Sign in to follow this  
Donstim

whats up with fs9 landing lights??

Guest danielguzas

Hello all,Is it just me or do the landing lights in FS9 stink? I just landed at night during a thunderstorm and I needed to turn them off just to see where I am going. It looks like the landing lights just create a bright white haze over the textures instead of actually Illuminating the surface. I think it was FS98 when the landing lights actually helped to see in the dark. Ever since then the lights have been just an effect to emulate the look of lights. Anyone else have this issue? or is it for some reason just my computer?

Try this to see if it helps.Press and hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys. While still holding them down, press the Num Lock key in the number pad to turn off the green light above the number pad. Continuing to hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys, press the 8 key or the 2 key in the number pad to adjust your landing lights.I hope this helps you.

Guest ba747heavy

I hate flying at night in FS, especially online. I wantto stay on taxiways and such, but I can't because I can't see them because the lights wash everything out. It really sucks. So my cheat is to fly daylight only, or if it is night, change it to do day :)

>I hate flying at night in FS, especially online. I wantto>stay on taxiways and such, but I can't because I can't see>them because the lights wash everything out. It really sucks.> So my cheat is to fly daylight only, or if it is night,>change it to do day :)This is what I get, night light wise, with the Cessna taxi light. The taxiway's are no problem to see...........at least the way my video card renders the scene.L.Adamson Athlon1900XP/Geforce3Ti500http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/43160.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/43161.jpg

>I hate flying at night in FS, especially online. I wantto>stay on taxiways and such, but I can't because I can't see>them because the lights wash everything out. It really sucks.> So my cheat is to fly daylight only, or if it is night,>change it to do day :)I used to hate flying at night, too, back with FS 2002. The taxiways were practically invisible. I just had my first online night landing last night at JFK in FS9, and was very happy to see that the taxiway lights and lighted runway markers makes night flying fun again.Have you tried not using the landing lights? I didn't need them, so didn't even try using them.Don S.