Sign in to follow this  

Would you be able to land an Airliner in an emergency ?

...That will suffice for me!"Put your money where your mouth is!"I have an hour scheduled in a 777 as PF, and an hour PNF in an Airbus sim in Denver, due to a generous soul (I can only hope he considers me just as generous after I put him through an hour of MY flying ;-) )

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Hi,I'm confident that people with good simulator hand flying skills, and at least some real-world hand flying (even from smaller props) AND extensive knowledge on the type they're trying at the sim center, will have little trouble in flying them using automatics and some probably even hand-fly them alright.I have 8 hours on a levelD 757 sim, 5 hours on a DC9 sim. Once you get the hang of it, it turns from hard to fun :)Tero

PPL(A)

Guest jetstar230

TERO I find it hard to Beleave you did 10 good landings with no flying experiace!!!! I myself fly Real aircraft and I can Honestly say that Landing the Plane is the Hardest part off flying !!! And as Pete said if your got a Cross Wind and you have never flowen a real plane before then your Dead!!! To be realistic about it if you have no real flying experiance your not going to be landing the plane in 1 piece!! Maybe 3 or 4 pieces with most if not all your Passengers Dead!!! thats just for a Light Aircraft!!! for a Heavy No Chance at all!!!!!!

Guest Erick_Cantu

For the love of God, when are you slags all going to learn that you'd wet yourself and crash so we can all move on? This topic has been beaten into the ground enough as-is... :-hah

Guest jetstar230

Just one other thing! Remember Flightsim is not real and it does not get as Real as it gets!! You cant Compare Flightsim to Real Flight!! If you think just beacuse you can fly on flightsim you can fly the real thing then you realy are dreaming!!!!!

Jason,It was very close I didn't bother replying, but I couldn't resist... let me burst the bubble for you.You can NOT tell over the internet what my flying capabilities are.Please don't lecture me about the differences of real flying and flight sims. I have been flying on small props for 16 years. Don't you think I might have "picked up" something during that time on the right seat ? Get realistic, please. When was your first time in the controls ? Last time I was up (3 days ago), I did stalls (yes, can you imagine! and didn't have any help, WOW!), and had a blast. A week ago I did 3 touch and goes (didn't have any help this time either, DOUBLE WOW!, amazing!... no...IMPOSSIBLE!).Please, if you are trying to impress me with your huge experience, or try to raise GA flying to some "celestial" level in difficulty, then I'd suggest you had some difficulties during your own training. Remember Jason, to obtain a glider license (I'm talking JAR world), you need 12 hours of flying time TOTAL. Yes, gliders are real aircraft too, capable of aerobatics some of them. You sound as if flying was impossible to learn.This topic is boring, and has been beaten to death. Some of the people frequenting this forum consider flying UNLEARNABLE without the "official route". These people should perhaps get themselves a brain to think with.Tero

PPL(A)

Correction, 10 hours total to get a glider pilot's license in JAR.In Finnish Air Force the pilots get a PPL equivalent in 25 hours!Something to think about.Tero

PPL(A)