Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

No momentum during turns/climb/descent?!

Greetings everyone,I've been away from FS for about 2.5 years now, having in the past been an experienced user of FS2004. I recently reinstalled FSX, and have spent a couple of weeks tweaking and buying a couple of addons. Am very happy with how it looks now, and have been doing some casual simming. However, I have a rather bizarre problem, can't work out whether its just me, or something I've accidently set without realising it.Basically, despite having realism set to as realistic as possible, I am shocked by the lack of momentum during control movements. Every aircraft I have seems to be behaving like an aerobatic aircraft, not in terms of movement rate, but in terms of momentum. If I initiate a turn, climb, descent, then return the stick to neutral, the result is an imediate halt in the movement - obviously in light aircraft this wouldn't be suprising, but I would expect to see continuation of the movement when flying larger aircraft, that may even require control movement in the opposite sense in order to slow the rate of movement from the original direction.I don't believe I'm doing a very good job of describing the problem, so I must apologise - but hopefully someone knows what I mean!My old MS Sidewinder 2 forcefeedback is USB1, so can't use it anymore, and bought a cheaper joystick, which is sadly spring loaded at the base. I'm not sure if this could be affecting the momentum, but am not sure how.Of course it could just be me!Any thoughts on this problem most appreciated!Regards,Al.

Greetings everyone,I've been away from FS for about 2.5 years now, having in the past been an experienced user of FS2004. I recently reinstalled FSX, and have spent a couple of weeks tweaking and buying a couple of addons. Am very happy with how it looks now, and have been doing some casual simming. However, I have a rather bizarre problem, can't work out whether its just me, or something I've accidently set without realising it.Basically, despite having realism set to as realistic as possible, I am shocked by the lack of momentum during control movements. Every aircraft I have seems to be behaving like an aerobatic aircraft, not in terms of movement rate, but in terms of momentum. If I initiate a turn, climb, descent, then return the stick to neutral, the result is an imediate halt in the movement - obviously in light aircraft this wouldn't be suprising, but I would expect to see continuation of the movement when flying larger aircraft, that may even require control movement in the opposite sense in order to slow the rate of movement from the original direction.I don't believe I'm doing a very good job of describing the problem, so I must apologise - but hopefully someone knows what I mean!My old MS Sidewinder 2 forcefeedback is USB1, so can't use it anymore, and bought a cheaper joystick, which is sadly spring loaded at the base. I'm not sure if this could be affecting the momentum, but am not sure how.Of course it could just be me!Any thoughts on this problem most appreciated!Regards,Al.
If you re-install FS9, you'll find the cheap joystick is the cause of your problem.

Cheers

Paul Golding