Sign in to follow this  
Walouigi

Almost every flight Go aroud

Hi JD,I just reinstalled RCV4, and since then, almost every flight I get the go around upon every approach, even if there is nothing in front of me.Is there a way to amend this setting.Thanks in advanceHani

Hi JD,I just reinstalled RCV4, and since then, almost every flight I get the go around upon every approach, even if there is nothing in front of me.Is there a way to amend this setting.Thanks in advanceHani
Hi Hani,if you're being instructed to go-around it's because RC has detected an aircraft on the active runway. It's not a setting that can be changed.If you're certain that is not the case you should follow the steps to creating a log and send it to JD.Have you run MakeRunnways after the reinstall?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Make sure that Makerwys.exe in your FS folder is version 4.41 or better and if not install a newer version and rebuild your RC scenery database.Make sure Interact with AI is enabled in RC so it can freeze runway encroaching aircraft from taxiways while you are on final. If you have a TCAS in your aircraft check on separation from landing aircraft in front of you (even if they are not visible) so they have time to exit the runway. Infrequently depending on the scenery and traffic density AI traffic can get stuck on the runway from either exit backups due to lack of parking, or faults in the taxiway links.Try planning a destination to a less busy airport for testing.As Ray stated, if not better, create a log per the instructions at the forum head.

Hi Ray and Ronzie,Thanks so much for getting back to me,So for the DB, yes I have rebuild the DB after install, and I can see that RCV4 is reading it. My RCV4 is running on wide FS, but the FS9 drive is mapped properly, so no issue there, and the interact with AI is also checked.I will need to check my TCAS to make sure there is nothing there, but I have checked on my FS commander moving map, and normally there is nothing, but I will confirm that.Other wise I will send JD a log as you guys suggested.Thanks again for your helpHani

Hi Ray and Ronzie,Thanks so much for getting back to me,So for the DB, yes I have rebuild the DB after install, and I can see that RCV4 is reading it. My RCV4 is running on wide FS, but the FS9 drive is mapped properly, so no issue there, and the interact with AI is also checked.I will need to check my TCAS to make sure there is nothing there, but I have checked on my FS commander moving map, and normally there is nothing, but I will confirm that.Other wise I will send JD a log as you guys suggested.Thanks again for your helpHani
Hi Hani,I also run RC4 via WideFS. It might be worth checking that the relevant files are copied from the main FS folder to the data folder in RC. If they aren't then it would explain the problem.Pete Dowson has a free program called TrafficLook that will show you what Ai are doing within a 40 mile range. If you switch it on as you near your destination and switch to Ground View it will show you if any Ai are on your landing runway. I think it's included in the full FSUIPC package as there's no separate download link on his support page. It can also be run via WideFS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Expanding on Ray's reply:Traffic look is no longer bundled with FSUIPC. It is available along with a newer makerwys from this page:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs-1st-november-2010/Put in the NEW makerwys from this same linked page and run the rebuild again. The rc install puts in a much earlier version and runs it but that version has some issues so you need the update and to run the rebuild process again as it fixes some scenery priority issues with add-ons.Traffic Look displays a table of AI actions in a separate window. You can alt-tab between it and RC. I'll be contrary here and say run the initial air and ground view so you can see the aircraft around you landing and on the runway. I'm not sure if the ground view shows aircraft rolling out or stalled on the runway. To see if your RC data was transferred correctly over your network go into RC4\data and check the properties (right click) on r4.csv and a4.csv for the date and time of your rebuild. If they are not current reply here for further assistance.

when you do the rebuild, you are running makerwys.exe manually, on the fs machine, correct? in rc, when you click the rebuild scenery database button, do you answer yes to the widefs question? and you specify the fs directory on the other machine, right?you'll have to make a log, so i can see why you are getting go arounds. are there any comments about how you like your steak dinners? that would be an indication that your gear isn't down.otherwise, make the log, make sure you click the debug button before you load the .plnthen zip up the log, and send it to mejd

What type traffic and what is your density setting? I have UT2, but due to the target framerate thingie my density is pretty thin and I've not had a GO Aroundin ages.I've never seen one that didn't look 'legit' to me either, could be something on the ground further down the runway maybe?? You might just try turning trafficOFF and see that everything works then :)Used to get them all the time due to very dense traffic and the FSX bogus AIthat stacks them ridiculously close together :)Happy landings!!

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

The freeware AI Smooth v. 1.20 (aismooth_v120.zip) from the FSX Utilties library (works in FS9 also) can be used to separate incoming AI. I recommend not enabling User Plane Response in it and do not enable any of its voice options as this could interfere with RC. You set the separation in time and incoming AI will be placed in clustered holding patterns to maintain your settings.heck the now included manual. It will register itself with FSUIPC (no cost to you) just like RC.

. . .Used to get them all the time due to very dense traffic and the FSX bogus AIthat stacks them ridiculously close together :)Happy landings!!