very stable (Prime95 for 12 hours, OCCT and Memtest ok) and temps are very acceptable.You are right, I won't recommend deleting a system dll and I won't try doing it.I've made a long search on various tech forums but didn't find an answer yet.Rebuilding the cfg was the first thing I did to no avail.I keep on investigating.Best,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I too, am having CTD's every time when flying ATC. After about 30mins to 1-3 hours, FSX crashes. One time it pointed to a terrain.dll and several other times, with the info attached below. I am getting so frustrated I cannot enjoy FSX anymore. The FSX crash happens when my pc is in overclock and default config, with third party A/C and default. I have so many addons installed I hate to have to start all over again. I hope someone can make a suggestion I have not tried.ThanksLog Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 1/5/2011 12:30:32 AMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: PENTIUM4Description:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29cException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x0002e25bFaulting process id: 0x440Faulting application start time: 0x01cbac9b5ea38bfcFaulting application path: D:\FSX\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dllReport Id: 4b2b4b5d-1895-11e0-ae2e-485b3944fdc1Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-05T06:30:32.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>26324</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>PENTIUM4</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>ntdll.dll</Data> <Data>6.1.7600.16559</Data> <Data>4ba9b29c</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>0002e25b</Data> <Data>440</Data> <Data>01cbac9b5ea38bfc</Data> <Data>D:\FSX\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data> <Data>4b2b4b5d-1895-11e0-ae2e-485b3944fdc1</Data> </EventData></Event>

ntdll.dll related CTD are the hardest things to troubleshoot.They could be caused by an unstable overclock (as Firehawk44 outlined above), or a bug in any software loaded in memory, including drivers.The best way IMHO is to proceed by elimination.Run your system at stock speed with no tweaks to Fsx.cfg, on standard FSX scenery, with go-flight software un-installed (not just the module unplugged). We know that this configuration should be fine. If it isn't you probably have a serious problem with video or sound drivers, if not some serious issue with hardware.Assuming you can run that for an hour or so, next install the go-flight software (make sure you have the latest). If at that point you are getting CTDs you know for sure they are Go-flight related (software or hardware? I am not sure you can tell without trying the Go-flight hardware on another machine)Gerald R.

Guest firehawk44

I finally got this NTDLL.DLL CTD (first time ever). I got mine after installing a couple of FSDT's airports (PHNL and KLAS). I had them installed since they first came out but I recently had to reinstall everything as my main HD crashed and I had to replace it. The installs went well and I successfully activated the scenery but when I went to the airports, I received the CTD. Sometimes I got the CTD's when I first started FSX, sometimes when I got to the scenery. I saw that there was a later version of the Addon Manager on the FSDT website and downloaded it and installed the program then restarted FSX and tried to go to an airport. Again I got a CTD with the NTDLL as the culprit. This time I uninstalled the Addon Manager in the ADD/REMOVE Program section of Windows 7. Got several messages this was going to render my FSDT airports useless but continued with the uninstall. I then reinstalled the latest version of the Addon Manager and now I have no more CTD's. So I think you have to look at when the first NTDLL CTD's started and figure out what was installed when they first started. Check for updates to the product on the appropriate website and then reinstall. In your case you might uninstall the GoFlight modules and restart FSX and see if you continue to get the crashes. If you do not, then you'll know what caused the problem and you can start looking for an update. And, if you have the FSDT scenery installed, that is probably the culprit causing your crashes and not the GoFlight module. Hope this helps for you.Best regards,Jim