Sign in to follow this  

When you've moved it--- you've killed it........

Such as the topic ""Would you be able to land an Airliner in an emergency ?"I didn't really care to respond to this thread, but when it's moved from here, to a forum such as the "Hangar Forum" then it's practically dead anyway! From the looks of it, the Hangar forum doesn't seem to have much business. I'd hate see to any topic that relates to real aviation, or one that combines real aviation and simulation......... moved! Besides this same thread generated many replies at the "other place" in the general MSFS forum. To shuffle some of these postings off to obscure areas seems to take some of the fun and interest out of this forum; at least that's my opinion. How about a re-change of policy? L.Adamson

Well, the current policy is that this MSFS General forum is for MS Flight Simulator (in reality that probably includes 5, 98, 2000 and 2002 ;-) ), and all things not directly pertaining to that topic should be moved to a specialized forum or to the 'general forum for all things aviation', which is the Hangar Forum.Over to the boss, I guess..... >>>>>> :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I know what you mean - I have started checking the "Hangar" forum now as a matter of course, but I always start off in this forum !!

Guest mikehaska

Well, call me anal retentive (actually, don't!) but I like it when everything is in the right place. MSFS Forum for Flight Sim, Fly Forum for Fly stuff, Hangar Chat for aviation jokes and TWA800 Updates, and the Screenshots Forum for Screenshots Only (Hint, Hint, Mr. Adamson ;))If that sort of topic interests you, perhaps you should take a few minutes each day to pop into the Hangar Chat forum, you might like it there! :-)Edit: HeHeHe... I got lost, this is the MSFS Forum. For some reason, I thought I was in the Screenshots Place! Excuse my Hint to Mr. Adamson. Now, where's my Mommy?!?

...and I, for one, would hate to see it changed. Let those who's interests lie elsewhere go elsewhere. But, please, leave things as they are and keep this forum on-topic. Trip

Sticking to the policy, this thread also belongs in the Hangar Chat.. and that's where I am going to move it to. :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Hehe... bet you loved doing that !!!:-jumpy

Uhoh.... am I THAT tranparent ??? LOL Sorry Larry... ahem. :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Yes, you are right.. The Hangar forun is very quiet. Although I check it every day and try to reply more..it's nothing compared to the MS forum. Maybe people are not as aware about this forum as they are about the MS forum. Oh Well, maybe the more we post here the more people will read it and it will become more active.Mike

Larry:I couldn't agree more and posted my comments earlier, but it was probably moved!! When did all this policing start? It's a dragAlex CN562ZKMSP - Minneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Mike,that was one of the reasons we got rid of another 'general' forum, made the Hangar Forum the main 'off-topic' one and are trying to clean up the MSFS forum often.It is going to take a bit of time for everybody to learn and adjust obviously, but we feel it is the way we provide the best service to the majority of our visitors.Have a MS Flight Sim topic, question? Where to look? In the MSFS Forum.Have something else.... Hangar Chat !! :-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

It is certainly better now that GENERAL & HANGAR have been merged !!!

Guest Scott Campbell

Larry,You're missing the point. If those topics would be started here in the first place, the Hangar Chat forum would have the same viewing as the FS forum.The reason Hangar Chat doesn't get much viewing IS because no one posts what should be here here.So in moving those topics here that belong here, this forum will pick up.Pavlov.

>>You're missing the point. If those topics would be started >here in the first place, the Hangar Chat forum would have >the same viewing as the FS forum. >Maybe I just think different. I combine real piloting with sim piloting, and my postings and thoughts seem to relect this. If real and simulated has to be shuffled off into two different forums, then my interest is sure to be lost. I thought one of the purposes of FS2002 and it's real life data-bases was to simulate real flight and bring it up above levels of just a game. Now it seems we're being segregated at the moderators will, into "game" versus "real life". If the intention is to create a "simmers only" board, then that's what will happen!L.Adamson

Yeah..merging has made this forum more active...it will probably be a while before everyone gets used to to posting here in the first place..then this forum will be more active.Take careMike