Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Error Message from FS9

Hi Guys,I've been getting this error message for quite a while using FS9 and was curious to know if anybody knew what it meant'? And what I can do to prevent it happening all the time? I hope these imagines are not to big? Apologies if they are :( The only other things running at the same time as flight Sim was Active sky evolution and I was connected to VATSIM using FSInn.My computer specs areWindows XP Home Edition SP3Intel®Core2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz2GB RAM500GB Hard DriveNividia GeForce 9600GT 512mbMany ThanksJason

Jason Thompson

Hi,Is there any of the experts from the forum here who might know what it the error message means?ThanksJason

Jason Thompson

Hi,Is there any of the experts from the forum here who might know what it the error message means?ThanksJason
Do you get this when you are not running the programs mentioned? Try running without ASE - does it happen then? How about with ASE and not using VATSIM/FSInn? You see where I'm going with this?DJ

Is there any of the experts from the forum here who might know what it the error message means?
No experts, we are all amateurs sharing our experiences . . .Attributing the failure to fs9.exe is pretty major, most failures are more specific. I'm guessing this is occurring during startup or at an early point in the proceedings?Clutching at straws a little, I would suggest firstly backing up your fs9.cfg and letting FS build its own default fs9.exe to see if that fixes the problem.Or it could be something else on your PC clashing with FS9. You could try setting your screen resolution differently.Also try shutting down all unwanted programmes running in the System Tray etc.These are just ideas - not promises of a solution . . .John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I've had error messages in the past caused by add-on scenery, worth a try. It's also worth cleaning the registry and before firing up FS9 closing all unnecessary running programs. IObit's GameBooster is a good freeware program, used by a lot of simmers.

The 0Xc000005 error is a memory exception meaning memory is being addressed in a protected area that should not be. If you clicked details in the first box I think that displayed your first popup.ntdll.dll often is the service that displays errors. If you had scrolled down you would see other .dlls running.One of the displays should report what is called the CS register segment and P register which combine to point to the aboslute physical RAM address.Sorry this isn't much help.

The 0Xc000005 error is a memory exception meaning memory is being addressed in a protected area that should not be. If you clicked details in the first box I think that displayed your first popup.ntdll.dll often is the service that displays errors. If you had scrolled down you would see other .dlls running.One of the displays should report what is called the CS register segment and P register which combine to point to the aboslute physical RAM address.Sorry this isn't much help.
Hi Ghiom / Ron,Thanks for the link that you sent Ghiom, I think I need to go through that.Ron does that mean I need to do something with my physical memory from following the link that was sent by Ghiom?ThanksJason

Jason Thompson

For now I would look more to a defective scenery, model, or application. Run just a default aircraft with no other add-on running.See if it occurs within a couple of hundred miles of a specific area and during a specific season. FS loads a lot of scenery data and AI around your aircraft location within a fairly large range.Is FS the only resource hungry application that gives you a problem? Does it occur only when running another application with it?Have you alt-tabbed out of of FS to see if any other error dialogs exist?Anyway the info in that link is a good start.

Maybe simpler than it seems. In the report "files to be sent" herein may provide the clue.. In most cases FS9.cfg and the standard DirectX.xml,, but in yours, the scenery.cfg is sent too... Look there. That is one of the first reads of the whole FS system, it provides the "world" wherein you simulate. Can only be a numbering or a simple text file mistake. Have you installed scenery recently?The other thread about a bad memory module may be a good look too. FS with video editing/sampling, 3d rendering/compiling are the 3 most memory hogging apps. Usually when a bad memory module goes bad the OS will go bad too ( just cuz those addresses are used more) , you may have just hit an address that is bad. Had it.Never had to reinstall FS9...ever.Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap