Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

OM Gosh...Where The HECK Is the fs9.cfg File At???????

Greetings! (again)...I open fs9 with notepad, use the pull down menu to open "all files" type and run searches...no fs9.cfg??I looked inside the Config folder...nope. I see fs9 with no cfg. listing after name. Open it and it looks like reams and reams of code. Certainly not what I was used to when playing with the fs2002.cfg file.It HAS to be somewhere. I see scenery.cfg, I see display.cfg, devices.cfg, I see Johny and Margeret and Phillip and...So just where the heck is it? (Ooooo...no, no. I know what you're thinking!)Thanks from "The Land of the Brain Dead".Jeff aka MrMertz

Guest shanwick

JeffI don't know what version of Windows you are running but use the search facility to look for fs9.cfg and that should show you where it is. If it doesn't find anything then it means that the file has been deleted in which case run MSFS again and it will be automatically created. You can then do another search for it.Hope this helps.David

Thanks David...I did a search and no luck. I tried going the route as the READ ME FIRST has it...no luck. I'm using WindowsXP Home Edition. It's like it's, well, gone! I can nav through to Application DataMicrosoft but then there is no FS9 listed to go into. When I use notepad and go directly into FS9 folder and choose to show all types of folders, again no FS9.cfg.Maybe I'll try what you suggest but then would FS9 run WITHOUT the .cfg file??? I wouldn't think so.Jeff aka MrMertz

Hello,An utility is available "FS9 configurator" on this sitefs9cfg14.zip

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest vertical

Oh My Gosh, this thread has been here 1000 times before, use the search button ;-)

Guest crashing_pilot

>WHAT!?! You don't use my proggie????>nonono no banning of "Dark Moment" please .... we all have our "Dark Moments" .... and even if the day "Dark Moment" registered here on Avsim was a "Dark Moment" in the history of said website:i NEED that swiremariners website banner ;-).man,that "Dark Moment" thingy is way cool to play with.....i'm gonna have to think some more "Dark Moment" stuff ;-)