Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovegrolsc

Looking to buy full motion flight simulator

Guest ilovegrolsc

Hi,I am looking to buy a full motion flight simulator. I'm not too picky about which plane it is for, a 737ng or md11 or any airbus or boeing heavy plane would be nice. I'd like one that is what real pilots use for training. I did a google search but i wasn't able to find any. Does anyone know a good manufacturer i could contact? And yes i can afford it, i recently came into a lot of money so lets not discuss price thanks.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Those are all fixed based. The OP asked for a real full motion simulator. Those cost $30 million upwards. Dont want to tell you how to spend your money but if your gonna spend that kinda cash why don't you get your self a type rating and purchase a 'Real' business jet?It kinda reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the guy wins loads of money then spends it all on 1 house made of gold

Rob Prest

Hi,Yes they are. However, once the flight deck is complete you take the fixed base platform and place it on top of a 6 DOF motion simulator at nowhere near the cost of a $30 million dollar sim.I found this full motion platform in about 30 seconds with a google search, I'm sure there are many others available.1. http://secure.simmarket.com/simaviatik-ag-motion-platform-basic.phtml

Those are all fixed based. The OP asked for a real full motion simulator. Those cost $30 million upwards. Dont want to tell you how to spend your money but if your gonna spend that kinda cash why don't you get your self a type rating and purchase a 'Real' business jet?It kinda reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the guy wins loads of money then spends it all on 1 house made of gold

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hey Mike, yep I understand all that, I've always liked to keep an eye on the latest developments for home cockpit builders. However, re-read his post, he's looking to buy a Full motion Simulator that real airline pilots train on, not a fixed base ground school sim or a expensive hombuilt setup.Hense my reply. Anyway I doubt anyone who had that kinda money would come onto Avsim and say he's tried to buy one by using Google.Regards

Rob Prest

Hi,Well, if he's come into "THAT" kind of money, God bless him. If it were me, and it will be in the not to distant future. I'm not talking about a $30 Million dollar sim, but a full blown home cockpit on a motion platform in my 2 car workshop garage, here is what I plan on doing.1. Since I do not have the time, talent nor inclination to build from scratch, I will be purchasing a Boeing 737NG Flight Deck from FDS.2. Purchase a low height Full Motion platform.3. Purchase the best surround monitor or projector I can afford, even if it means waiting until I can afford the equipment.4. Network FSX and all flight deck components.The best part, my wife already knows the garage is mine for this project when we move to Boca Raton Fl. :Big Grin: Over the years, I've managed to contribute and invest extra cash with this project in mind. As of November 2, 2010 I have $105,161.28. Unfortunately, the stock market killed me the last few years.

It kinda reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the guy wins loads of money then spends it all on 1 house made of gold
:LMAO: That was funny!

I can't imagine any old sod can buy a level-d class full motion simulator. Imagine the security risks. You wouldn't be allowed near a real plane ever again Nail%20Biting.gif

Hi there - I think I can help you. FSAP have just completed a full-motion 6 DOF boeing 737NG flight simulator - the visuals are superb (better than many already on the market). The website is not up-to-date but you can find contact details on www.fsap.com.au call or email for info. Here is a review: http://www.aviationadvertiser.com.au/news/2010/12/affordable-simulation/ Cheers

Where are the sim techs and the other staff going to live ?Operating a level D sim takes about 4 full time staff.You will have a ready made family too. :LMAO:

re. Doch202's full motion chambers.I've never seen better one. Ever!

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Speaking of motion sims, do you guys know anywhere around Australia (Brisbane) where you can rent its use for an hour or so?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Speaking of motion sims, do you guys know anywhere around Australia (Brisbane) where you can rent its use for an hour or so?
Therecwas a guy years ago that built a full motion 747 sim in Australia. I haven't looked for a website but he actually bought part of a 747 cockpit and built the platform himself. He built it in a huge warehouse.