Sign in to follow this  
copilot767

Use Radar Contact with REX 2

Hello...I considering of buying Radar Contact version 4.3..But Im in a doubt... Can I use RC with the REX2 weather engine ?I only fly the new airbus from Aerosoft Airbus X, does RC work with that plane ?Or is RC version 5 very close ?, and I wait to this, instead of buying RC 4.3...Chris from Denmark

I can tell you that there are no conflicts between REX and Radar Contact as I use both programs. You just have to make sure that you reset your traffic after REX is done loading the weather so Radar Contact chooses a good runway.

The only conflict that I can think of with the Airbus X might be the RC copilot optionally flying the aircraft. That only works if the Autopilot/MCP uses the standard FSX interface conventions, not proprietary ones.RC Auto-tune communications and copilot handling the comms should not pose a problem as those are rarely non-standard interfaces.

When you first load a flight AI starts up right away using the default weather or the weather saved with the flight following the patterns indicated. It takes a REX a while to modify the FS weather and for FS to process it. By refreshing the AI they restart with the correct traffic patterns. I also found out that it speeds up refreshing the ATIS to the modified weather.I don't know if RC allows the AI traffic density custom toggle tool in FSUIPC additional key function settings. I have my FS9 paid registration FSUIPC function to toggle between 0 and 100% traffic density which causes the AI to refresh. If you are in FSX I don't think that toggle is available as such. In either FS you can refresh the AI easily by advancing the FS time by just a minute I believe and you'll see the traffic bar appear as it reloads.See if REX2 offers that function in its options to refresh AI at the completion of writing to the FS weather engine.After refreshing the AI just wait a couple of minutes for the arrivals to occur and the taxi outs to get partway to the runway so they are stable and RC will look at the patterns and weather to assign you to the correct runway.

How do you exactly mean RESET traffic?